Author Topic: Anime & Manga 3  (Read 164164 times)

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
Re: Anime & Manga 3
« Reply #320 on: June 21, 2011, 03:40:40 PM »
[spoiler]
Witch-Kirika
Barrier Theme - Alice in Wonderland
Witch base - Mad Hatter?
Familiars - hat wearing fuzzy bunny things.
Ability - Time Distortion
Kills :
No luck with guys-sensei(devoured to the bone)
Unknown Male and Female classmate(devoured upper body, possibly saved by Mami gunfire)
Unknown Female classmate(sitting in a puddle of blood and bleeding from eyes and mouth when Sayaka passes with Hitomi)

Wounded:
Homura - Nearly mogumogu'd
Mami - Tentacle Wrap followed by massive impact
Kyoko - Massive impact[/spoiler]
Missed anything?

Also spoiler for Oriko 7
[spoiler]Homura exits timeline. You know what that means[/spoiler]
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #321 on: June 21, 2011, 04:13:27 PM »
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

veekie

• Organ Grinder
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

oslecamo

• Grape ape
« Reply #323 on: June 22, 2011, 07:07:01 AM »
Oriko 7
[spoiler]
Bad End.

Oriko bites it, but not before taking down Kyuubei down with her. And Madoka. Prescience is indeed a dangerous power.

Well at least the world is saved from Madoka-witch. I guess. There may not be enough magic girls to left to defeat Walpurgis.

[/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #324 on: June 22, 2011, 02:59:10 PM »
Oriko 7
[spoiler]
Bad End.

Oriko bites it, but not before taking down Kyuubei down with her. And Madoka. Prescience is indeed a dangerous power.

Well at least the world is saved from Madoka-witch. I guess. There may not be enough magic girls to left to defeat Walpurgis.

[/spoiler]
[spoiler]There are. All the girls who're are alive, so you have Kyoko, Yuma and Mami. Sayaka is demonstrating the same sort of activity that will put her on the path to be a magical girl as well, this time with full knowledge of what it means to sign up. With this knowledge they would be apt to take more care of magic usage, and theres enough girls to give Walpurgis a run for her money.

Without Madoka, there is no profit in Kyubey maneuvering them to their deaths, though Homura would have immediately gone for a new cycle. Plot wise, it removes the two powerful plot devices of the anime neatly, without breaking continuity, no doubt in future loops Homura assassinates Oriko before she ever gets Yuma into the scheme, in order to protect Madoka.

I have to admit though, watching that shard splatter QB's head is immensely satisfying.[/spoiler]
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

oslecamo

• Grape ape
« Reply #325 on: June 22, 2011, 03:23:46 PM »
[spoiler]There are. All the girls who're are alive, so you have Kyoko, Yuma and Mami. Sayaka is demonstrating the same sort of activity that will put her on the path to be a magical girl as well, this time with full knowledge of what it means to sign up. With this knowledge they would be apt to take more care of magic usage, and theres enough girls to give Walpurgis a run for her money.

Without Madoka, there is no profit in Kyubey maneuvering them to their deaths, though Homura would have immediately gone for a new cycle. Plot wise, it removes the two powerful plot devices of the anime neatly, without breaking continuity, no doubt in future loops Homura assassinates Oriko before she ever gets Yuma into the scheme, in order to protect Madoka.

I have to admit though, watching that shard splatter QB's head is immensely satisfying.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]
Eerr, Kyubey never maneuvered them to their deaths. He just had to worry about geting them to make the contract, then he just had to sit back and watch them colapse either by being nomed, stabbed by another magic girl or pure despair at the ugly real world. Sooner, later, they all break except for Homura and Madoka-god. In particular, the longer they take to break, the more energy they yield so no reason to rush. Even when Madoka rewrote the universe, magic girls were still colapsing left, right and center despite Kyubey geting no profit from  it anymore.

Sayaka in particular always breaks. When Homura tried to warn her, in the "normal" continuity because of boyfriend problems and on the rewritten universe despite having the backup of three other magic girls. She's a weak link, in particular when she discovers that she's turned into a pretty lich (which was not revealed on this continuity, just that they eventually turn into witches).

Similarly Mami has a record of geting softer and softer with allies so there's a good chance she slips and gets nomed. That or simply snaping and start shooting her own teammates. Very unstable link.

So we probably end up with Kyoko and Yuma. One has serious lack of experience, the other quite reckless, chances aren't very good.

Good point on Homura now starting every new loop by killing Oriko. I had tought about exactly that when I was reading but then forgot it.

Which makes one wonder if Homura doesn't keep a list of "things to take care off right away when I start a new loop".

[/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #326 on: June 22, 2011, 03:59:45 PM »
[spoiler]While he did not do in Mami, he did push Sayaka and Kyoko both to die faster, since he wanted Madoka-who-has-all-the-power-he-needs to contract.

Sayaka's Case:
Root causes
- Heroic Personality. When stressed, she tends to go all out and hasten corruption via magic depletion. It's a pretty deep part of her, given that what we've seen of her in Oriko has her battling familiars WITHOUT any knowledge or power, just a candy cane and a ribbon-stick ripped from the Barrier itself.
- Ms NTR. She likes Kamijou, but can't spit it out, and Hitomi will nab him, causing a classic teenage girl breakdown.
- As an extension of her paladin complex, she will reject help and the methods of other less than heroic sorts.

Kyubey's nudge: Telling her how she can be more heroic and also rubbing in the pretty lich aspect(that is an awesome phrasing btw). The 'disregard pain, let regeneration handle it all' method taxes her magical reserves, not to mention the superspeed enhancement she started using.

What is different:
- This time she would go into it(if she does indeed contract), knowing the dangers and at least the consequence of magical depletion. Due to her heroic personality(much like Mami), she would strive to avoid Witchdom, at least. Possibly she might kill herself before she corrupts all the way.
- She'd have support. While she does not trust Kyoko(ruthless facade) and Homura(ruthless for anything not-Madoka), she does trust Mami(heroic type just like her), and probably Yuma(shes cute, who can resist?). This'd help avoid fatal isolation.
- Madoka is dead. It'd be more profitable for the girls to defeat Walpurgis, collect her grief seeds and then inevitably corrupt. They taste sweeter that way, and it helps if you don't kill the goose that lays the golden eggs.
EDIT: - ALSO, Hitomi owes Sayaka her life. Knowingly so, unless they got memory wiped. She probably wouldn't yoink her savior's boyfriend, would she?

Kyouko's Case:
Root cause: Frustration mostly.

Kyubey's Nudge - Nudge, nudge, hint, hint, maybe Witch can be saved. This is a totally unnecessary push, except he wanted to force Madoka into contracting.

What's different: Madoka is dead, theres no reason to nudge her. Better to wait for the natural end.

[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 04:16:25 PM by veekie »
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

oslecamo

• Grape ape
« Reply #327 on: June 22, 2011, 04:19:13 PM »
[spoiler]
That wasn't a nudge, that was Kyubey honestly answering Sayaka's question to why did she need to be turned into a pretty lich. "Because if you were still human you would've been left screaming in a bloody pulp". Then Sayaka decides to abuse it on her own.

Homura even tries to give her a grief seed to recharge, but Sayaka is indeed too much of a lonely paladin. She didn't witched for abusing the HP/boost system (which they pretty much need to abuse to suceed, and she used against Kyoko anyway), she witched because she refused to use grief seeds.

Also on the madoka-god universe Sayaka still didn't kill herself and then colapsed despite knowing the rules. And having Mami's suport.

Kyoko ironically was the one self-destructing. She was also the one deciding that Sayaka could be saved by herself. The incubator actualy pointed out she was gone for good.

Kyubey even points out what the hell does Kyoko expects to acomplish by taking care of Sayaka's puppet body! The "Sayaka can still be saved" argument was only used towards Madoka to try to get her to sign the contract. Kyoko wasn't anywhere near to listen to it.

Equally important, since Kyoko sacrificed her soul for her final strike, Kyubey probably didn't even profit much from it.

[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #328 on: June 22, 2011, 05:57:54 PM »
Bleach seems to be getting better for now. Current villain is apparently[spoiler]modifying the memories of everyone in town just to screw with Ichigo's head.[/spoiler]
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #329 on: June 22, 2011, 06:02:39 PM »
Bleach seems to be getting better for now. Current villain is apparently[spoiler]modifying the memories of everyone in town just to screw with Ichigo's head.[/spoiler]
Bleach improved significantly once it got back to the Karakura gang.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
« Reply #330 on: June 22, 2011, 06:27:45 PM »

Bleach improved when Captain Broken stopped being plot-relevant.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #331 on: June 22, 2011, 07:07:54 PM »

Bleach improved when Captain Broken stopped being plot-relevant.
It improved periodically whenever they had the KaraKanonji filler, regardless of Aizenvolvment.

There was a long stretch of time where I only watched the filler episodes.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #332 on: June 22, 2011, 07:17:53 PM »
[spoiler]
That wasn't a nudge, that was Kyubey honestly answering Sayaka's question to why did she need to be turned into a pretty lich. "Because if you were still human you would've been left screaming in a bloody pulp". Then Sayaka decides to abuse it on her own.

Homura even tries to give her a grief seed to recharge, but Sayaka is indeed too much of a lonely paladin. She didn't witched for abusing the HP/boost system (which they pretty much need to abuse to suceed, and she used against Kyoko anyway), she witched because she refused to use grief seeds.

Also on the madoka-god universe Sayaka still didn't kill herself and then colapsed despite knowing the rules. And having Mami's suport.

Kyoko ironically was the one self-destructing. She was also the one deciding that Sayaka could be saved by herself. The incubator actualy pointed out she was gone for good.

Kyubey even points out what the hell does Kyoko expects to acomplish by taking care of Sayaka's puppet body! The "Sayaka can still be saved" argument was only used towards Madoka to try to get her to sign the contract. Kyoko wasn't anywhere near to listen to it.

Equally important, since Kyoko sacrificed her soul for her final strike, Kyubey probably didn't even profit much from it.

[/spoiler]
[spoiler]
The means: "I've never seen it happen before. You never know what crazy things magical girls can do"(both factual statements, combined to generate a false conclusion)
*after the event*
"Well of course it was impossible"

Consider the return on investment:
Madoka at the point, has enough magical potential to exceed the output of every girl on the planet once she flips Witch. As long as she contracts, this is inevitable.
Madoka is not contracting, due to Homura's interference.
Sayaka is allowing Madoka to simply hold to the status quo. After all, her friend has the Witch situation under control.
Truth of prettylich is exposed by accident. Girls are traumatizing.
Sayaka unstable, encourage her towards risky behavior to harvest energy potential before she gets herself killed. Also pushes Madoka towards contracting because of Walpurgis hazard approaching.
Sayaka turns to witch. Main energy harvest from subject complete.
Madoka still not contracting, Homura and Kyoko may be able to defeat Walpurgis, removing the easiest motivation for Madoka to contract.
Subject Kyoko exhibiting irrational actions towards Subject Sayaka. Potential Witchification candidate.
Nudge Kyoko into going through with her insane and obviously suicidal plan.
Subject Kyoko performs as expected, being eliminated. Unfortunately Subject's irrational behavior prevented energy harvest as well as secondary energy harvest. However, return on investment is still positive. Homura is not able to defeat Walpurgis alone, Madoka will contract as a logical consequence. Either Homura will ask for help(rational) or she will be killed(irrational), Madoka will contract to save the city. The resultant energy return will be far greater than that lost by Kyoko's wastage by orders of magnitude.
Madoka contracts. Fffff-
[/spoiler]
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #333 on: June 23, 2011, 10:31:17 AM »
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
« Reply #334 on: June 23, 2011, 01:32:55 PM »
Negima 329

First and foremost, YAY SETCHAN!

[spoiler]FUCK, the Big Boss is still there...[/spoiler]

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #335 on: June 23, 2011, 01:43:44 PM »
Negima
[spoiler]I am slightly disappointed that the two side-battles only got resolved off-screen, but I can see how it may have been necessary for pacing. Three battles total that each lasted as long as the main battle would've been too much.

Also, Fuck Yeah Mana.[/spoiler]
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #336 on: June 23, 2011, 04:03:07 PM »
Go read Change 123.

NOW.

It's effin' delicious!
Gendou Ikari is basically Gregory House in Kaminashades. This is FACT.

For proof, look here:

http://www.layoutjelly.com/image_27/gendo_ikari/

[SPOILER]
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Katana of Enlightenment.
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

I HAVE BROKEN THE 69 INTERNETS BARRIER!

Risada

• Grape ape
  • Wearing this outfit in the name of SCIENCE!
    • Email
« Reply #337 on: June 23, 2011, 08:19:11 PM »
Go read Change 123.

NOW.

It's effin' delicious!

Already did. And it's awesome  :thumb

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #338 on: June 24, 2011, 08:29:22 PM »
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 08:46:42 PM by Prime32 »
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

oslecamo

• Grape ape
« Reply #339 on: June 28, 2011, 08:07:04 AM »
I fully aprove of this one.
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Sword and loli are one!
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

On other news, the "base" Madoka manga ended.

[spoiler]
Quite interesting that at the end Madoka's sacrifice just delayed the inevitable end of the world under the power of negative feelings. Helps explaining the end of the anime as well.

[/spoiler]