Author Topic: Gladiator Campaign What do you guys think ?  (Read 8024 times)

Stormcrow

• Bi-Curious George
Gladiator Campaign What do you guys think ?
« on: February 18, 2011, 12:47:04 PM »

Ok maybe I have been watching to much of the show Spartacus but what do you guys think of a gladiator done in 3.5 ?

any one interested ?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 03:41:25 PM by Stormcrow »

Stormcrow

• Bi-Curious George
Re: Gladiator Campaign What do you guys think ?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 12:04:09 AM »
No takers ? o well

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2011, 12:12:40 AM »
There are no takers because all you've given is a loose theme of the campaign, and not much details at that. How would the game work? What restrictions are in place? What are the character-building guidelines? Is there an overall plot, or is this basically just a series of arena battles?

Anarchy_Kanya

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • Bisexuality rocks! Anarchy Rules! Anarchy Girl FTW
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2011, 12:20:40 AM »
Uuu... I had the exact same idea, but it's such a shame that I'm not good enough at english to participate. :(
Fly Away With Me!
We Are Angels! Anarchy!
[spoiler]
Once my 12 level VoP exalted Monk beat a Horned Devil. ALONE! The only dmg the devil could do to me was from one spell-like that he menaged to shoot out before he droped. :D
wow... you are the epitome of trolling...

Non complete list of people here that are not fuckwits: bearsarebrown, BeholderSlayer, Dictum Mortum, Ithamar, Kajhera, RelentlessImp, SeekingKnight, Shiki, Solo.
You didn't include yourself. Does that mean you're a fuckwit? ???

Hi Welcome
Then I can assume the answer to the question is "Yes".
[/spoiler]
Making Fighters special - lil project by me.

Stormcrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2011, 12:37:01 AM »
There are no takers because all you've given is a loose theme of the campaign, and not much details at that. How would the game work? What restrictions are in place? What are the character-building guidelines? Is there an overall plot, or is this basically just a series of arena battles?

well I to be honest I am still working out the bugs for a plot or setting but over all it is mostly arena battles, vs. monsters, or other groups or one on one duels. as for How would the game work? What restrictions are in place? What are the character-building guidelines? that I am still working out the bugs on and was hopping to take ideas suggestions or ideas.

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2011, 12:41:05 AM »
You just have to say that sort of stuff in the opening post. The original post is a fishing line, and it needs to have some bait on the hook or else you won't get any bites. :)

LordBlades

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2011, 04:31:30 AM »
Idea sounds interesting, but depending on restrictions and/or house rules, such a game might easily turn into Rocket Tag with Tactical Nukes.

I'm interested in principle, but would like to know more details.

godzilla5939

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2011, 08:12:29 PM »
I'm interested, but waiting to see actually ground rules before commiting

vilenatas

• Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2011, 07:33:49 PM »
I'm interested as well.  Are you thinking a spellcasting free or spellcasting light Gladiator Arena, based on the original comments of a Spartacus that is what I'm picturing right now.

Stormcrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2011, 01:38:49 AM »
ok I have been hesitant to DM to campains at the same time but with only a Gladiator Campaign based of Spartacus  ideas should be light DMing (I hope)

ok character creation rules.

character creation rules.

level 4

36 points for stats

race anything but drow

Banned classes Wizard, Cleric, Druid, Archivist, Artificer,Sorcerer, Favored Soul,Binder

only custom class allowed Genni dancer
http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Gemini_Dancer_%283.5e_Class%29

equipment 0 for now see plot below after the first fight you will be able to get some gear.
Plot
you have been captured by drow one way or another it does not matter as you sit in a loin cloth in a cell, the wall are made of some fort walls of force all you can do is sit a wait. if you speak drow the guards are having been talking about the arena and taking bets witch ones will live and witch ones will die in the up coming mass battle.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 01:45:41 AM by Stormcrow »

Stormcrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2011, 01:09:47 PM »
did i go to much anti caster ?

vilenatas

• Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2011, 09:42:00 PM »
I'm working on a character, but I'm unsure if you are also banning psions or wilders?

Stormcrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2011, 12:03:13 AM »
well i thought that a pure caster can break the game to easily would i be wrong ?

vilenatas

• Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2011, 01:17:50 AM »
I felt like psions/wilders should be removed as well if you were taking out all the other nines(sublime chord and ur-priest as well I would assume), but I wanted to make sure before I built a melee-ish character for a game with full powered psions.

b100d_arrowz

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2011, 07:33:09 PM »

What he said. I would be interested in something like this, it'd be a nice addition to what I'm currently doing in DnD (trying to keep the plot from falling apart due to players apathetic to the plot  :shakefist and being the Healgun in the other campaign thats running). Please expand some on this idea and I'll see if I can join
I'm delirious from lack of sleep, but am sustained by the power of the Gatling Gun!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2011, 02:06:42 PM »
Hmm, I'm thinking this would be a good game for a Totemist...

Stormcrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2011, 12:12:40 AM »
guys just as a side note the first match you will be given weapons just before your first fight (you guys are slaves and drow are not stupid ) and after that you will get to customize your own kit.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 01:40:16 AM by Stormcrow »

b100d_arrowz

• Email
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2011, 12:36:46 AM »
ok I have been hesitant to DM to campains at the same time but with only a Gladiator Campaign based of Spartacus  ideas should be light DMing (I hope)

level 4

36 points for stats

race anything but drow

Banned classes Wizard, Cleric, Druid, Archivist, Artificer,Sorcerer, Favored Soul,Binder

equipment 0 for now see plot below after the first fight you will be able to get some gear.
Plot
you have been captured by drow one way or another it does not matter as you sit in a loin cloth in a cell, the wall are made of some fort walls of force all you can do is sit a wait. if you speak drow the guards are having been talking about the arena and taking bets witch ones will live and witch ones will die in the up coming mass battle.

When do you want us to have characters in to you, and are there any limits on class selection other then you specified? Also what about level adjustment races?
I'm delirious from lack of sleep, but am sustained by the power of the Gatling Gun!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Stormcrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2011, 02:07:50 AM »

level 4

36 points for stats

race anything but drow

Plot

When do you want us to have characters in to you, and are there any limits on class selection other then you specified? Also what about level adjustment races?

well as for when the character gets in to me right now i am in no rush with exams comeing up.

as for  level adjustment races I think allowing 0 and +1 races / templates should work out any higher and there could be problems

classes well I think that adding the chord and ur-priest as well as psions / wilders I think in  a gladiator type of campain that casters like that does not fit in the campain

b100d_arrowz

• Email
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2011, 03:03:52 AM »
well as for when the character gets in to me right now i am in no rush with exams comeing up.

as for  level adjustment races I think allowing 0 and +1 races / templates should work out any higher and there could be problems

classes well I think that adding the chord and ur-priest as well as psions / wilders I think in  a gladiator type of campain that casters like that does not fit in the campain
I just got done with my 2nd half of the semester exams, so I should be relatively clear until the beginning of May with Finals and all that.

Alright that sounds good, i was planning on being a fighter type character anyway, are ToB characters fine by you?