Author Topic: Dungeon Crawl Tournament looking for players  (Read 12741 times)

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
Re: Dungeon Crawl Tournament looking for players
« Reply #60 on: March 31, 2011, 01:54:25 PM »
I'm not sure.... I don't know whether Stormcrow ever intended to be running a freak-show :).

geniussavant

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #61 on: March 31, 2011, 02:28:18 PM »
It's up to him, but honestly we wouldn't look too different than the normal races. A goliath is just a really tall gray human. Mixter's character is just a big dwarf with purple hair and horns. vilenatas character is just a halfling with demonic eyes and reddish black hair. Ironically enough, my character will probably look the most normal as he will look almost entirely human but with silver eyes.
[spoiler]
I see that you want to solve problems. Not problems like, "What is beauty?," because that would fall within the purview of your conundrums of 'philosophy'. You want to solve practical problems. F'r instance, how are you gonna stop some big, mean Mother Hubbard from tearing you a structurally superfluous new behind? The answer: Use a gun. And if that don't work? Use more gun.
And if that fails try this

[/spoiler]

Mixster

• Grape ape
« Reply #62 on: March 31, 2011, 05:54:28 PM »
It's up to him, but honestly we wouldn't look too different than the normal races. A goliath is just a really tall gray human. Mixter's character is just a big dwarf with purple hair and horns. vilenatas character is just a halfling with demonic eyes and reddish black hair. Ironically enough, my character will probably look the most normal as he will look almost entirely human but with silver eyes.

A big dwarf with horns, who wields a chain several sizes too big for him. We wont look that weird, but we'd have loads of templates which I'm not sure whether he wanted. I could go down to as little as Half-Minotaur, but I would really hate losing that.
Monks are pretty much the best designed class ever.

JaronK

Meep Meep - Mixster out

geniussavant

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #63 on: March 31, 2011, 08:32:13 PM »
It'll come down to Stormcrow's final say, but in all honesty I don't think it would take any real effort to put us in the campaign. It's not like we all have 4 eyes and tentacles.
[spoiler]
I see that you want to solve problems. Not problems like, "What is beauty?," because that would fall within the purview of your conundrums of 'philosophy'. You want to solve practical problems. F'r instance, how are you gonna stop some big, mean Mother Hubbard from tearing you a structurally superfluous new behind? The answer: Use a gun. And if that don't work? Use more gun.

[/spoiler]

Stormcrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #64 on: April 01, 2011, 01:09:41 AM »
to me that is no problem the main plot is a noble that is paying for a team to win a tournament for her.

geniussavant

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #65 on: April 01, 2011, 01:28:51 AM »
Said noble might have even picked us because of the fact we we're a group of freaks. As freaks, maybe the noble feels we have a better chance of winning.

You wouldn't happen to have time to look over my last pm, would you? I kinda need responses to my queries to finalise my character. . .
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Mixster

• Grape ape
« Reply #66 on: April 01, 2011, 11:33:23 AM »
I also need to know a pretty exact amount of starting Experience to know whether I'm level 6 or 7, having bought of LA +1.

JaronK

Meep Meep - Mixster out

vilenatas

• Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: April 01, 2011, 12:55:22 PM »
I got a pm that said we get the minimum starting experience to have reached level 7 without LA.  So I've statted my character out as level 6 with 18k exp.

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: April 01, 2011, 03:17:04 PM »
So I've statted my character out as level 6 with 18k exp.
Likewise. It's not a big deal for me, and I guess we'll catch up soon enough.

Stormcrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #69 on: April 02, 2011, 12:49:26 AM »
as to the Q you sent me

Q1 non-good(maybe even evil) version of vow of poverty
A1 No

Q2 What is your ruling on prestige classes and their interaction with erudite? Specifically with their interaction of the unique powers per power level per day, and the erudite's loss of its learning mechanic if it takes too many levels in a psionic class. To my thinking, prestige classes that only advance manifesting are not subject to this clause, due to them only giving you levels as if you had gained a level in whatever manifesting class you had previously taken levels in, but I would like your ruling on it as it is mildly ambiguous.

I don't know the erudite class that well what do the others think ?

geniussavant

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #70 on: April 02, 2011, 10:56:08 PM »
Thank you, I'll have a preliminary character sheet for you tomorrow or Monday for approval. I'll change it to psion, if the ruling on erudite's learning mechanic would hurt to much. I'm not yet sure if I'll plan on taking enough prc's for it to hurt. Hell, do you know how high will the game be going? We might not reach a level where I would have to be concerned about the second half of that question.
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Stormcrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #71 on: April 02, 2011, 11:17:06 PM »
as to how high it will go i don't even know if you will get past the first 2 chapters

geniussavant

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #72 on: April 02, 2011, 11:18:42 PM »
Is each chapter a level?
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Mixster

• Grape ape
« Reply #73 on: April 03, 2011, 07:01:49 PM »
Other PrCs advancing the Erudite, well I can't see any problem with that, unless he does Cerebremancer cheese.

JaronK

Meep Meep - Mixster out

geniussavant

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #74 on: April 03, 2011, 07:53:01 PM »
I'm not going cerebremancer. if I PrC out, it will be into subverted psion, which is in a Mind's Eye article.
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Stormcrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #75 on: April 03, 2011, 11:28:16 PM »
head up on the first two rounds will be hard but i will make you all wait and see.

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
« Reply #76 on: April 04, 2011, 10:13:56 AM »
Do you have the game forum, yet?

Stormcrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #77 on: April 04, 2011, 03:02:15 PM »
i dont think ever one was ready yet

geniussavant

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #78 on: April 04, 2011, 06:55:41 PM »
I have the basics of my character done, but I still have to pick my powers, equipment, and roll HP.

Should I roll HP, or should I use the die's average?

Edit: When selecting my powers, should I stick with just those gained through leveling? Or can I pay for them by buying them out of a power stone(within rules)? Or will I get a few for free(I doubt it, but might as well put up all options)? It's basically the same as a wizard, except I have the potential to share powers with others for free, hense the last option.

Edit2: Am I to assume standard wealth by level? How much background do you want? How much physical description/personality?

Edit3: I have selected my powers learned from leveling.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 07:44:55 PM by geniussavant »
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Stormcrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #79 on: April 05, 2011, 03:33:51 PM »
I have the basics of my character done, but I still have to pick my powers, equipment, and roll HP.

Should I roll HP, or should I use the die's average?

Edit: When selecting my powers, should I stick with just those gained through leveling? Or can I pay for them by buying them out of a power stone(within rules)? Or will I get a few for free(I doubt it, but might as well put up all options)? It's basically the same as a wizard, except I have the potential to share powers with others for free, hense the last option.

Edit2: Am I to assume standard wealth by level? How much background do you want? How much physical description/personality?

Edit3: I have selected my powers learned from leveling.

I thought that i said some were that it was full HP ?

as for back ground Give a light background as well as a general decription will do.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 03:35:57 PM by Stormcrow »