Author Topic: [HELP] Creating the ultimate infiltrator... Via Illithid Savant  (Read 2021 times)

Sachiru

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
[HELP] Creating the ultimate infiltrator... Via Illithid Savant
« on: February 18, 2011, 01:30:11 AM »
So, guys, I need advice once again.

Level 25 campaign, DM ruled that Half-Ilithids are allowed to take Illithid Savant, I have 8000 xp for LA buyback, and all WotC sources are allowed. Evil campaign, btw. DM ruled that I may, as part of my character concept, consume a Greater Doppelganger to gain Consume Identity, since part of the concept is based on the abilities of Alex Mercer.

Part of the character concept is as follows:

To directly quote it:
[spoiler]Goals:
Of course, since we start the game relatively alone, the mind flayer character I have would first have to establish an organization to further his goals. Then, after establishing said organization, he would then go out on a campaign to contain other mind flayers, to prevent any obstacles to his hegemony.

Afterwards, he will infiltrate the countries of that world with his organizations, setting in place crucial wars to weaken the world and fragment it politically and socially, and to sow despair and discord and engender in the "foolish masses" a desire for a leader charming enough and powerful enough to bring peace.

Finally, he will then arise as a "messiah", promising Paradise to the peoples, and crushing those who oppose him. After obtaining control of the world, he shall then undertake his penultimate goal: to become the agent of instrumentality by consuming all brains in existence, ensuring that all shall exist within one shared consciousness.

Personality:
During play, as I said in the first step of the plan, he will establish an organization. He will do so either by a) killing and assuming the identity of the leader of an already-powerful organization, or b) engineering an organization from the ground up, via selective murders and disguises designed to create a group of people all disgusted with the world's tendencies to lie and desiring that lies be abolished.

I would RP him as always in disguise, working with the other PCs, even pretending to be their lackey. At night, however, he shall go out and lure some unsuspecting girl, with the intention of first taking advantage of her flesh, then afterwards, in the afterglow, consuming her mind and spirit.

Since he is disguised, he shall adopt a humanoid form similar to that of the Hunchback of Notre Dame at morning, and Jasper Cullen at night.

Once every three weeks, however, he shall retreat in solitude to assume his natural illithid form, to review his plans, and to analyze himself and detangle himself from the personalities he subsumed.

By the way, Illithids are hermaphrodites. Which makes it better. After all, it is not only virgin females that he can rape then consume...[/spoiler]

The build thus far:

3 free LA to be used for additional templates, divided into one LA +1 template, and one +2 LA template (to be decided upon) due to 8k XP for LA buyback.
Levels 1-5           Half-Illithid
Levels 6-15         Illithid Savant
Levels 15-25       ???

So, what classes, combos and feats would you suggest to improve the character's power and scope?

NeverGetDrunkButStaySober

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
Re: [HELP] Creating the ultimate infiltrator... Via Illithid Savant
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2011, 03:45:44 PM »
You need actual class levels to enter Illithid Savant, given the required ten ranks in a certain skill.

Bastian

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2011, 06:40:41 PM »
For your organization I would suggest starting by consuming a Formian Queen, so you have a giant amount of minions that serve you utterly. Furthermore, if you have the mindsight feat, with the Queen's telepathy you can sense every thinking creature within 50 miles.

You also might want to consume a Mindstealer Master and/or a mindstealer drone since Mindstealer Masters can create Mindstealer drones to go out and absorb other people's memories. Furthermore, a drone can steal a person's abilities, though they only keep them for one month and the Mindstealer Master does not get the abilities, only the memories.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 06:46:26 PM by Bastian »

awaken DM golem

• Organ Grinder
  • PAO'd my Avatar
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2011, 07:06:32 PM »
2nd the 10 ranks problem.

If the Half-Illithid is "costing" 5 levels,
then that just needs 2 more levels of base class whatever,
so long as the ranks requirement is reached.

Illithid Savant is good enough, by itself.
Any 10 level PrC is supposed to be extendable into Epic.
I.S. is easy enough to make an Epic progression for it.
Just keep the patterns of the abilities going.

You are Epic.
You could get Epic spells via all sorts of treachery.

NeverGetDrunkButStaySober

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2011, 01:14:24 AM »
In fact, Illithid Savant already has a published epic progression here. It's one of the handful of printed epic progressions that grants a feat every two levels. (The others, IIRC, are Hathran/Fighter/Slayer.)

Sachiru

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2011, 04:18:42 AM »
So, a few levels in Factotum to fulfill the Knowledge skill requirement?

awaken DM golem

• Organ Grinder
  • PAO'd my Avatar
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2011, 05:45:32 PM »
Sure , why not.

What's your favorite flavor of brain?

I like mine charred on the outside via Hell Hound breath.
You have to summon one, cause the polymorphers just can't get the foul stench right.
Top it with Strawberries and Lemure sauce.
Ohhhh ... I savor that taste ...  :P ... kinda like Slaad Ice cream.
Yum.

SorO_Lost

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • I'll kill you before you're born.
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2011, 07:03:35 PM »
Dwarven pancakes are pretty good too. Little Hulking Hurler to flatten them and don't forget to use intimidate. It cleans them right up.
Tiers explained in 8 sentences. With examples!
[spoiler]Tiers break down into who has spellcasting more than anything else due to spells being better than anything else in the game.
6: Skill based. Commoner, Expert, Samurai.
5: Mundane warrior. Barbarian, Fighter, Monk.
4: Partial casters. Adapt, Hexblade, Paladin, Ranger, Spelltheif.
3: Focused casters. Bard, Beguiler, Dread Necromancer, Martial Adapts, Warmage.
2: Full casters. Favored Soul, Psion, Sorcerer, Wu Jen.
1: Elitists. Artificer, Cleric, Druid, Wizard.
0: Gods. StP Erudite, Illthid Savant, Pun-Pun, Rocks fall & you die.
[/spoiler]

awaken DM golem

• Organ Grinder
  • PAO'd my Avatar
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2011, 04:29:01 PM »
The "gristle" doesn't bother you?
Wow, you've got an iron gut.

Oh wait, the HH version ... heh.
I forgot, no real gristle to speak of.