Author Topic: Gain SU and EX abilities of a creature?  (Read 1883 times)

Goodlad

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
Gain SU and EX abilities of a creature?
« on: February 25, 2011, 03:48:28 AM »
Hey people, im just looking for a way to gain the SU and EX abilities of a creature for a few hours and still maintain class abilities.

Basically, we have a massive army fight coming up, we have a bucket load of legion devils and im looking for a way to make the party also dcount as legiion devils for the fight.
I seen the spells in Serpent Kingdoms but the permantnt 2 HD loss is a bit extreme to borrow the ability for a few hours!

Anyone know of another way i could try do this?

Bloody Initiate

• King Kong
    • Email
Re: Gain SU and EX abilities of a creature?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 07:57:43 AM »
Normally you build yourself for something like this.

I believe Master of Many Forms (Complete Adventurer) and Master Transmogrifist (Complete Arcane) can do what you're looking for, but not 100% sure.
I don't employ memes. Mass-produced ammunition, even from reputable manufacturers, tends to malfunction on occasion.

Tenebrous Apostate

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 08:12:53 AM »
with a DM fiat you could use Investure of the Steel Devil for the same effect.. otherwise assume supernatural ability from savage spieces will probably have the same effect for your resident shapechanger
Dead mortals feel no Dread

JohnnyMayHymn

• Bi-Curious George
  • Lord of the Kitchen Sink
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 08:40:26 AM »
a druid 5, planar shepherd 9 can do it as long as he choses a plane that those devils are native to (shavarath, bator etc...)
this will get you EX SU and SP :o of any outsider or elemental native to the chosen plane(within your ws HD limit)

if he had a level of hierophant, he can grant uses of his wildshape to others,

so if you could just find this guy and hire(force, bribe, enthrall etc...) him to give his wildshape uses to the party for the day... you're set

note: you are now able to ws into any other form the planar shepherd, hierophant could wildshape into for that time period... (chosen by the hierophant when he gives the ability)

EDIT: just realized that devil is 3 HD... what level is the party at? ... and are you the DM?
...and what does the party look like, are we talking 7 optimized wizards here? or more like a monk, 2 rogues and a healer?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 08:49:03 AM by JohnnyMayHymn »
My (sometimes offensive) Web Comic Faux Blast
Can you find the Wumpus? (Hint: start with the spoiler....)
[spoiler] :beathorse [/spoiler]
...........  :joystick

Goodlad

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2011, 09:18:31 AM »
Yeah man i figured ya would usually build a char for this kinda thing.
I was actually just trolling through all 3.5 books for spells to help the party out in the coming massive fight, and when i stumbled across the spell in serpent kingdoms it gave me this idea.

But since the permanent 2hd loss it a bit bloody stupid i was hoping there was another way to do it.
Sure i might try work in a miracle to the casting of the spell and see if my DM will drop the HD loss, lol

wotmaniac

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Emperor's Enforcer
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2011, 10:47:17 AM »
Master Transmogrifist.

[spoiler]
If you stop ignoring 289 pages telling what the intent is to stretch "more power" in your own god complexion of your interpretation trumps all to cover ability adjustments from aging then I will ignore a quarter page of rules that exist within a sidebar.
I think in this case the grammar is less important than whether the Str and Dex bonus provided to your created undead scales.

Greenbound Summoning RAI
Expanded Gestalt
More Savage Progressions[/spoiler]
Report any wrongs I have done here.

awaken DM golem

• Organ Grinder
  • PAO'd my Avatar
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2011, 06:35:46 PM »

Yeah man i figured ya would usually build a char for this kinda thing.

I was actually just trolling through all 3.5 books for spells to help the party out in the coming massive fight,
and when i stumbled across the spell in serpent kingdoms it gave me this idea.

Metamorphic Transfer feat gets (su) abilities,
around level 5 or so, and is standard stock for psi builds.

Bolding + italics = so close to infinity , so far away ...  :sh