Author Topic: Dragon Farm  (Read 5467 times)

Sobolev

• Donkey Kong
Dragon Farm
« on: February 25, 2011, 03:12:40 PM »
Okay, so in the "Fun Finds" thread, this spell came up, to give you back whatever spell levels you wanted in exchange for a dragon egg.  From there I just had to find out how to get a lot of dragon eggs.  Here we find that Red Dragons can lay 2-5 up to once a year, and they can lay them after 165 days.  So let's just Rebuke some Red Dragons with the Fire domain and keep a Dragon Farm.  My next problem is going to be how to keep them incubated for a while so they don't die.  I'm sure something can be done with a Portable Hole or something.

If Rebuking Fire creatures works JUST like Rebuking undead, we should be able to snag some items that make us better at it (Rod of Undead Mastery I think is one), and get the Deathbound domain so we can control more dragons.  The base also protects itself since it's populated by Red Dragons under your control.  

Other thoughts?  
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 03:14:55 PM by Sobolev »
Sha'ir Handbook
Binder Handbook

Quote from: Negative Zero on November 04, 2009, 02:16:14 AM
In my humble opinion, CO is haberdashery. Some say we're mad, but we can all agree we're hatters. Yes, we have potential to make very sophisticated hats, very fancy hats, be they dark or light. But the truth is that the color of the hat does not come from the group of us - our community doesn't directly produce hats. We simply give average head circumferences, list current fashion trends, and point out some shiny, obscure baubles to add to the latest hat line.

bearsarebrown

• Organ Grinder
Re: Dragon Farm
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 03:14:09 PM »
Stacking Enveloping Pits is the obvious answer to where to put the farm. Easy to defend, damn hard to escape, and always at your side.

altpersona

• Organ Grinder
  • BG forum Emperor Ad Litem
    • Altpersona.net
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 03:37:57 PM »
genesis for farm

plane trait = hot

time = fast

magic = nil or low

The goal of power is power. - idk
We are not descended from fearful men. - Murrow

The Final Countdown is now stuck in your head.

Anim-manga sux.

CantripN

• Hong Kong
  • Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating
    • Cantrip, Gestalt Gish
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 03:48:49 PM »
If we're using Gensis, you don't need a Farm.
Read, every day, something no one else is reading. Think, every day, something no one else is thinking. Do, every day, something no one else would be silly enough to do. It is bad for the mind to be always part of unanimity.

Sohala

• Hong Kong
  • Hammer Smash Good
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2011, 04:21:02 PM »
Isn't there a substance that can put objects into suspended animation?
"You think I'm talking about breaking the rules?"
"No I'm just trying to figure out how far you want them bent."
[spoiler]
Characters
Ixen-Elemental Mage Test Game
Torgthen-The Darkening
Eldak-The Neverending Dungeon
Games
Dungeon Delver's Delight
Adventures in Eberron
Town of Terror
Working Progress
[3.5] Mana Mage

bearsarebrown

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2011, 04:23:52 PM »
Isn't there a substance that can put objects into suspended animation?
Quintessence.

Sobolev

• Donkey Kong
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2011, 04:37:27 PM »
genesis for farm

plane trait = hot

time = fast

magic = nil or low

That last part makes me wonder how I'm ever going to get there to get eggs or leave with them, however the rest of that is basically what I decided during my nutrition class.

Edit:
If your dragons are constantly getting laid, you might get some ambrosia out of the deal too.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 04:47:41 PM by Sobolev »
Sha'ir Handbook
Binder Handbook

In my humble opinion, CO is haberdashery. Some say we're mad, but we can all agree we're hatters. Yes, we have potential to make very sophisticated hats, very fancy hats, be they dark or light. But the truth is that the color of the hat does not come from the group of us - our community doesn't directly produce hats. We simply give average head circumferences, list current fashion trends, and point out some shiny, obscure baubles to add to the latest hat line.

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2011, 04:56:17 PM »
Putting a race of malevolent supergeniuses who grow more powerful with age in a universe that lets them grow even faster, and then trying to steal their children?  I can't see how that could possibly go wrong.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

Sobolev

• Donkey Kong
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2011, 05:00:32 PM »
Putting a race of malevolent supergeniuses who grow more powerful with age in a universe that lets them grow even faster, and then trying to steal their children?  I can't see how that could possibly go wrong.

I actually thought of this too, doesn't that just add to the awesomeness?

Also, that's why you Rebuke them!
Sha'ir Handbook
Binder Handbook

geniussavant

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2011, 05:11:46 PM »
Probably a minor question, but how do you plan on feeding them? And what do they eat?
[spoiler]
I see that you want to solve problems. Not problems like, "What is beauty?," because that would fall within the purview of your conundrums of 'philosophy'. You want to solve practical problems. F'r instance, how are you gonna stop some big, mean Mother Hubbard from tearing you a structurally superfluous new behind? The answer: Use a gun. And if that don't work? Use more gun.
And if that fails try this

[/spoiler]

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2011, 05:13:25 PM »

And when they grow beyond your HD limit (or have babies)?

Whatever.  Can only end in awesome.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2011, 05:16:02 PM »

Whatever.  Can only end in awesome.
I believe you just answered this without realizing it.
Probably a minor question, but how do you plan on feeding them? And what do they eat?
to answer your second question, Dragonomicon said pretty much whatever the fuck they want. They can metabolize almost anything.
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

Sobolev

• Donkey Kong
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2011, 05:48:57 PM »
Putting a race of malevolent supergeniuses who grow more powerful with age in a universe that lets them grow even faster, and then trying to steal their children?  I can't see how that could possibly go wrong.

Whatever.  Can only end in awesome.

*shrug* Kill the ones who are getting too close?  Either way, I agree with your conclusion that it doesn't matter, because it would be awesome.  Besides, if you have level 9 spells, just cast Miracle, and automatically win the fight.

it's worth noting that they shouldn't grow THAT fast.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 05:51:40 PM by Sobolev »
Sha'ir Handbook
Binder Handbook

altpersona

• Organ Grinder
  • BG forum Emperor Ad Litem
    • Altpersona.net
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2011, 07:05:27 PM »
i dont think limiting magic will hamper your travel and access very much.

your gonna want some immortal baby sitters to keep things kosher, some (ex) mind control would be nice, or just fanatic loyalty i guess would be fine.

i dont see the rapidly aged, super-geniuses as so much of a problem, more of a super army waiting to happen. 

The goal of power is power. - idk
We are not descended from fearful men. - Murrow

The Final Countdown is now stuck in your head.

Anim-manga sux.

Ithamar

• Hong Kong
  • PM me if you're interested in some Arena action!
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2011, 08:24:22 PM »
Sounds like a fantastic hook for a campaign actually.  An insane wizard's personal plans for world domination go awry and now the heroes have to bust into a demi-plane and defeat an endless army of slightly perturbed red dragons. :)
Are you worthy of Ascension?
Always accepting gladiators!  Now with a new and improved rule set!

Sobolev

• Donkey Kong
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2011, 12:13:19 AM »
Sounds like a fantastic hook for a campaign actually.  An insane wizard's personal plans for world domination go awry and now the heroes have to bust into a demi-plane and defeat an endless army of slightly perturbed red dragons. :)

Agreed, this will be incorporated in to a future campaign.
Sha'ir Handbook
Binder Handbook

Rejakor

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2011, 12:35:08 AM »
StP Erudite - cause replacing red dragon eggs with 2pp is fair, honest, and totally balanced.

Sobolev

• Donkey Kong
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2011, 01:08:42 AM »
StP Erudite - cause replacing red dragon eggs with 2pp is fair, honest, and totally balanced.

Since they don't remember spells when they do so, it seems that way.
Sha'ir Handbook
Binder Handbook

Rejakor

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2011, 01:11:13 AM »
Cerebremancer!

But yeah, spell slots, probably not as useful for an erudite.

Endarire

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2011, 07:39:10 PM »
This trick explains where most the dragons in the universe originated.
Hood - My first answer to all your build questions; past, present, and future.

Speaking of which:
Don't even need TO for this.  Any decent Hood build, especially one with Celerity, one-rounds [Azathoth, the most powerful greater deity from d20 Cthulu].
Does it bug anyone else that we've reached the point where characters who can obliterate a greater deity in one round are considered "decent?"