Author Topic: Some gestalt help  (Read 2133 times)

Mushroom

• Curious George
    • Email
Some gestalt help
« on: February 25, 2011, 06:42:41 PM »
In an upcoming game we will be playing single classed characters, then gestalt sometime after that(probably around levels 6-8). I want to play something with all the levels of three PrCs(my DM is allowing PrCs on both sides):Frenzied Berserker, Revenant Blade, and Eternal Blade. However, I can't seem to get enough feats to do so and still have a competent character. Can anyone help?

All sources are cool

bearsarebrown

• Organ Grinder
Re: Some gestalt help
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 07:03:51 PM »
Hard classes to qualify for. Take Flaws, devote yourself to an Elder Evil, dip Fighter, Cleric, Monk, Psychic Warrior, Feat Rouge for bonus feats.

Mushroom

• Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 07:11:04 PM »
Hard classes to qualify for. Take Flaws, devote yourself to an Elder Evil, dip Fighter, Cleric, Monk, Psychic Warrior, Feat Rouge for bonus feats.
Can't devote myself to an elder evil(DM has a stick up his ass towards evil), I can maybe take a few flaws. I considered dipping fighter, but I want a halfway competent character.

bearsarebrown

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 07:21:20 PM »
Then how cheesy are you willing to get with feats? Elves can DCFS their proficiencies away for bonus feats. A Soulknife dip grants 3 or 4 feats to DCFS.

Elder Evils, Flaws, Dips, DCFS bonus feats... the only other option is feats from items/spells.

Mushroom

• Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2011, 07:25:00 PM »
The dark shuffle trick won't work with my DM, but thanks for the replies. I guess I'll have to beg him to loosen some of the requirements or something.

Ithamar

• Hong Kong
  • PM me if you're interested in some Arena action!
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2011, 07:53:21 PM »
So how will the gestalt thing actually work?  Will your later levels simply become gestalt (so you'll be Barbarian 10 / Frenzied Berserker 10 || Revenant Blade 10)?  Or at around level 8 will you simply completely rebuild your character from the ground up?
Are you worthy of Ascension?
Always accepting gladiators!  Now with a new and improved rule set!

X-Codes

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2011, 08:19:29 PM »
I feel compelled to mention that while Frenzied Berserker and Eternal Blade are both, individually, good classes, they really don't mesh all that well in Gestalt.  You'll be lacking both Reflex and Will saves and have really lousy skill selection.  Plus, the requirement of Int added to an FB is just silly, since you already need Strength, Constitution, and even a decent Wisdom in order to get your +18 Will save modifier (an absolute necessity when it comes to playing FB's).

If you want to go Eternal Blade on one side, consider adding Wizard/Swiftblade on the other.  If your first gestalt level is at 6, then something like...

Warblade 5 -> Warblade 3/Ronin 2/Eternal Blade 10 || Wizard 5/Swiftblade 10

On the other hand, if Frenzied Berserker is more your thing, then where you go with it depends on what, exactly, you're looking to do.

Mushroom

• Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2011, 11:35:42 PM »
Or at around level 8 will you simply completely rebuild your character from the ground up?
More or less

I feel compelled to mention that while Frenzied Berserker and Eternal Blade are both, individually, good classes, they really don't mesh all that well in Gestalt.
2 rounds for full attacking with x8 on twf power attacks sounds great

You'll be lacking both Reflex and Will saves and have really lousy skill selection.  Plus, the requirement of Int added to an FB is just silly, since you already need Strength, Constitution, and even a decent Wisdom in order to get your +18 Will save modifier (an absolute necessity when it comes to playing FB's).

I can dump wisdom in favor of steadfast determination

Thanks for the replies
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 12:32:31 AM by Mushroom »

X-Codes

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2011, 01:04:05 AM »
I feel compelled to mention that while Frenzied Berserker and Eternal Blade are both, individually, good classes, they really don't mesh all that well in Gestalt.
2 rounds for full attacking with x8 on twf power attacks sounds great
You'll never get that attack off with your current saving throw situation.

You'll be lacking both Reflex and Will saves and have really lousy skill selection.  Plus, the requirement of Int added to an FB is just silly, since you already need Strength, Constitution, and even a decent Wisdom in order to get your +18 Will save modifier (an absolute necessity when it comes to playing FB's).

I can dump wisdom in favor of steadfast determination
Your build is feat-starved, and you just brought up a feat with an all-but-useless pre-req.  What's more, you still need some levels in classes with good Will save bonuses to actually hit that +18 mark, and even after hitting said +18 mark you're going to need even better Will saves to keep from getting various nasty Mind Control effects thrown on you, and you're going to have a hard time getting them playing an FB/Eternal Blade.  If that all isn't bad enough, you're playing an Elf, which takes a racial hit to Constitution instead of the more common racial bonus.

Mushroom

• Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2011, 01:21:08 AM »
Point taken X-codes, I'll reconsider my build. Thanks for the advice