Author Topic: Anime & Manga 3  (Read 164247 times)

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
Re: Anime & Manga 3
« Reply #60 on: March 21, 2011, 10:27:56 PM »
Negima:

[spoiler]
It's official, now Fate's fighting only for the lulz. Or perhaps love, but he just didn't realize it, being an evil monster and everything.

Mahora academy has heavy gunships. On the hands of the students. Does anybody actually does some studying there anymore?
[/spoiler]
[spoiler]I think they built some of those.[/spoiler]
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

Gods_Trick

• King Kong
« Reply #61 on: March 22, 2011, 12:38:28 PM »
Negima:

[spoiler]
It's official, now Fate's fighting only for the lulz. Or perhaps love, but he just didn't realize it, being an evil monster and everything.

Mahora academy has heavy gunships. On the hands of the students. Does anybody actually does some studying there anymore?
[/spoiler]
[spoiler]I think they built some of those.[/spoiler]

Engineering department if my memory of the Mahora Festival is accurate.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 07:45:18 PM by Gods_Trick »

oslecamo

• Grape ape
« Reply #62 on: March 22, 2011, 07:38:38 PM »
Inspector 24

[spoiler]
Cool new intro!

The infamous last dinner scene, fully animated! Except for the special african dish, guess the joke is harder to do when you can see what they're actually eating.

Excellen didn't even go to the hospital for a check up and right up to the frontlines. Guess they don't have much free time.

Inspectors pull a giant cannon of doom out of nowhere. Even the Shaddow Mirrors point out why exactly they didn't use it before.

Inspector girl basically commits suicide after Sikalog gets staked. It's a wonder her mecha just didn't explode after being cut in half, since that's what happens with all other giant robots that get cut in half in the show. Not made of explodium?

Dragon inspector first was all "I can block the freaking sword that smites evil! I'm invincible" and then he was all "GRANZON AIMING AT ME CRAP CRAP CRAP CCCCRRRRAAAAPPPPP!!!!"

Lamia trying to stab Axel and W16 puting herself on the way was a nice touch. Except one is left to wonder when exactly she lost her own lazer sword wich she could've used to parry the attack. And did she really have to use her own cockpit to take the blow? I kinda would've prefered the "My mecha gets reduced to wreckage after taking all of the Alteisen Riese's ammo in one go"

Wendolo really silent while his minions are being butchered and he just lost his super weapon. Well his little brother escaped alive to backstab him later.

I have a dark desire to see more of Shu ass kicking.
[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #63 on: March 27, 2011, 09:35:05 PM »
Inspector 25
[spoiler]Thought it was a continuity error at first, but no. That's actually the Guarbein Gunner. Huh.

...Wendolo really is an Einst. :o
"these annoying little animals who devoured the Fruit of Knowledge"... yeah, we're nothing like Angels. Just ignore our glowing red cores.

Oh god, his Dikastes has tentacles now. :o And then it goes and transforms into a beast.

Quote from: Shu
Masaki, don't you have something that could help us here?
:lmao Even Shu noticed he wasn't using Cyflash.

Axel: *attacks Alt* "Why don't you transform like Wendolo?"
Kyosuke: "I don't need that power to defeat you!"
I think your communication skills need some work, Kyosuke. Someone could get the wrong idea. :rollseyes

Oh god, these subs are awful.
Gilliam: "Vindel Mauser!"
Subs: "Ather Panzer!"
What is that even supposed to mean? Another line is just subbed "?"

That "army of Gilliam bioroids" plan probably isn't going to work, Vindel, but I can't blame you for not knowing about implied retcons that happened in another continuity after your game was created.

ERAAAAAASE

And the JAM Project instrumental begins to play. "Love you, love you, sekai ga..."

No, Sanger, he's not the dark stranger. You're thinking of the guy he's fighting. Kinda.

"Consecutive Supreme sword attacks, my one weakness!"

"Lamia, you can understand innuendo. Truly you are my masterpiece."

How exactly do you fall over in space? It seems linked to cyborgs being redeemed through death somehow.

Umm... in that reaction shot does Excellen's pilot suit not cover her neck? I shouldn't be complaining when we have Aya, but still.

Tyrant Breaker YES. Make Zwei's final attack completely pointless while you're at it.

...did Gilliam just crucify himself? On a section of the Zweizergain's head which is only accessible when its armour is blasted off? ??? How are they breathing in space? WHERE THE HELL DID THE POWER RANGER HELMET COME FROM?[/spoiler]
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

oslecamo

• Grape ape
« Reply #64 on: March 28, 2011, 08:12:10 PM »
Inspector 25
[spoiler]
Well since Axel is last Shaddow Mirror standing, I think now there's a possibility that he surrenders and cries for mercy aknowledges Kyosuke as being the good guy and allies with him to kick giant Einst ass.

...Wendolo really is an Einst. :o
"these annoying little animals who devoured the Fruit of Knowledge"... yeah, we're nothing like Angels. Just ignore our glowing red cores.
I owe you a cookie for that one.

Axel: *attacks Alt* "Why don't you transform like Wendolo?"
Kyosuke: "I don't need that power to defeat you!"
I think your communication skills need some work, Kyosuke. Someone could get the wrong idea. :rollseyes
What? Even Kyosuke has a dark side. And the einst do offer some pretty nifty work benefits. :p

"Consecutive Supreme sword attacks, my one weakness!"
Specially hilarous if you consider one of his subordinates was actually immune to it! :P

"Lamia, you can understand innuendo. Truly you are my masterpiece."
Big boobed cyborgs that can understand dirty jokes. That's what you get when Excellen plays mad scientist.

How exactly do you fall over in space? It seems linked to cyborgs being redeemed through death somehow.
Wasn't it all the bullet impacts pushing her forward? Also, Howling Rifle hell yeah!

Tyrant Breaker YES. Make Zwei's final attack completely pointless while you're at it.
Indeed, beating what was suposed to be one of the strongest bosses in this continuity at his own game must have been Bullet's top moment in all of SRW.

...did Gilliam just crucify himself? On a section of the Zweizergain's head which is only accessible when its armour is blasted off? ??? How are they breathing in space? WHERE THE HELL DID THE POWER RANGER HELMET COME FROM?
I have honestly no freaking idea. By the moment the helmet showed up my brain had already fried with all the absurdity out of nowhere.

BTW, is there any confirmation that Guilliam is an actual human and not some super cyborg/alien/clone/zombie?
[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #65 on: March 28, 2011, 09:07:49 PM »
[spoiler]
Wasn't it all the bullet impacts pushing her forward? Also, Howling Rifle hell yeah![/spoiler]
[spoiler]The WeissSaber was perfectly still in the previous shot.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]BTW, is there any confirmation that Guilliam is an actual human and not some super cyborg/alien/clone/zombie?[/spoiler]
[spoiler]See, that's what I would have assumed until Vindel also left his mech without a helmet. OGG and Z imply that Gilliam is a "Sphere Holder".
[/spoiler]
My work
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

oslecamo

• Grape ape
« Reply #66 on: March 28, 2011, 09:20:35 PM »
[spoiler]
Wasn't it all the bullet impacts pushing her forward? Also, Howling Rifle hell yeah![/spoiler]
[spoiler]The WeissSaber was perfectly still in the previous shot.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]
Considering the stuff blowing up inside the mecha, there was no lack of secondary explosions for propulsion I believe.

Also that seemed to be a regular Ashsaber to me. Specially because the Shaddow Mirrors never got to AshSaber mass production in the anime, thus doesn't make much sense they would be able to deploy stronger models.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler]BTW, is there any confirmation that Guilliam is an actual human and not some super cyborg/alien/clone/zombie?[/spoiler]
[spoiler]See, that's what I would have assumed until Vindel also left his mech without a helmet. OGG and Z imply that Gilliam is a "Sphere Holder".
[/spoiler]
[spoiler]
Well who says Vindel is an human? Lemon was a zombie robot and nobody noticed anything untill she said so. It's quite possible the Shaddow Mirrors leader took the same process to try to make himself immortal/stronger, being all war-obsessed and stuff.

Still doesn't explain them talking in space, but considering we can hear mechas explosions and tiger roars, they talking in vacuum is perfectly expected.
[/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #67 on: March 30, 2011, 03:05:44 AM »
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: March 31, 2011, 12:22:32 PM »
Kaname Madoka is a magical girl who wears a red and white dress with yellow accents and ties her hair into short twintails with ribbon. Her friend Mami has blonde hair styled into drill curls and always seems to get the worst of it when there's trouble. Meanwhile dark-haired Homura has a knack for zipping away from danger with no problem at all. Sayaka has short blue hair, a matching blue dress with white trim, and a sort of ill-advised gung ho in the face of strong enemies. Her best friend Hitomi has green hair but always seems to be a supporting character. Rounding out the cast is Kyouko, who means well but sometimes resorts to violence when it might not be necessary. Perhaps she's a little bipolar.

[spoiler][/spoiler]
"You'll still be living in caves."
"Hell I don't mind that."
[spoiler][/spoiler]
befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #69 on: April 01, 2011, 02:23:40 AM »
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #70 on: April 03, 2011, 08:45:47 PM »
Negima
[spoiler]Students are so easy to trick aren't they...

And also. EVA-CHAN! <3[/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #71 on: April 03, 2011, 08:56:34 PM »
The Inspector 26 (final episode)
[spoiler]Geez, the cameos. In order:
The Cry Wolves squad (OGG)
Giado and Garnet
Touma (Alpha 3)
"Fighter Roa" Kouta, his sis and Compatible Kaiser! (OGG) It couldn't not show up in this.

That's right, a certain captain never turned evil, did he?

No OP this time.

ROCKS begins to play.
"I'm borrowing this, Vindel." Wow, sure is convenient that XXXgain units are so compatible.

An actual transformation sequence for RyuKoOh? Nice, even if I'm not sure it's physically possible.

Did they just use a Banpreios-grade HTB Cannon?

They kill the Neue Regisseur and Beowulf shows up? :o
Apparently he's just a mass of tentacles from the waist down, and has a Revolving Stake on his arm. And is possibly Jetzt Regisseur.
Send in the clones! Grungust, SRX, Cybuster and... your guess is as good as mine on the one with hair.

The Nacht turns into a white... thing (Jetzt?) with big back thrusters. And Beowulf no longer looks like Kyosuke by this point.

Oh, so now you need a helmet to use it.

Beowulf is going out of his way to make the old Einst leader seem like a swell guy. He made Alfimi cry!

"Full Impact Cannon, Dead End Shoot" with three generators? Sure, why not. Let's throw in every other attack while we're at it.

Did... Beowulf just summon red and blue oni?

Don't you hate it when that happens, Kyosuke?

What's up with Kusuha's outfit in the ending?

Excellen, did you rip off Lamia's "if I ever become a doll" thing?
[/spoiler]
My work

Cubey

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #72 on: April 03, 2011, 09:14:22 PM »
Negima thoughts
[spoiler]I see Akamatsu returns with two of his favorite elements: minor characters making cameo appearances, and stripping.

And yeah, Mahora students must be the most gullible group of people on the planet. I suspect something is added to their cafeteria meals. Or alternatively it's because of the tree and its influence - but serious explanations are never fun.[/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #73 on: April 04, 2011, 02:19:35 AM »
Negima thoughts
[spoiler]I see Akamatsu returns with two of his favorite elements: minor characters making cameo appearances, and stripping.

And yeah, Mahora students must be the most gullible group of people on the planet. I suspect something is added to their cafeteria meals. Or alternatively it's because of the tree and its influence - but serious explanations are never fun.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]It helps when a quarter of the students are in on the masquerade anyway. And as we've seen, their regular activities are much along these lines anyway.

...we're gonna see the Mahora students outgun three armies aren't we?[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 02:24:28 AM by veekie »
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #74 on: April 04, 2011, 02:33:25 AM »
Negima thoughts

[spoiler]It helps when a quarter of the students are in on the masquerade anyway. And as we've seen, their regular activities are much along these lines anyway.

...we're gonna see the Mahora students outgun three armies aren't we?[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Then again, students being students, kids being kids, its natural to want to turn everything into an excuse for fun.[/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #75 on: April 04, 2011, 05:03:47 AM »
Negima
[spoiler]Lolfudonshi.

Also, Commentator Guy is one serious badass. Notice how he's fighting without a gun or a protective robe even after those were given out.[/spoiler]
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
« Reply #76 on: April 04, 2011, 05:45:28 AM »
Negima
[spoiler]Lolfudonshi.

Also, Commentator Guy is one serious badass. Notice how he's fighting without a gun or a protective robe even after those were given out.[/spoiler]

[spoiler][/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #77 on: April 04, 2011, 08:20:46 AM »
Negima
[spoiler]Lolfudonshi.

If you read the kanji, the bullets are Raw Manly Spirit.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #78 on: April 04, 2011, 09:32:01 AM »
Negima
[spoiler]Lolfudonshi.

If you read the kanji, the bullets are Raw Manly Spirit.

He weaponized GAR
[spoiler][/spoiler]

oslecamo

• Grape ape
« Reply #79 on: April 04, 2011, 08:07:58 PM »
The Inspector 26 (final episode)
[spoiler]

An actual transformation sequence for RyuKoOh? Nice, even if I'm not sure it's physically possible.
There already had been one in a previous episode...

Did they just use a Banpreios-grade HTB Cannon?
Dunno, I was kinda blinded by the tornado blade throwing the Regisseur into a pile of clouds IN SPACE!

They kill the Neue Regisseur and Beowulf shows up? :o
Told you so! :p

Apparently he's just a mass of tentacles from the waist down, and has a Revolving Stake on his arm. And is possibly Jetzt Regisseur.
Send in the clones! Grungust, SRX, Cybuster and... your guess is as good as mine on the one with hair.
The fists made me think it was a Soulgain evil clone.

Oh, so now you need a helmet to use it.
What I would like to know is where the hell the power rangers helmet went. :mad

Beowulf is going out of his way to make the old Einst leader seem like a swell guy. He made Alfimi cry!
He also one-shoted her with his freaking sidearm!

"Full Impact Cannon, Dead End Shoot" with three generators? Sure, why not. Let's throw in every other attack while we're at it.
They kinda did. First time we saw the giganscudo anchor thingies.

Did... Beowulf just summon red and blue oni?
CHEN-I mean, are we seeing anime being inspired by Touhou instead of the other way around? :o

Don't you hate it when that happens, Kyosuke?
He's kinda used to it. But I believe Axel hated even more being literally dismembered.

What's up with Kusuha's outfit in the ending?
Eeerrr, chinese fanservice?

Excellen, did you rip off Lamia's "if I ever become a doll" thing?
But she does says that on the game!

Overall, very good ending episode, but would've been better if they had split it between two as everything felt kinda rushed. Was expecting Beowulf. Was not expecting clones or white transformation (as einsts are usually all multi-color). And WTF hapened with the white green star?
[/spoiler]