Author Topic: Anime & Manga 3  (Read 164235 times)

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
Anime & Manga 3
« on: February 28, 2011, 02:54:20 AM »
Restarting because the old one reached 51 pages again.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
Re: Anime & Manga 3
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 03:04:07 AM »
And exactly 1000 posts.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2011, 05:39:50 AM »
Aw, come on. If we self-police, we'll never beat the original Ask a Simple Question thread in post count. :P
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2011, 07:59:39 AM »
Reposting for the win with a few extra sentences.

Negima
[spoiler][BL] As Negi stands face to face with Fate, the close proximity enables both parties to feel their breath on each other's faces. The trembling of their gaze at this distance is readily apparent, as are the bulging veins on each other's smooth necks.

"I want this to be decided by talk, if possible." Negi breaks the silence first. Fate's eyes widen in eagerness, masked by a stern visage.
"...I don't think you really mean that." Fate responds as both parties move their faces even closer to each other. So close...and thankfully the bruises they have suffered thus far masked each other's blushes.

Unable to hold back any longer, the impatient urges welling up in Fate's heart prompts him to launch a powerful punch right at Negi's face.

Fortunately, Negi is unhurt and the cheeky boy genius smiles as he gently places his fist on Fate's abdomen, letting his internal strength and energy, boosted by his magic, impart his feelings right into Fate.

"Now I see." Fate smiles right before Negi's fist thrusts into Fate's body. "Heh" is the only smiling reply from the son of Nagi before Fate is blasted back by the sheer force generated from Negi's fist. Penetrating his defenses to deliver the payload.

Grinning from the blow, Fate smiles as he praises Negi. "Heh...he heh...Didn't I say in Kyoto, that it would be impossible for you then?" Looking up to meet Negi's gaze, Fate continues. "...you've finally come all the way here."

"In Ostia didn't you say...that I was just a child who didn't know anything?" Negi responds with his fist in a battle-ready position. "I've come with an answer in hand - My own answer, as someone who knows everything."

Fate closes his eyes as he rubs his abdomen, the spot where Negi drove his power into, feeling the residual force lingering in that spot. "I won't accept that answer."

"Right....so," Negi retorts, clenching his fingers to form a fist of determination, "What I'm saying is, I'll let you understand with my fists. Fate."

Still blushing, Fate's only response to those words and that facial expression filled with manliness and strength, is "Hmph..."

Locking eyes and gazes, feeling the upwelling of desire and power Fate takes a deep breath again to prepare himself. It looks like this is it.

"...Well. Shall we? Negi-kun."

And in response, the two intense rivals of unparalleled strength and power runs towards each other at blazing speeds. Locking limbs as they drive their fists into each other's body![/BL][/spoiler]
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 08:50:56 AM by Nick »
"You'll still be living in caves."
"Hell I don't mind that."
[spoiler][/spoiler]
befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2011, 10:50:04 AM »
DA HORRA!!

Seriously, EW.
Gendou Ikari is basically Gregory House in Kaminashades. This is FACT.

For proof, look here:

http://www.layoutjelly.com/image_27/gendo_ikari/

[SPOILER]
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Katana of Enlightenment.
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

I HAVE BROKEN THE 69 INTERNETS BARRIER!

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2011, 01:21:00 PM »
It's funny though.
And you can bet rule 34 is already on it.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2011, 12:10:30 AM »
It's funny though.
And you can bet rule 34 is already on it.

You mean they weren't already?

That pairing happened as soon as we found out he existed.

And to be honest, I rather dislike the pairing. Not for the Yaoi aspect, but because I dislike Tertium entirely.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Cubey

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2011, 10:08:48 AM »
Aww, come on. Everyone knows any character voiced by Akira Ishida automatically becomes a total yaoi magnet. This should surprise no one.

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2011, 10:17:16 AM »
I just wish with GetBackers they'd gone the manga approach rather than the doujin approach.

For reference: the GetBackers manga has more fanservice than Highschool of the Dead. But no zombies.
Gendou Ikari is basically Gregory House in Kaminashades. This is FACT.

For proof, look here:

http://www.layoutjelly.com/image_27/gendo_ikari/

[SPOILER]
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Katana of Enlightenment.
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

I HAVE BROKEN THE 69 INTERNETS BARRIER!

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2011, 12:09:23 AM »
So, Madoka 9...

Huh.
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2011, 09:02:07 AM »
So, Madoka 9...

Huh.

[spoiler]Its still a fucking scam. They are trying to appeal to human children as if they are young dragons, with equivalent Int and Wis to boot. And seriously what the fuck? Just find Simon and the Dai Gurren Dan and they will destroy entropy without being Puella Magi![/spoiler]
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 09:06:52 AM by Nick »
"You'll still be living in caves."
"Hell I don't mind that."
[spoiler][/spoiler]
befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2011, 05:14:10 PM »
Large image
[spoiler][/spoiler]
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 07:58:03 PM by Prime32 »
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2011, 06:07:58 PM »
Heh, nice Prime.

Some constructive criticism: You really should try shading things in. It adds to the feeling of whatever you want to draw.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2011, 11:18:38 AM »
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Cubey

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2011, 04:39:21 PM »
Is it me, or is Negima slowly returning to the point where actual tactics and quick thinking win the fight, rather than your standard boring Shonen "more determination! more power!" bullshit?

[spoiler]Fate: Infinite Sword Wo...
Negi: TALK TO THE FIST!

Also, Anya did something useful for a change? Watch me, I may get a heart attack from shock![/spoiler]

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2011, 04:54:44 PM »
Negima
[spoiler]KICK HIS ASS NEGI!
Is it me, or is Negima slowly returning to the point where actual tactics and quick thinking win the fight, rather than your standard boring Shonen "more determination! more power!" bullshit?

Also, Anya did something useful for a change? Watch me, I may get a heart attack from shock![/spoiler]

I just hope they show Mana and Setsuna actually fighting instead of resolving their parts off-screen like Bleach does.

But that's me getting my hopes up. There's 4 lines all ready (Mana\/Pyon, Setsuna\/Tsykuyomi, Negi\/Tertium, and Anya/Nodoka/Yue\/Shirabe). Can't expect Akamatsu to resolve all of those on-screen.[/spoiler]

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Cubey

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2011, 05:06:40 PM »
[spoiler]I expect the fights to get spotlight once they reach the turning point. There is only so much of Setsuna bleeding and Tsukuyomi getting excited we can see before it gets boring, so Akamatsu can safely offscreen most of that and give us focus once Setsuna focuses her Wholesome Lesbian Power(TM) and starts kicking ass or something. Likewise for Mana vs Poyo, but actually I kinda expect Mana to be a total curbstomper here. Because she's awesome like that.[/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2011, 08:00:30 PM »

[spoiler]
I'm thinking Fire beats Wood, except the party HAD no fire user of that tier(well, barring the heavy hitters who'd crush you, element advantage or no) until Anya comes back in. Shes bound to have improved some if she wants to stay with the combat harem.

That is a lot of swords though.
And mostly, the tactics thing is fairly simple, for the first time in a long while Negi is not fighting a mook, relative to his power level. Duels between equals go like so.

As for the secondary fights, I'm hoping a chapter each.
[/spoiler]
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2011, 06:42:18 AM »
Negima
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]
Reading it without pics AND with the full spell translations in line is rather different.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]