Author Topic: Anime & Manga 3  (Read 164195 times)

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
Re: Anime & Manga 3
« Reply #220 on: May 19, 2011, 10:49:45 AM »
What happens if Archer is summoned as a replacement dad for Rin and Sakura?
Cuteness ensues, that's what.
So much adorable it can probably cure disease.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #221 on: May 19, 2011, 12:34:06 PM »
So much adorable it can probably cure disease.

I'll stop trying to Heal my nutbladder.
"You'll still be living in caves."
"Hell I don't mind that."
[spoiler][/spoiler]
befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #222 on: May 19, 2011, 07:13:27 PM »
So... much... cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute...

*Head asplodes*
Gendou Ikari is basically Gregory House in Kaminashades. This is FACT.

For proof, look here:

http://www.layoutjelly.com/image_27/gendo_ikari/

[SPOILER]
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Katana of Enlightenment.
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

I HAVE BROKEN THE 69 INTERNETS BARRIER!

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
« Reply #226 on: May 19, 2011, 10:20:22 PM »
Hmm, how is exactly that manga/anime specific? Western comics/animation also has plenty of characters who turn into lighting.

Negi Springfield.

I was trying to find a GIF of Ky Kiske, since that's the second name that pops up when I hear the words "Ride the Lightning". Metallica notwithstanding.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #227 on: May 19, 2011, 10:43:51 PM »
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #228 on: May 20, 2011, 01:00:58 AM »
Took them long enough to put it up, its been translated for most of a month now.

Oriko Magicaa Ch 3
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #229 on: May 20, 2011, 07:40:10 AM »
"You'll still be living in caves."
"Hell I don't mind that."
[spoiler][/spoiler]
befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
Gendou Ikari is basically Gregory House in Kaminashades. This is FACT.

For proof, look here:

http://www.layoutjelly.com/image_27/gendo_ikari/

[SPOILER]
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Katana of Enlightenment.
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

I HAVE BROKEN THE 69 INTERNETS BARRIER!

Littha

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #231 on: May 20, 2011, 04:10:29 PM »
Hmm, how is exactly that manga/anime specific? Western comics/animation also has plenty of characters who turn into lighting.

more specifically i think this is a reference to guild wars... which has a spell by that exact name with that exact effect...

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Ride_the_Lightning

kamikasei

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #232 on: May 20, 2011, 04:42:52 PM »
Bardiche/Raising Heart OTP.
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #233 on: May 20, 2011, 05:13:34 PM »
Nanoha ViVid 20
Cross Mirage water pistol!
Maybe theres a Freid or Voltaire plushie somewhere...
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Risada

• Grape ape
  • Wearing this outfit in the name of SCIENCE!
    • Email
« Reply #234 on: May 21, 2011, 06:51:10 PM »

Negi Springfield.

I was trying to find a GIF of Ky Kiske, since that's the second name that pops up when I hear the words "Ride the Lightning". Metallica notwithstanding.

It's not Ride the Lightning, but here's man...

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #235 on: May 24, 2011, 02:34:34 AM »
Negima 325

[spoiler]Epic Handshake!

The power of Zeus against the power of Hades!
Heaven and Hell rumble![/spoiler]
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #236 on: May 24, 2011, 03:25:24 AM »
Negima
[spoiler]Thousand Bolts VS it's fire/earth-equivalent, at touch range. And here I thought Rakan was badass...

Ok, that was clearly Zecht in the last page.[/spoiler]

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #237 on: May 24, 2011, 04:31:51 AM »
Negima
[spoiler]The fate of the world is decided by the two rivals holding hands. I can hear the fangirls squeeing from here.

Can't tell if the MotB is a bishie or a hot chick yet. Not Sure If Want.[/spoiler]
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #238 on: May 24, 2011, 04:45:07 AM »
Negima
[spoiler]The fate of the world is decided by the two rivals holding hands. I can hear the fangirls squeeing from here.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]I'm curious as to why Tertium didn't try a petrification spell there? Negi could have easily avoided it by turning into lightning again, but if Negi screwed up and Tertium got the timing right, CE would have won right then and there.[/spoiler]

Ha! Tertium's group has CE for initials. I'm just now realizing this.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #239 on: May 24, 2011, 05:34:16 AM »
Negima
[spoiler]The fate of the world is decided by the two rivals holding hands. I can hear the fangirls squeeing from here.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]I'm curious as to why Tertium didn't try a petrification spell there? Negi could have easily avoided it by turning into lightning again, but if Negi screwed up and Tertium got the timing right, CE would have won right then and there.[/spoiler]

Ha! Tertium's group has CE for initials. I'm just now realizing this.
[spoiler]Petrification spells take time to petrify a target with high resistance, they're incremental more than instant. He can't do that because before he gets more than petrified fingers Negi could have gone lightning.

More to the point, both of them have enough respect for each other not to go for a cheap finish.
[/spoiler]
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]