Author Topic: Anime & Manga 3  (Read 164279 times)

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
Re: Anime & Manga 3
« Reply #200 on: May 09, 2011, 01:24:14 PM »
Dog Days ep6
[spoiler]That opening narration is tempting fate.

Eclair blushes and wags her tail when you pet her head? As if the fans needed that. :p
The princess's head-patting is genius-like.
And then it just gets worse...

Those maids sure are enthusiastic.

Princess is a stalker.

It's implied that Saber Leonmichelle is waging war to prepare people for the threat of monsters... then it turns out she has seen a vision that the princess and hero will die within 30 days, and that there is no way to prevent this. So she's going to try something crazy.[/spoiler]
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #201 on: May 16, 2011, 04:38:07 AM »
Negima 324
[spoiler]Man, a delayed healing spell in anticipation of being taken out? Good Job Yue![/spoiler]
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

Cubey

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #202 on: May 16, 2011, 08:48:21 AM »
Okay, okay.

This chapter? Totally worth the wait.

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #203 on: May 16, 2011, 09:51:22 AM »
Negima 324
[spoiler]Man, a delayed healing spell in anticipation of being taken out? Good Job Yue![/spoiler]

The makings of a tier 1 mage. Contingency, contingency, contingency.
"You'll still be living in caves."
"Hell I don't mind that."
[spoiler][/spoiler]
befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
« Reply #204 on: May 16, 2011, 01:47:20 PM »
Negima
[spoiler]Wait. If the MotB is under Mahora, then who was the kid in the hood giving orders to Dynamis and Tertium?[/spoiler]

[spoiler][/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #206 on: May 16, 2011, 02:30:47 PM »
Negima 324

The makings of a tier 1 mage. Contingency, contingency, contingency.

No less than sixteen stacked up. One has to wonder why none of the other mages in the seting seems to have remembered to do so as well if a begginner mage like Yue can do so many at once.
Well, given the mentions of Negi's own unusual uses of delayed spells, actually thinking ahead does not appear to come to the minds of many mages. But then Yue makes up for lack of magical muscle with forethought and intelligence. And being in the Library Exploration Club is basically dungeon delving(WITHOUT Magic or ki powers mind), none of it's members were really more than inconvenienced by the Magic World.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #207 on: May 16, 2011, 03:30:59 PM »
Either that, or most mages consider contingencies more trouble than they're worth. Given that both instances of them being used (by Negi and Yue) are by explicit teen geniuses, albeit inexperienced by the first time they use them, perhaps setting up contingencies is not particularly hard, but rather complex. Like brute forcing mathematical algorithms. Perhaps it's a combination.
Negi is explicitly stated to exceed at Time And Prep.

Also...
[spoiler]So Eva's vampire daddy is MotB, huh.[/spoiler]
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #208 on: May 16, 2011, 04:24:46 PM »
I swear, my head's in the freaking clouds lately. This is the second time in two days I mispost something.

In other news, I'm watching G Gundam.

EDIT: Also, check out this fairly funny video.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 05:27:36 PM by Kuroimaken »
Gendou Ikari is basically Gregory House in Kaminashades. This is FACT.

For proof, look here:

http://www.layoutjelly.com/image_27/gendo_ikari/

[SPOILER]
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Katana of Enlightenment.
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

I HAVE BROKEN THE 69 INTERNETS BARRIER!

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #209 on: May 16, 2011, 05:04:37 PM »
In other news, I'm watching G Gundam.
WITH THE HELP OF KYOUJI!?
My work
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #210 on: May 16, 2011, 09:07:44 PM »
Easy dude, I've only gotten as far as episode 2 yet.  :P
Gendou Ikari is basically Gregory House in Kaminashades. This is FACT.

For proof, look here:

http://www.layoutjelly.com/image_27/gendo_ikari/

[SPOILER]
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Katana of Enlightenment.
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

I HAVE BROKEN THE 69 INTERNETS BARRIER!

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
« Reply #211 on: May 17, 2011, 12:06:09 AM »
Easy dude, I've only gotten as far as episode 2 yet.  :P

Its still a hamfest, even at that point.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #212 on: May 17, 2011, 06:27:47 AM »
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #213 on: May 17, 2011, 06:37:45 AM »
Oriko Magica ch01
God, Kyubey is ugly.
[spoiler]"Never disrespect food!"[/spoiler]
My work

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #214 on: May 17, 2011, 07:03:17 AM »
[spoiler]You just KNOW the cute kid is screwed :([/spoiler]
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #215 on: May 17, 2011, 08:13:41 AM »
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Some amusing stuff in that gallery.
My work

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #216 on: May 17, 2011, 09:45:02 PM »
Dog Days 7
[spoiler]You're... throwing frisbees for the dog princess to catch. I... it looked like it was going to be something romantic, but her being so happy about it somehow makes it worse.

He can turn his sword into multiple things at once? And it obeys voice commands?
And its currently unattainable sword form is apparently its true, ultimate form. Chekov called, he'd like to do some decorating. :p

Speaking of tropes, there's a "paired weapon" called Ex Machina? What. The strangest thing is that someone with a choice of going between the two of them to screw destiny would pick the one named after a Masoukishin.

"I don't know if can ever get home, but make sure you summon me again after I do!" Um... nice priorities there.

And then he rubs her all over.

Woo art shift!

That shocking pronouncement wasn't really as shocking as I expected.[/spoiler]
My work

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #217 on: May 18, 2011, 03:08:20 AM »
Oriko Magica Ch 02

Damn you Kyubey!
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #218 on: May 19, 2011, 12:11:17 AM »
My work

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #219 on: May 19, 2011, 09:58:43 AM »
What happens if Archer is summoned as a replacement dad for Rin and Sakura?
Cuteness ensues, that's what.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation