Author Topic: Encounter 11 v2  (Read 10998 times)

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
Re: Encounter 11 v2
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2011, 09:44:07 AM »
Okay, those last actions of orc 5 and Serias technically happened last turn.  Now, back onto this round (sorry again!).

Orc 5 shoots at Thorden -> d20 + 6 = 10, and misses.

Serias!  You're up!
My balancing 3.5 compendium
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
Quote from: Cafiend
It is a shame stupidity isn't painful.
Quote from: StormKnight
Totally true.  Historians believe that most past civilizations would have endured for centuries longer if they had successfully determined Batman's alignment.
Quote from: Grand Theft Otto
Why are so many posts on the board the equivalent of " Dear Dr. Crotch, I keep punching myself in the crotch, and my groin hurts... what should I do? How can I make my groin stop hurting?"
Quote from: CryoSilver
I suggest carving "Don't be a dick" into him with a knife.  A dull, rusty knife.  A dull, rusty, bent, flaming knife.
Quote from: Seerow
Fluffy: It's over Steve! I've got the high ground!
Steve: You underestimate my power!
Fluffy: Don't try it, Steve!
Steve: *charges*
Fluffy: *three critical strikes*
Steve: ****
Quote from: claypigeons
I don't even stat out commoners. Commoner = corpse that just isn't a zombie. Yet.
When I think "Old Testament Boots of Peace" I think of a paladin curb-stomping an orc and screaming "Your death brings peace to this land!"
Quote from: Orville_Oaksong
Buy a small country. Or Pelor. Both are good investments.
[/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2011, 01:56:58 PM »
Activate boots again for another +10ft to speed, Double Move to U20(which is less than my boosted move speed's maximum) and Hide(at -5 due to above speed boost) behind the tree, using the fog as my inital concealment and the tree as the ending.

Hide with movement penalty. (1d20+8-5=8)
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2011, 04:18:22 PM »
Orc 3 shoots at Grizz twice -> d20 + 4 - 4 = 6, and misses;  d20 + 4 - 4 = 20 (confirm -> d20 + 4 - 4 = 20), and critically hits for -> 3d8 + 12 = 21 damage! (yikes!)

Orc 4 shoots at Grizz -> d20 + 4 - 4 = 8, and misses;  d20 + 4 - 4 = 8, and misses.

Orc 1 moves to C 12 and shoots at Grizz -> d20 + 6 - 4 = 6, and misses.

Orc 8 shoots at Thorden -> d20 + 6 = 16, and misses.

Grizz!  You're up!
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
Totally true.  Historians believe that most past civilizations would have endured for centuries longer if they had successfully determined Batman's alignment.
Why are so many posts on the board the equivalent of " Dear Dr. Crotch, I keep punching myself in the crotch, and my groin hurts... what should I do? How can I make my groin stop hurting?"
I suggest carving "Don't be a dick" into him with a knife.  A dull, rusty knife.  A dull, rusty, bent, flaming knife.
I don't even stat out commoners. Commoner = corpse that just isn't a zombie. Yet.
When I think "Old Testament Boots of Peace" I think of a paladin curb-stomping an orc and screaming "Your death brings peace to this land!"
[/spoiler]

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2011, 02:22:21 AM »
Grizz goes all-out, and double-moves to C13. His only other action is to switch to Martial Spirit stance.

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2011, 10:07:40 AM »
Orc 6 shoots attempts to spot Serias -> d20 = 12, and he sees him.  He shoots at serias -> d20 + 6 - 4 = 17, and misses.

Orc 7 shoots at Thorden -> d20 + 6 = 7, and totally misses.  He drops his bow and pulls out his glaive.

Round 5!

Modified Initiative:
[spoiler]Thorden (24)
Aepa (23)
Orc 2 (22)
Ixen (18)
Orc 5 (17)
Serias (16)
Orc 3 (12)
Orc 4 (12)
Orc 1 (10)
Orc 8 (10)
Grizz (6)
Orc 6 (5)
Orc 7 (5)[/spoiler]

Map
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Thorden!  You're up!
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2011, 10:49:17 PM »
Standard, casts Earthen Grasp, making the hand at II18 (I would like it to target the Glaive-orc, but I am not clear on whether I choose, or if it is random).

Move to II25.

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2011, 09:49:14 AM »
I don't have the text handy, so I'm not sure.  How's it work off-hand?  Grapple check against the opponent?  What are the modifiers?
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2011, 07:59:11 PM »
Sorry about the wait.  Yes, you can choose the target.  The hand has a BAB +4, a Str of 16, 12 HP, and AC of 15 and a hardness of 4.

The hand attempts to grab the orc -> d20 + 7 = 19, and attempts to grapple -> d20 + 7 = 9.  The orc attempts to resist -> d20 + 6 = 14.  The orc remains free.

Aepa!  You're up!
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2011, 12:01:48 PM »
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2011, 09:44:36 AM »
Orc 6 gets hit soundly in the chest.  He's still standing, but he looks worried.

Orc 2 takes a 5-foot step back to D 10 and takes two shots at Grizz -> d20 + 6 - 2 = 17, and misses; d20 + 6 - 2 = 13, and misses.

Ixen!  You're up!
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Sohala

• Hong Kong
  • Hammer Smash Good
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2011, 12:03:49 PM »
Last heal for the day, 2d8=11, yay back up to 23.
"You think I'm talking about breaking the rules?"
"No I'm just trying to figure out how far you want them bent."
[spoiler]
Characters
Ixen-Elemental Mage Test Game
Torgthen-The Darkening
Eldak-The Neverending Dungeon
Games
Dungeon Delver's Delight
Adventures in Eberron
Town of Terror
Working Progress
[3.5] Mana Mage

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2011, 12:43:28 PM »
Orc 5 attempts to Spot Serias -> d20 = 10, and then shoots at him -> d20 + 6 - 4 = 6, and misses.

Serias!  You're up!

(I remembered this time. ;))
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2011, 03:39:06 AM »
Move to Y20, fire a Water Jet at Orc 6 and drop prone.
Water (2d6=6)
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #53 on: March 30, 2011, 09:58:30 AM »
Orc 6 attempts to dodge the jet -> d20 + 2 = 11 and falls unconscious!

Orc 3 shoots twice at Grizz -> d20 + 6 - 2 = 16, and misses; d20 + 6 - 2 = 13 and misses.  He takes a 5-foot step to K 12.

Orc 4 shoots twice at Grizz -> d20 + 6 - 2 = 10, and misses; d20 + 6 - 2 = 14 and misses.

Orc 1 takes a 5-foot step back to C 11, drops his bow, and draws his glaive.  He then attacks Grizz -> d20 + 6 = 20, and hits for -> 1d10 + 6 = 13 damage!

Orc 8 moves to GG 19 and shoots at Thorden -> d20 + 6 = 26 (confirm crit -> 12), and hits for 1d8 + 4 = 11 damage, reduced by DR to 9 damage!

Grizz!  You're up!
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: March 30, 2011, 02:52:05 PM »
Assuming he still stands, Grizz uses Crusader's Strike on Orc 1 then takes a 5-foot step to C12 if it's still standing, or moves around to C9 if Orc 1 falls and uses the same attack against Orc 2, instead using his gauntlet.
1d20(11)+8+1=20
2d4(3,3)+5+1=12 if against Orc 1, or 1d4(3)+3+1=7 if against Orc 2, and either way heal 1d6(5)+2 = 7 +2 for MS stance = 9.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 01:08:03 PM by VennDygrem »

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #55 on: March 30, 2011, 03:13:10 PM »
PS, did anyone remember the Lesser Vigor I plonked down earlier?
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #56 on: March 31, 2011, 09:57:04 AM »
Retrieving an item draws an AoO from Grizz on Orc 1:
Drawing a weapon doesn't provoke though.  Other non-weapon-like items, do, however.  I figured drawing the glaive was fine, and he simply dropped his bow at his feet as a free action.  Am I missing anything else?

Orc 1 goes down from the regular attack (assuming I'm correct and there's no AoO).  Grizz then closes in on orc 2.

Orc 7 moves to II 23 and attacks Thorden with his glaive -> d20 + 6 = 10, and misses.  

Round 6!

Modified Initiative:
[spoiler]Thorden (24)
Aepa (23)
Orc 2 (22)
Ixen (18)
Orc 5 (17)
Serias (16)
Orc 3 (12)
Orc 4 (12)
Orc 1 (10)
Orc 8 (10)
Grizz (6)
Orc 6 (5)
Orc 7 (5)[/spoiler]

Map
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Thorden!  You're up!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 01:33:59 PM by RobbyPants »
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: March 31, 2011, 12:58:46 PM »
[spoiler]Whoops, damn. Guess I missed that when I looked it up.  :(

Just means I'm down more hit points.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 01:08:54 PM by VennDygrem »

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: March 31, 2011, 02:29:23 PM »
HP: 23/35

Take a five-foot step to II-24. Go, go, Stone Impact.
Attack that bizznich! (7)
To-hit: 12
-Damage: 14

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #59 on: March 31, 2011, 05:29:08 PM »
The attack is deflected by the orc's chain armor.

Aepa!  You're up!
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]