Author Topic: Anime & Manga 3  (Read 164245 times)

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
Re: Anime & Manga 3
« Reply #340 on: June 29, 2011, 04:11:24 AM »
[spoiler]Well it was pretty clear even in the anime, Sayaka still vanishes. Madoka couldn't do more without risking perverting their wishes, but since they just run out of power when taken by despair, it helps.

Of course, monsters still spawn, but I notice that Madoka's wish affected "all times and all universes" so even alternate timelines are saved? Could be interesting to see the potential consequences of that.[/spoiler]
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

Shadowhunter

• Hong Kong
« Reply #341 on: June 29, 2011, 03:10:55 PM »
Naruto:

[spoiler]Did he just make Shadow Clones while in Kyuubi mode?
He's cheating, he's not supposed to be able to do that.

Also, lolz at the amount of different Rasengans the dude pulls of.[/spoiler]
[Spoiler]
Quote from: Runestar
the most effective optimization is the one you can actually get away with.  :smirk

Quote from: Vinom
(A group of nerds are called a murder because like crows we are anti-social, like shiny things, and often squack at each other over nothing for hours)

I often have to remind people not to underrate divination.  The ability to effectively metagame without actually metagaming beats the ability to set things on fire more times than not.
[/quote]
[/spoiler]

Binder? You're Welcome

Zceryll makes Binders go from tier 3 to tier 2.
Cagemarrow is a Genius

Before giving the advice that build X would be better of with Fist of the Forest, take a long, good look at Primal Living. Twice.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #342 on: June 29, 2011, 10:12:19 PM »
http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/942711/
This seems like an appropriate post to commemorate today as a very special day: the day Madoka surpassed Nanoha in Danbooru's copyright tag post count. Madoka, a single 12-episode season anime, over a period of only 6 months, has toppled a show with three seasons amassing posts for over 7 years. If it can keep up the current pace, it should surpass Haruhi in a month or so, and attain the title of top anime copyright on all of Danbooru.

Shine on, you crazy diamond.
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #343 on: June 29, 2011, 11:16:19 PM »
Well its obvious what must be done....To battle!
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #344 on: June 29, 2011, 11:25:31 PM »
[spoiler]It appears that they forgot to have someone tag Hayate. And that she's casting Ragnarok. :p[/spoiler]
My work
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #345 on: June 29, 2011, 11:45:54 PM »
Too bad Mami didn't come along to duel though.
Coulda used the firepower.

Scenario:
Mami and Nanoha go into an artillery duel.
Homura goes into a contest of speed with Fate.
Madoka and Hayate charge their game enders.
Kyouko goes Spear-chain vs Signum's Sword-chain
Sayaka tanks Vita.

And...lets put QB in the middle of all the conflict.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #346 on: June 30, 2011, 01:41:52 AM »
Negima 330

[spoiler]Godzilla Evangeline Threshold Breached[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 01:51:37 AM by veekie »
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
« Reply #347 on: June 30, 2011, 02:22:08 AM »
Negima
[spoiler]Methinks Negi could use some of Konoka's TLC healing.[/spoiler]

[spoiler][/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #348 on: June 30, 2011, 04:08:49 AM »
[spoiler]Triple Astrape looks like it hurt[/spoiler]
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #349 on: June 30, 2011, 06:38:25 AM »
[spoiler]Triple Astrape looks like it hurt[/spoiler]
[spoiler]It has 'rape' in the name for a reason.

And damn, as "Nice job breaking it" surprises go, that was one nasty one.[/spoiler]
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

oslecamo

• Grape ape
« Reply #350 on: June 30, 2011, 11:05:27 AM »

And to think a couple months ago you were posting pictures of Madoka being curbstomped by Nahoa. :P

Negima
[spoiler]
They pissed off the Alice/Remilia expy. They're screwed. So screwed.

And yes the healing chick should be doing her job. I really miss the time when the harem army could do anything more than comment from the sidelines and deal with minor enemies.
[/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #351 on: June 30, 2011, 04:45:43 PM »
ViVid 22

Seems like binds are meant to be snapped like string.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #352 on: July 01, 2011, 08:12:40 AM »
ViVid 22

[spoiler]Victor and Sieg. *yurigoggles on*
I dub this ship Victoryuri. It's made of Win. Literally.[/spoiler]
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #353 on: July 01, 2011, 07:47:04 PM »
ViVid 22

[spoiler]A new magic system is introduced?[/spoiler]
My work

Cubey

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #354 on: July 01, 2011, 11:30:05 PM »
Negimoo
[spoiler]Well, that was a rather... badly paced chapter. We don't need 15 pages of "hey, our heroes are SO screwed" with, as you guys pointed several times already, the girls not doing anything other than stare while they could be helping in some, even if limited, way.

Bad Akamatsu. At least we have the Dark Evangel in the picture.[/spoiler]

ViVid
[spoiler]Damnit, did you hear that sizzling sound? My yuri-dar just went off the scale and exploded. I need a new one.

Also, witches. I assume psychological/fear-based warfare is involved here?[/spoiler]

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #355 on: July 01, 2011, 11:42:45 PM »
Negimoo
[spoiler]Well, that was a rather... badly paced chapter. We don't need 15 pages of "hey, our heroes are SO screwed" with, as you guys pointed several times already, the girls not doing anything other than stare while they could be helping in some, even if limited, way.

Bad Akamatsu. At least we have the Dark Evangel in the picture.[/spoiler]

ViVid
[spoiler]Damnit, did you hear that sizzling sound? My yuri-dar just went off the scale and exploded. I need a new one.

Also, witches. I assume psychological/fear-based warfare is involved here?[/spoiler]

[spoiler]She touches the girl's HEAD and your yuridar explodes? How sensitive IS that thing?  :p[/spoiler]
Gendou Ikari is basically Gregory House in Kaminashades. This is FACT.

For proof, look here:

http://www.layoutjelly.com/image_27/gendo_ikari/

[SPOILER]
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Katana of Enlightenment.
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

I HAVE BROKEN THE 69 INTERNETS BARRIER!

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
« Reply #356 on: July 01, 2011, 11:56:51 PM »
No, I think Cubey's referring to the last line of that page Kuro. That's a yuri line if I've ever seen one.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #357 on: July 02, 2011, 12:02:35 AM »
ViVid
[spoiler]Looking very Black Rock Shooter there Champion. And given how this series thrives on blasting the shit out of each other, a big, long, black cannon would not look out of place.

And the girl with those binding chains, give it up, you'll never be as good as Caro or Yuuno when it comes to chains and binds.  :lol

As for the witch Fabia... Devil Tamer (Alice?). Enchant Curse (Hina?), Device Witchbroom Hell Gazer (Marisa?) I can see why that girl cried.[/spoiler]
"You'll still be living in caves."
"Hell I don't mind that."
[spoiler][/spoiler]
befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

Cubey

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #358 on: July 02, 2011, 12:16:51 AM »
The yuri-dar picked up the relationship as a whole. That was just an example.

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #359 on: July 02, 2011, 12:25:10 AM »
Little suggestion if anyone's interested in mid-90's, semi-mindless martial arts manga: Koukou Tekken-den TOUGH. The main character is very much a funny delinquent.

The manga is potentially NSFW at times, but it's also fairly fun for when you want to turn your brain off.
Gendou Ikari is basically Gregory House in Kaminashades. This is FACT.

For proof, look here:

http://www.layoutjelly.com/image_27/gendo_ikari/

[SPOILER]
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Katana of Enlightenment.
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

I HAVE BROKEN THE 69 INTERNETS BARRIER!