Author Topic: Ask a Simple Question 23: You know the drill  (Read 186546 times)

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
Re: Ask a Simple Question 23: You know the drill
« Reply #980 on: April 08, 2011, 02:46:57 AM »
while I could probably make a good argument about the mutability by showing him that bard-"inspired" divine caster,
Link in sig, to save you the trouble.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

X-Codes

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #981 on: April 08, 2011, 03:02:05 AM »
Q 330:How many levels or XP would a LA+4 need to get to LA+0, using UA's rules?
Assuming no RHD...

15k @ ECL 16 (then instantly dropping back to ECL 15)
23k @ ECL 24
28k @ ECL 29
30k @ ECL 31

So you have to be a 30th-level character.

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #982 on: April 08, 2011, 03:21:12 AM »
Q 332 If you gave a golem Rudimentary Intelligence, which gives them skill points, what skills do they get? Their creator's? Constructs are usually mindless so they had don't have racial skills to choose from.

Q 333 When grappling, what kind of bonus do you get for using multiple limbs? Is it +2 for each arm after the first two?
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
« Reply #983 on: April 08, 2011, 09:10:29 AM »
Q 328: What is a good resource for mech suits?  I'm thinking alien 2 mech suits, except DnD, not Gundam style mechsuits.  So Large or Huge, human-controlled, realisticish.

Q 329: Is there a list or resource for steamtechish technology grafts under 3.5 rules?  Specifically a list, not a way to build them or whatever.  I can already ad-lib some myself even provide decent rules, but a list of premades would be nice as a timesaver.

A328:Only one thing exists that's close to this and that's the Clockwork Armor.

A329:Maug Grafts in Fiend Folio and Warforged Grafts in one of the Eberron books are as close as I can direct you.
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

wotmaniac

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Emperor's Enforcer
« Reply #984 on: April 08, 2011, 11:27:30 AM »
*<sleep deprived insanity -- nothing to see here>*
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 04:49:50 PM by wotmaniac »

[spoiler]
If you stop ignoring 289 pages telling what the intent is to stretch "more power" in your own god complexion of your interpretation trumps all to cover ability adjustments from aging then I will ignore a quarter page of rules that exist within a sidebar.
I think in this case the grammar is less important than whether the Str and Dex bonus provided to your created undead scales.

Greenbound Summoning RAI
Expanded Gestalt
More Savage Progressions[/spoiler]
Report any wrongs I have done here.

Rejakor

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #985 on: April 08, 2011, 12:24:36 PM »
Clockwork Armour is sweet.  I guess i'll just advance it size categories and give it more hp etc.  Dunno why I didn't think of doing that earlier.

I'm running my first game above ECL 10.  It's a ECL 15 oneshot.  Premise is that the world's mightiest heroes have been summoned by a reclusive nation that is actually tied into Mechanus and contains the Id of Mechanus - the ego separated from the planar intelligence that runs mechanus and by extension runs the entire multiverse.  A dark and malign force is attempting to free the Id of Mechanus, which sealed itself away many millenia ago before time was invented, and bolt that onto it's own consciousness so it can take over mechanus, and by doing so, take over the multiverse.

So the grafts are for the townsfolk of the mechanus-tied-in nation, and the golem is going to be one of the many haywire mechanical servants of the Sanctum Sanctoris, the ruined underground technowarren that houses the Oracle, the current sacrifice and focus for the chaos-based intuition of the Id.  The powered suits are for the military forces of the nation, has to be some advantage for having part of the plane of mechanus fused with their nation, right?  Social encounter is the first of four encounters in the oneshot, if they fail it they'll have to fight the military.  The Inner Quadratic Guard, no less.

braininthejar

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
« Reply #986 on: April 08, 2011, 12:44:12 PM »
Is any of the prestige classes from Book Of Erotic Fantasy any good?

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #987 on: April 08, 2011, 01:07:55 PM »
Metaphysical Spellshaper. That's it.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Littha

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #988 on: April 08, 2011, 02:12:35 PM »
Metaphysical Spellshaper. That's it.

unless your campaign is heavily centred on "Other" things.

Bauglir

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • TriOptimum
« Reply #989 on: April 08, 2011, 03:03:34 PM »
while I could probably make a good argument about the mutability by showing him that bard-"inspired" divine caster,
Link in sig, to save you the trouble.

I thought it was you that wrote it. But yeah, anybody got the Psionics refluffing thread?
So you end up stuck in an endless loop, unable to act, forever.

In retrospect, much like Keanu Reeves.

Esgath

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
« Reply #990 on: April 08, 2011, 03:54:37 PM »
50th page btw

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #991 on: April 08, 2011, 04:03:20 PM »
Bump (forgot this question was never answered)

Q 177 What adventure was it that had an evil hound archon?

Q 332 If you gave a golem Rudimentary Intelligence, which gives them skill points, what skills do they get? Their creator's? Constructs are usually mindless so they had don't have racial skills to choose from.

Q 333 When grappling, what kind of bonus do you get for using multiple limbs? Is it +2 for each arm after the first two?
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.

X-Codes

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #992 on: April 08, 2011, 04:21:23 PM »
ftfy. ;)
Uh, no... you didn't.  You need 12 CLASS LEVELS to buy off your first LA, A.K.A. ECL 16.

wotmaniac

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Emperor's Enforcer
« Reply #993 on: April 08, 2011, 04:51:01 PM »
ftfy. ;)
Uh, no... you didn't.  You need 12 CLASS LEVELS to buy off your first LA, A.K.A. ECL 16.
sorry ..... (re)fixed.
grand total 8 hours sleep for past 3 days .... messing with my brain.

[spoiler]
If you stop ignoring 289 pages telling what the intent is to stretch "more power" in your own god complexion of your interpretation trumps all to cover ability adjustments from aging then I will ignore a quarter page of rules that exist within a sidebar.
I think in this case the grammar is less important than whether the Str and Dex bonus provided to your created undead scales.

Greenbound Summoning RAI
Expanded Gestalt
More Savage Progressions[/spoiler]
Report any wrongs I have done here.

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #994 on: April 08, 2011, 07:37:47 PM »
Q 334

I seem to recall that Psi-Like Abilities are automatically augmented up to their manifester level. Was this explicitly pointed out in a book, or is it a conclusion drawn from the fact that PLAs work like powers (thus can be augmented), have a manifester level (thus have a defined cap for augmentation), and you don't need to pay their pp cost (thus eliminating the cost of augmenting)?
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #995 on: April 08, 2011, 07:51:40 PM »
Explicitly in the book.

Edit: page 65, bottom left.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 07:54:12 PM by McPoyo »
[Spoiler]
A gygaxian dungeon is like the world's most messed up game show.

Behind door number one: INSTANT DEATH!
Behind door number 2: A magic crown!
Behind door number 3: 4d6 giant bees, and THREE HUNDRED POUNDS OF HONEY!
They don't/haven't, was the point. 3.5 is as dead as people not liking nice tits.

Sometimes, their tits (3.5) get enhancements (houserules), but that doesn't mean people don't like nice tits.

Though sometimes, the surgeon (DM) botches them pretty bad...
Best metaphor I have seen in a long time.  I give you much fu.
Three Errata for the Mage-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Barbarian-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Monks doomed to die,
One for the Wizard on his dark throne
In the Land of Charop where the Shadows lie.
[/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #996 on: April 08, 2011, 08:24:43 PM »
Explicitly in the book.

Edit: page 65, bottom left.
That's what I'm looking at, yes.
Quote from: XPH, page 65
I don't see anything explicitly referencing augmentation of (Ps) abilities here.

Risada

• Grape ape
  • Wearing this outfit in the name of SCIENCE!
    • Email
« Reply #997 on: April 08, 2011, 08:35:24 PM »
A334 Quoted from the SRD:

Psi-Like Abilities

Most psionic monsters have some number of psi-like abilities. These are very similar to spell-like abilities. Naturally, they are psionic and work just like powers or spells. A creature with psi-like abilities does not pay for these abilities with power points and does not pay any XP cost associated with manifesting the power the ability duplicates.

Psi-like abilities do not work in a null psionics field and are subject to power resistance if the power or spell the ability duplicates would be subject to power resistance. A psi-like ability usually has a limit on how often it can be used. A psi-like ability that can be used at will has no use limit. Using a psi-like ability is a standard action unless noted otherwise, and doing so while threatened provokes attacks of opportunity. It is possible to make a Concentration check to use a psi-like ability defensively and avoid provoking attacks of opportunity, just as when using a power or casting a spell. A psi-like ability can be interrupted just as a spell can be. Psi-like abilities cannot be used to counterspell, nor can they be counterspelled.

All creatures with psi-like abilities are assigned a manifester level, which indicates how difficult it is to dispel their psi-like effects and determines all level-dependent variables (such as range or duration) the abilities might have. When a creature uses a psi-like ability, the power is manifested as if the creature had spent a number of power points equal to its manifester level, which may augment the power to improve its damage or save DC. However, the creature does not actually spend power points for its psi-like abilities, even if it has a power point reserve due to racial abilities, class levels, or some other psionic ability.

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #998 on: April 08, 2011, 08:38:38 PM »
Now we're talking. Turns out I was just looking in the wrong place - typical case of Wizards putting their rules all over the place in books. Page 184 in XPH, Monsters section rather than Psionics section.

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #999 on: April 08, 2011, 10:23:34 PM »
Now we're talking. Turns out I was just looking in the wrong place - typical case of Wizards putting their rules all over the place in books. Page 184 in XPH, Monsters section rather than Psionics section.
Whoops, my bad.
[Spoiler]
A gygaxian dungeon is like the world's most messed up game show.

Behind door number one: INSTANT DEATH!
Behind door number 2: A magic crown!
Behind door number 3: 4d6 giant bees, and THREE HUNDRED POUNDS OF HONEY!
They don't/haven't, was the point. 3.5 is as dead as people not liking nice tits.

Sometimes, their tits (3.5) get enhancements (houserules), but that doesn't mean people don't like nice tits.

Though sometimes, the surgeon (DM) botches them pretty bad...
Best metaphor I have seen in a long time.  I give you much fu.
Three Errata for the Mage-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Barbarian-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Monks doomed to die,
One for the Wizard on his dark throne
In the Land of Charop where the Shadows lie.
[/spoiler]