Author Topic: Anime & Manga 3  (Read 164191 times)

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
Re: Anime & Manga 3
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2011, 05:16:05 PM »
The Inspector 22, "It is by Knowing the Time to Fall"
[spoiler]Flashback to the School. Has Latooni's uniform ever been depicted before now?

Dragon Knuckle? Except that it's called RyuOh Kiken(?)

Sanger defeats Wodan. Aguilla shows up in a Sol Gravilion. Wodan pulls Sophia out of Magus, causing the Thrudgelmir to disintegrate and the Gravilion to mutate into a monster. Ouka uses the GEIM system to ram the Rapiecage into it and self-destruct. After that they flee the Cradle. No Bergelmirs, no "I am Sanger Zonbolt, the Sword of Sophia!" (Sanger actually says that devoting yourself to one person is foolish!), and Sword of the Cosmos was just "Wodan briefly turns his sword into energy while fighting Sanger".

Next ep, the Alt reises again.
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 07:28:20 PM by Prime32 »
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Cubey

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2011, 06:02:50 PM »
Inspector
[spoiler]What, you mean the Bergelmir kids were left on the cutting floor?

Good. Can't stand the little shit heads.[/spoiler]

oslecamo

• Grape ape
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2011, 10:56:53 PM »
Madoka 9
[spoiler]
Wait, intergalactic organizations? Solving the problem of entropy with human feelings? Somebody shoot the creepy familiar again please.

Also, WTF to soul gem self-destruct? Was there any real need for that? Spear girl was a pro, Sayaka a foolish idiot, so her witch form couldn't be that powerfull.

It will be interesting to see where the next episode will go, because I see three main routes:
-Main character becomes a magic girl, tries to overcome curse and truly fight for love and justice.
-Main character becomes a magic girl, rebel against the intergalactic organization!
-Main character doesn't become a magic girl. Let the city burn!Intronduce more magic girl cannon fodder.

[/spoiler]

So, Madoka 9...

Huh.

[spoiler]Its still a fucking scam. They are trying to appeal to human children as if they are young dragons, with equivalent Int and Wis to boot. And seriously what the fuck? Just find Simon and the Dai Gurren Dan and they will destroy entropy without being Puella Magi![/spoiler]

[spoiler]
Unfortenely, it will still be some thousands of years before spiral energy tech is developed enough to harvest power from HOTBLOODNESS and Simon and the Dai Gurren appear to take advantage of it.

Yes, all those giant robots throwing galaxies? Countless magic girls had to be sacrificed to develop them.  :P

And even then the process wasn't perfected. Nia still blew up when all was said and done, Simon and Dai Gurren notwhitstanding.
[/spoiler]

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2011, 11:18:59 PM »
[spoiler]
Unfortenely, it will still be some thousands of years before spiral energy tech is developed enough to harvest power from HOTBLOODNESS and Simon and the Dai Gurren appear to take advantage of it.

Yes, all those giant robots throwing galaxies? Countless magic girls had to be sacrificed to develop them.  :P

And even then the process wasn't perfected. Nia still blew up when all was said and done, Simon and Dai Gurren notwhitstanding.
[/spoiler]

Great. You've now convinced me that Gurren Lagan is made of people. Now I'll never be able to watch TTGL.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

oslecamo

• Grape ape
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2011, 08:37:39 AM »
Inspector
[spoiler]What, you mean the Bergelmir kids were left on the cutting floor?

Good. Can't stand the little shit heads.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]
Unfortenely, I believe that means they'll just show up later in some last-ditch effort to take over the world in some later episode.

Wodan deserved a better end. Like cleaving trough an army of shit heads with his dying breath.

Gotta love Arado asking  Setme if he's hurt when he's bleeding from multiple holes.

Speaking of wich, seems like he died in the background whitout redeeming speech.

[/spoiler]

mishra

• Monkey bussiness
  • Phyrexian Artificer
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2011, 07:51:40 PM »
 Madoka 10 - whoa :blink go watch it...
.:picture spoilers within:.
[spoiler]Pictures are worth a thousand words, so let's cut to the chase.

Homura?

It begins with Homura introducing herself to the class, and Madoka is quick to make friends with her. I've got to say, Madoka's voice sounded different, and I'm guessing it was because she was confident and happy.

Later, when walking home

Later...

and right after..

She's off to fight Wallpur-something

But it doesn't work out

Then there's a scene where her shield takes her back in time. I'll post the gif near the end.

This time, she tries to put up a fight. Also, she makes pipebombs.

This fight was awesome, everyone in the fight kicked ass (Mami, Madoka, and Homura as the finisher)
You gotta watch it, screenshots doesn't cut it.

Not bad for her first time.

Sadly, Homura can't help Madoka the second time around, and it actually gets worse.

Hello Witch-Madoka

3rd time's the charm.
This time, she steals from the Yakuza

There's a scene not in this picture, but it has all the characters discussing something. I'm assuming Homura is trying to convince them to stop fighting, but Homura gets veto-ed of sorts with Mami and Sayaka, I'm guess ing that they thought they could handle it.

A fight happens next, this time vs. Witch-Sayaka, and Homura saves Madoka and regrettibly kills Sayaka

The aftermath of the battle

Some people are felling sad.

Except Mami, who just saw Sayaka become a Witch, so she really snaps.

Shit gets real. I would post pictures, but thee person who made this albm didn't capture them I'm guessing.

Later, it's Homura and Madoka, and it looks like she couldn't save Madoka for the third time.

Her soul gem is severely tainted, and Madoka asks Homura one last thing
[spoiler]To kill her before its too late.

It's hard to see, but she's in the center, and in the third image you see the light blast from her gun.
She was crying and screaming the whole time. :(

[/spoiler]

4th time
No more glasses thanks to magic.

Hair's changed as well

Evan a new attitude. No more miss nice magical girl

A abrupt warning in the middle of the night..

...with Kubey in her hands

Now.. this is a familiar sight, the opening of Episode 1

Afterwards. Kyubey to the left, Homura to the right

A lot of talking, and Kyubey figures Homura out

Too late, Homura time travels while walking like a bad ass

Now.. welcome to the current timeline, number 5 (actually, 5+, who knows how many times Homura time traveled)
Homura now knows what she has to do, KILL THE KUBUEY.

A quick chase, and then..

She has a great line here.
"Madoka, my only friend. For your sake, I will stay in this eternal labyrinth and seek only one exit"

And it's over. Roll the ED- wait, it's the OP...

Yeah, the OP is the ED this episode because it was skipped. Also..

To Be Continued.

Wow, that was an awesome episode. Seeing Madoka as a magical girl, seeing everyone alive (at some points), more witch fights, Homura's character advancement in this episode, and a happy Madoka. Also a badass Homura.
Some .gifs

From the fight earlier.

Great episode, and I can only assume that it will get better. :)[/spoiler]

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2011, 03:43:10 AM »
Madoka 10

[spoiler]Yeah..Madoka can be badass when she wants to. GO ARCHERKA! Oh and Time Commando Homura :D[/spoiler]
"You'll still be living in caves."
"Hell I don't mind that."
[spoiler][/spoiler]
befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2011, 10:46:51 AM »
Madoka 10
[spoiler]I see one way remaining to stop Madoka from becoming a witch...

Kill her.

[spoiler]Or have her wish not to turn into a witch (or change back immediately, so Kyubey still gets the energy he needs), though that would ruin the drama.  :p[/spoiler][/spoiler]

EDIT: The invasion continues
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUJgOIechPQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYWEACofwm4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RzXGI5kMZ8
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 12:23:41 PM by Prime32 »
My work
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2011, 01:30:02 PM »
Madoka 10
[spoiler]We now have probably the best or at least most obvious example of a PM's powers being influenced by her wish - Homura wished to redo her meeting with Madoka, which can't really be done in any way other than by time travel. Apparently, Cubey (switching to this spelling now to match the full name, official romanizations be damned) really can make anything come true, and he either has no control over what he grants or he's so lawful he doesn't care. I sure wouldn't have given a girl that knows the big truth time travel. Then again, he is alien, so perhaps he merely doesn't understand that Homura might want to change the way things go.

That said...

Let's see.

As every link in this sum is divisible by p (because it contains p itself through the binomial), it follows that the entire sum is divisible by p. Since this sum is equivalent to as per my derivation, is therefore itself also divisible by p, QED. I'm not sure offhand offhand, but I think p may be restricted to primes in the instruction because it's somehow required for the binomials to be all divisible by p. I'd need to check, but that's more effort than I want to put in right now.
It's not hard, Homura. She was probably nervous. She apparently got the hang of it by the series's start, though.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 01:38:00 PM by Agita »
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

oslecamo

• Grape ape
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2011, 04:41:57 PM »
I must say I TOTALLY called this episode.

[spoiler]
Homura didn't bother telling anyone about the truth because she already had done so, and it really didn't work that well.

This is, the gun girl completely snapped when she realized the truth. Very bad end.

I see one way remaining to stop Madoka from becoming a witch...

Kill her.
Homura has been there, done that. Wasn't exactly satisfying. The only possible good end for her is to save Madoka. And considering she can save-load scum ad nauseam, it makes sense for her to keep trying every possible aproach.

Or have her wish not to turn into a witch (or change back immediately, so Kyubey still gets the energy he needs), though that would ruin the drama.  :p
Kyubey confirmed on another episode he can't reverse the Puella Magi transformation. So he probably can't reverse the witch transformation.

Following Agita's train of tought, the creepy alien bastard can't really control the transformation. It can unlock the power of feelings on little girls, upon wich it manifests in diferent ways depending on their personality, and then eventuall spirals out of control. I bet its the Magical Girl herself granting her own wish when the transformation happens.

Homura holding so long is whitout doubt thanks to her hax time travel power. While the other girls eventually faced walls of despair/headchomped, Homura can just press reset and start a New Game Plus. Heck, she even gets to keep her old skills and experience! :p

[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2011, 08:39:58 PM »
[spoiler]
Or have her wish not to turn into a witch (or change back immediately, so Kyubey still gets the energy he needs), though that would ruin the drama.  :p
Kyubey confirmed on another episode he can't reverse the Puella Magi transformation. So he probably can't reverse the witch transformation.

Following Agita's train of tought, the creepy alien bastard can't really control the transformation. It can unlock the power of feelings on little girls, upon wich it manifests in diferent ways depending on their personality, and then eventuall spirals out of control. I bet its the Magical Girl herself granting her own wish when the transformation happens.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Take a look at these two things you said again. :p Kyubey not being able to reverse the transformation doesn't mean that wishes can't reverse the transformation. Even if he thought of it, Kyubey would have no reason to suggest making that kind of wish.[/spoiler]
My work

oslecamo

• Grape ape
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2011, 05:22:52 PM »
[spoiler]

Following Agita's train of tought, the creepy alien bastard can't really control the transformation. It can unlock the power of feelings on little girls, upon wich it manifests in diferent ways depending on their personality, and then eventuall spirals out of control. I bet its the Magical Girl herself granting her own wish when the transformation happens.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Take a look at these two things you said again. :p Kyubey not being able to reverse the transformation doesn't mean that wishes can't reverse the transformation. Even if he thought of it, Kyubey would have no reason to suggest making that kind of wish.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]
Perhaps I should elaborate a little more:
-Kyubey confirms that Madoka couldn't revert Sayaka to normal with just a wish, but she could do so with her own puella magi powers if she made the contract.
-Aka, the finitial wish is just the first flash of the power of the Puella Magi. Once they get the hang of it, they can perform even bigger miracles.
-This rises the problem however that the Walpurgis Night is still around the corner, and the only one who can defeat it is ascended Madoka. And by "ascended" I mean...

The giant thing in the background piercing the heavens that forgot she ever was an human and will destroy the world.

Basically, Madoka is on a completely diferent level than the other girls. Only she could reverse their transformation because she's stronger than all of them put togheter... But who can turn her back to normal should she acept the contract and go out of control after defeating the Walpurgis Night?

[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2011, 11:01:41 AM »
So, Gundam Unicorn 3 is subbed...
My work

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2011, 12:40:50 AM »
New Negima
[spoiler]Shirabe got Asuna to the altar, but now the Gravekeeper's Palace is being projected over Mahora.

Maybe Chao's plan really did succeed? It just took longer because the spell was setting up the perfect evidence.[/spoiler]

[spoiler][/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2011, 02:20:28 AM »
Negima
[spoiler]
Poor Anya, one scene of awesome and then shes naked in 2 pages

Also, thats a nice theory, if it was all part of Just As Planned by Chao.
[/spoiler]
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2011, 10:26:10 AM »
A Miyu Is Fine Too - Prisma Illya 14

[spoiler]Its definitely not Lancer, Berserker or Assassin.

Saber would be suicide.
Archer is redundant(and proven ineffective).
So...Caster or Rider?[/spoiler]
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2011, 10:39:10 AM »
Prisma Ilya
[spoiler]"Miyu's Rage! Who could be the seiyuu for someone like her?"

...what?

There's something about a CD - seems to be related to the Nanoha crossover. Is it being animated or something?[/spoiler]
My work

oslecamo

• Grape ape
« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2011, 10:09:54 PM »
A Miyu Is Fine Too - Prisma Illya 14

[spoiler]Its definitely not Lancer, Berserker or Assassin.

Saber would be suicide.
Archer is redundant(and proven ineffective).
So...Caster or Rider?[/spoiler]

[spoiler]
My vote goes for Rider. We haven't seen her  loli-version noble phantasm yet correct?

Also wasn't punch-girl the original master from Lancer in Fate/Stay Night? Before being gibbed by warlock/knife priest?

[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2011, 10:23:47 PM »
[spoiler]
My vote goes for Rider. We haven't seen her  loli-version noble phantasm yet correct?

Also wasn't punch-girl the original master from Lancer in Fate/Stay Night? Before being gibbed by warlock/knife priest?

[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Yes. She shows up in Hollow Ataraxia. And is about as powerful as she is here.

The reason why Ruby tells Illya not to pull out a trump card: (HA spoilers)
[spoiler]Bazett has a Noble Phantasm which can only be used as a counter against her opponent's strongest move. It automatically negates the attack and kills her opponent.
http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Fragarach[/spoiler][/spoiler]
My work

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2011, 03:00:28 AM »
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Yes. She shows up in Hollow Ataraxia. And is about as powerful as she is here.

The reason why Ruby tells Illya not to pull out a trump card: (HA spoilers)
[spoiler]Bazett has a Noble Phantasm which can only be used as a counter against her opponent's strongest move. It automatically negates the attack and kills her opponent.
http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Fragarach[/spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler]
Given that we know the girls will be fine, THATS why I thought not Rider.
Rider's strength is in her Noble Phantasm and the Answerer would off Miyu.
Whereas Caster would have her danmaku spells and arguably Rule Breaker can break Fragarach's rules.

On the other hand loli-Rider mmmm.
[/spoiler]
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]