Author Topic: Ask a Simple Question 23: You know the drill  (Read 186325 times)

Vicerious

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
  • Foolish Mortal
    • Email
Re: Ask a Simple Question 23: You know the drill
« Reply #200 on: March 01, 2011, 11:16:55 PM »
Q. 62 - Can Multiweapon Fighting be combined with Natural Weapons? For example, if i had 4x tentacles...
Nope.  That's what the Rapidstrike (Draconomicon) feat chain is for.
"A witty saying proves nothing." --Voltaire

Hitoshura

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
« Reply #201 on: March 01, 2011, 11:27:02 PM »
Q. 62 - Can Multiweapon Fighting be combined with Natural Weapons? For example, if i had 4x tentacles...

If that's so, how does a Monstrous Humanoid qualify for it? Any feat or maybe a Low-LA Template?

Littha

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #202 on: March 01, 2011, 11:35:12 PM »

If that's so, how does a Monstrous Humanoid qualify for it? Any feat or maybe a Low-LA Template?

Any template that changes your type to aberration, dragon, elemental, magical beast or plant.... which is to say half dragon and not much else.

RelentlessImp

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #203 on: March 01, 2011, 11:40:21 PM »

Any template that changes your type to aberration, dragon, elemental, magical beast or plant.... which is to say half dragon and not much else.

Aberration:
Half-Illithid, Spellwarped (not applicable to Monstrous Humanoids)

Elemental:
Elemental Creature (Air, Cold, Earth, Fire, Ice, Ooze, Smoke, Water, Wood) (All spread out between MotP and Dragons)

Magical Beast:
Shadow Creature (MotP version)

So there's a few more. :P
Solo on Essentials
I prepared irresistible phantasmal killer today... as a 4th level spell.
"He hit me with a flaming garbage can...and then the god damn hobo next to it!"

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #204 on: March 01, 2011, 11:46:11 PM »

And WotC was smart, and the half-dragon savage progression gives it at the last level, so no dice there.

Possibly dragonspawn, depending upon which version you use.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

bearsarebrown

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #205 on: March 01, 2011, 11:57:16 PM »
There's a 2nd level spell in RotD that makes you a Dragon for the duration. Dragonwrought obviously works. I'm almost positive there is an easier way to count as an Abberation though, I want to say there is a feat.

InnaBinder

• Grape ape
  • OnnaTable
    • Okay - - Your Turn: Monte Cook's Message Board
« Reply #206 on: March 02, 2011, 12:09:00 AM »

And WotC was smart, and the half-dragon savage progression gives it at the last level, so no dice there.

WotC was smart?  What sort of Bizarro World is this?  :P
Winning an argument on the internet is like winning in the Special Olympics.  You won, but you're still retarded.

I made a Handbook!?

Sobolev

• Donkey Kong
« Reply #207 on: March 02, 2011, 02:06:28 AM »
Q63: I can't remember where I saw this, and I have no idea how I might find it.  It was an alternate way to do HP and I think I saw it on these boards.  All I remember is that every class (by HD) was a roll + a fixed number.  Wizards were D4 + 0, Fighters were D4+6 maybe?  I can't really remember.  Anyone know what I'm talking about?
Sha'ir Handbook
Binder Handbook

Quote from: Negative Zero on November 04, 2009, 02:16:14 AM
In my humble opinion, CO is haberdashery. Some say we're mad, but we can all agree we're hatters. Yes, we have potential to make very sophisticated hats, very fancy hats, be they dark or light. But the truth is that the color of the hat does not come from the group of us - our community doesn't directly produce hats. We simply give average head circumferences, list current fashion trends, and point out some shiny, obscure baubles to add to the latest hat line.

Littha

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #208 on: March 02, 2011, 03:38:35 AM »
Q63: I can't remember where I saw this, and I have no idea how I might find it.  It was an alternate way to do HP and I think I saw it on these boards.  All I remember is that every class (by HD) was a roll + a fixed number.  Wizards were D4 + 0, Fighters were D4+6 maybe?  I can't really remember.  Anyone know what I'm talking about?

No idea what you are talking about but i imagine it is just granting d4 hd and the average bonus from the extra size.
In that case fighter would be d4+3 (d4 > d6 > d8 > d10) and barbarian would be d4+4.

I imagine it works to reduce the variability of hp between characters but without seeing the original thread i have no idea.

Epimetheus

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #209 on: March 02, 2011, 08:19:25 AM »
Q 64: I don't really understand the spell Doomtide from Spell Compendium. Where exactly are you allowed to put the cubes? And is it better to keep them stationary or have them move away from you?

Esgath

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
« Reply #210 on: March 02, 2011, 08:52:32 AM »
Q59: What can a human wizard 10/incantatrix 10 with 12 dex do, to get enough +hit on ranged touch?

True Strike for one...

Thanks. Is there anything with a longer duration, and preferably persistable? :)
The only thing I could come up with on the spot was persisting divine power via limited wish, but that would be a "bit" expensive with 300 xp/day.

cru

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #211 on: March 02, 2011, 09:15:02 AM »
A59 some SpC spells
Bite of the Wererat (sor/wiz 3) gives you +6 to dexterity.
Divine Agility (cleric 5) gives you +10 to dexterity.
Guided shot (sor/wiz 1) ignores some penalties.
Wind tunnel (druid 5) gives a +5 competence to ranged attacks.

Bloody Initiate

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #212 on: March 02, 2011, 12:43:48 PM »
Q65: Does being mounted grant you a type of pounce? I saw it said somewhere on this board, but looked it up on page 157 of the PHB and it would appear that it doesn't grant you anything remotely resembling pounce, although it allows a full attack with ranged weapons. Am I wrong?
I don't employ memes. Mass-produced ammunition, even from reputable manufacturers, tends to malfunction on occasion.

Sobolev

• Donkey Kong
« Reply #213 on: March 02, 2011, 01:39:07 PM »
Q66: I've been reading the "Consolidated Binder Handbook", and my question is a two parter.  Is there a more recent resource than this thing that was copy pasted two years ago and written who knows when?  Part 2 is since no one is ever going to fix the formatting, should I just repost it with corrected formatting?  Its starting to bug me.
Sha'ir Handbook
Binder Handbook

In my humble opinion, CO is haberdashery. Some say we're mad, but we can all agree we're hatters. Yes, we have potential to make very sophisticated hats, very fancy hats, be they dark or light. But the truth is that the color of the hat does not come from the group of us - our community doesn't directly produce hats. We simply give average head circumferences, list current fashion trends, and point out some shiny, obscure baubles to add to the latest hat line.

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #214 on: March 02, 2011, 02:09:00 PM »
If you do, make sure you add a section about bloodline levels advancing vestige access, since they advance effective binder level, and according to the text that's all that gets calculated for determining vestige access.
[Spoiler]
A gygaxian dungeon is like the world's most messed up game show.

Behind door number one: INSTANT DEATH!
Behind door number 2: A magic crown!
Behind door number 3: 4d6 giant bees, and THREE HUNDRED POUNDS OF HONEY!
They don't/haven't, was the point. 3.5 is as dead as people not liking nice tits.

Sometimes, their tits (3.5) get enhancements (houserules), but that doesn't mean people don't like nice tits.

Though sometimes, the surgeon (DM) botches them pretty bad...
Best metaphor I have seen in a long time.  I give you much fu.
Three Errata for the Mage-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Barbarian-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Monks doomed to die,
One for the Wizard on his dark throne
In the Land of Charop where the Shadows lie.
[/spoiler]

Sobolev

• Donkey Kong
« Reply #215 on: March 02, 2011, 04:46:11 PM »
If you do, make sure you add a section about bloodline levels advancing vestige access, since they advance effective binder level, and according to the text that's all that gets calculated for determining vestige access.

The problem is that I don't know that much about Binders, that's why I was reading it.  I might do it anyway, the formatting really distracts from the product.
Sha'ir Handbook
Binder Handbook

Sobolev

• Donkey Kong
« Reply #216 on: March 02, 2011, 09:39:21 PM »
Q67:Is making a successful Binding check and getting a good pact as hard as it looks?  level 2 + charisma bonus 3 + d20 means you need a 12+ to successfully good pact with something with DC 17.  Granted somewhere in the middle things are still 20 and you have a better Binder level, but by the end you're level 10 with a charisma bonus of 4 or 5 trying to get a 15+ to bind a level 8 Vestige with a DC of 30.  Am I missing something?  I know about the feat that gives +4, and I know there's an item that helps, but this still seems like a problem.  Circlet of Persuasion to help out?  I guess I'm looking for a non-item solution in this case.
Sha'ir Handbook
Binder Handbook

Ithamar

• Hong Kong
  • PM me if you're interested in some Arena action!
« Reply #217 on: March 02, 2011, 09:47:51 PM »
Making a bad bind has very little in-game implications for the most part.  A bad bind does not mean you failed to bind the vestige, just that you are subject to some minor role-playing quirk for the day.
Are you worthy of Ascension?
Always accepting gladiators!  Now with a new and improved rule set!

Sobolev

• Donkey Kong
« Reply #218 on: March 02, 2011, 10:24:47 PM »
Making a bad bind has very little in-game implications for the most part.  A bad bind does not mean you failed to bind the vestige, just that you are subject to some minor role-playing quirk for the day.

Actually worried more about hiding the signs of the binding.
Sha'ir Handbook
Binder Handbook

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #219 on: March 02, 2011, 10:39:55 PM »

Actually worried more about hiding the signs of the binding.
Buy (and constantly screw around with) a rod of wonder.

nobody's going to notice any additional minor quirks.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.