Author Topic: Ask a Simple Question 23: You know the drill  (Read 186322 times)

JaronK

• Organ Grinder
Re: Ask a Simple Question 23: You know the drill
« Reply #460 on: March 12, 2011, 04:26:38 AM »
Q 157 Would the charisma bonus from a Cloak of charisma apply to a bards bonus spells per day?

Yup.

JaronK

TenaciousJ

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
« Reply #461 on: March 12, 2011, 05:47:59 AM »
Q158 Does a 20th level Cleric taking his first epic level as Wizard 1 gain spell slots to use Wizard spells with?  The epic rules seem a bit unclear about what happens with multi-classing casters in epic levels. If no, how does the character use Wizard spells?

Epimetheus

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #462 on: March 12, 2011, 06:01:01 AM »
Q 159 Is there a feat or class that lets you use a racial ability extra times per day?

GawainBS

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #463 on: March 12, 2011, 06:02:16 AM »
Q158 Does a 20th level Cleric taking his first epic level as Wizard 1 gain spell slots to use Wizard spells with?  The epic rules seem a bit unclear about what happens with multi-classing casters in epic levels. If no, how does the character use Wizard spells?

A 158: As a 1st lvl Wizard. Only saves and BAB have a special progression in Epic.

godzilla5939

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
    • Email
« Reply #464 on: March 12, 2011, 07:13:11 AM »
You just dont get more slots for your cleric if you level him in cleric again

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #465 on: March 12, 2011, 07:30:07 AM »
Q 159 Is there a feat or class that lets you use a racial ability extra times per day?
A 159

I don't think there's one that works for any racial ability, but depending on what ability of what race you're looking at exactly, there may be a racial feat, paragon class, or PrC buried somewhere.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 09:39:28 AM by Agita »
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

jorisdee

• Noob
« Reply #466 on: March 12, 2011, 09:32:04 AM »
Q160 i was wondering, is there a way to manipulate time? to ,say, make my earth node grow :smirk? other than just to wish for such a thing to happen?

thanks in advance

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #467 on: March 12, 2011, 10:37:40 AM »
Use Genesis to make a plane with accelerated time and wait.

Or planar  bubble from a plane that already has accelerated time.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

geniussavant

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #468 on: March 12, 2011, 04:14:09 PM »
Q161: Was there ever an ardent version of the king of smack build?
[spoiler]
I see that you want to solve problems. Not problems like, "What is beauty?," because that would fall within the purview of your conundrums of 'philosophy'. You want to solve practical problems. F'r instance, how are you gonna stop some big, mean Mother Hubbard from tearing you a structurally superfluous new behind? The answer: Use a gun. And if that don't work? Use more gun.
And if that fails try this

[/spoiler]

Bauglir

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • TriOptimum
« Reply #469 on: March 12, 2011, 10:03:31 PM »
Q162

Does a spell with a non-instantaneous and non-dischargable duration exist which allows CL to be added to skill checks (Spellcraft in particular)? It needn't be directly, but that would be ideal.
So you end up stuck in an endless loop, unable to act, forever.

In retrospect, much like Keanu Reeves.

X-Codes

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #470 on: March 12, 2011, 10:22:40 PM »
Q162

Does a spell with a non-instantaneous and non-dischargable duration exist which allows CL to be added to skill checks (Spellcraft in particular)? It needn't be directly, but that would be ideal.
I assume you're looking for something other than Divine Insight, Improvisation, and similar?

I don't think there's one that just straight-up boosts Spellcraft checks, but there are a few that boost Spellcraft checks to identify spells.

Bobikus

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #471 on: March 12, 2011, 10:37:38 PM »
Q 163  Is there a loot table that takes into account all the official 3.5 splatbooks, or at least both the A&E Guide and MIC?

Bauglir

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • TriOptimum
« Reply #472 on: March 12, 2011, 10:39:01 PM »
Q162

I assume you're looking for something other than Divine Insight, Improvisation, and similar?

I don't think there's one that just straight-up boosts Spellcraft checks, but there are a few that boost Spellcraft checks to identify spells.

Hm... actually, I'd take anything really. But those two did remind me of something; I need the bonus to be uncapped, and I need it to be always-on. I'm looking for ways to convert the bonus caster level from node spellcasting to a spellcraft bonus. Without that, you can't get an NI CL loop from Node Genesis, and even then I haven't done the math to figure out if and when the diminishing returns in node dimensions to class outweigh the accelerating returns from maximum node size to CL boosts. I fear I'm going to need to remember some calculus here, if an appropriate spell exists, otherwise it'd be pretty straightforward.
So you end up stuck in an endless loop, unable to act, forever.

In retrospect, much like Keanu Reeves.

sir_argenon

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #473 on: March 13, 2011, 11:11:40 AM »
Q164: im trying to find the vestige that gives the menu A abilities for an astral construct.  i know i saw it somewhere.. any help?

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #474 on: March 13, 2011, 12:08:50 PM »
Q162

Hm... actually, I'd take anything really. But those two did remind me of something; I need the bonus to be uncapped, and I need it to be always-on. I'm looking for ways to convert the bonus caster level from node spellcasting to a spellcraft bonus. Without that, you can't get an NI CL loop from Node Genesis, and even then I haven't done the math to figure out if and when the diminishing returns in node dimensions to class outweigh the accelerating returns from maximum node size to CL boosts. I fear I'm going to need to remember some calculus here, if an appropriate spell exists, otherwise it'd be pretty straightforward.
I want to see this when you finish it.
[Spoiler]
A gygaxian dungeon is like the world's most messed up game show.

Behind door number one: INSTANT DEATH!
Behind door number 2: A magic crown!
Behind door number 3: 4d6 giant bees, and THREE HUNDRED POUNDS OF HONEY!
They don't/haven't, was the point. 3.5 is as dead as people not liking nice tits.

Sometimes, their tits (3.5) get enhancements (houserules), but that doesn't mean people don't like nice tits.

Though sometimes, the surgeon (DM) botches them pretty bad...
Best metaphor I have seen in a long time.  I give you much fu.
Three Errata for the Mage-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Barbarian-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Monks doomed to die,
One for the Wizard on his dark throne
In the Land of Charop where the Shadows lie.
[/spoiler]

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
« Reply #475 on: March 13, 2011, 02:05:04 PM »
Q164: im trying to find the vestige that gives the menu A abilities for an astral construct.  i know i saw it somewhere.. any help?
Could it be Abysm?
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #476 on: March 13, 2011, 02:29:57 PM »
Could it be Abysm?
There's a soulmeld that gives the shaper abilities from an Astral Construct menus (depending on the chakra it's bound to=, but I'm pretty sure there's no vestige that does that. Abysm merely gives Astral Construct as a power.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #477 on: March 13, 2011, 02:38:05 PM »
bump

Q 145 How do you figure out the least CL needed for items like belt of magnificence, or amulet of health when running an E6 or E8 game? With the amulet of health, it says CL 8th for all three versions (+2 to +6), when if you were make your amulet of health from scratch, you could theoretically go with Spell level x CL x 2000 and pay 12000 for an item that gives you a continuous +4 to CON instead of paying 16000.

Q 165 Is there a shirt or anything that mimics mage armor, besides bracers of armor?
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.

sir_argenon

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #478 on: March 13, 2011, 03:00:59 PM »
Could it be Abysm?
There's a soulmeld that gives the shaper abilities from an Astral Construct menus (depending on the chakra it's bound to=, but I'm pretty sure there's no vestige that does that. Abysm merely gives Astral Construct as a power.

:banghead d'oh..

yes it was a soulmeld, that is why i couldnt find it.  thanks.

Garryl

• Hong Kong
« Reply #479 on: March 13, 2011, 03:13:25 PM »
Could it be Abysm?

:banghead d'oh..

yes it was a soulmeld, that is why i couldnt find it.  thanks.

Astral Vambraces bound to your arms gives a menu A ability.
A Guide to Free D&D - A resource of free, official D&D resources on the web.
General listing of my homebrew.
Links to things I've worked on
[spoiler]
Idiot Crusader, refreshing maneuvers for free every round.
The Opposed Checks Handbook - Under construction.
Adaptations Handbook - Under construction.
[/spoiler]