Author Topic: Infinite standard actions for 0PP @1 Using Complete Psionic and Hyperconscious?  (Read 4223 times)

Endarire

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
You Need These Feats
-Linked Power (Complete Psionic 62)
-Narrow Mind (Prereq for Permanent Focus)
-Metapower: Linked Power & synchronicity (Metapower is on Complete Psionic 63)
-Permanent Focus (Hyperconscious 43)

Permanent Focus Full Text - Key Point of Build[spoiler]Prerequisite:[/b] Narrow Mind
Benefit:Special: You may take this feat multiple times. Each time, it applies to a different psionic feat.[/spoiler]

If This Trick Works
-Manifest synchronicity Linked to synchronicity for a total of 0PP from Metapower.  Use actions as desired.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 09:09:34 PM by Endarire »
Hood - My first answer to all your build questions; past, present, and future.

Speaking of which:
Don't even need TO for this.  Any decent Hood build, especially one with Celerity, one-rounds [Azathoth, the most powerful greater deity from d20 Cthulu].
Does it bug anyone else that we've reached the point where characters who can obliterate a greater deity in one round are considered "decent?"

awaken DM golem

• Organ Grinder
  • PAO'd my Avatar
hmm ...  :twitch or  :clap ... but I'm not sure which one just yet.

I don't remember if the metapower reduces the overall cost
or only the cost of the metapsi.
Your example is 1+1-2 = gold.
Otherwise 1+(1-2 limit 0) = 1 ; still rather juicy.

If so, this would generate a slowly expanding geometric (!) loop.
Still needs the clunkier 1pp version of Sychro.
Midnight Aug can reduce 1pp for 1 essentia point, but only after 1pp Aug has happened.
This would get the 3pp Aug version of Sychro going.
And with Metapower it's down to 1pp.
Just one more reducer needed for TPK of the world.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 09:52:27 PM by awaken DM golem »

Endarire

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
Linked Power states the second, linked power is an augment of the first.  Metapower reduces the total cost of a metapsionic feat + a psionic power by 2, minimum +0PP.

Speaking of which:
Don't even need TO for this.  Any decent Hood build, especially one with Celerity, one-rounds [Azathoth, the most powerful greater deity from d20 Cthulu].
Does it bug anyone else that we've reached the point where characters who can obliterate a greater deity in one round are considered "decent?"

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
Ye Olde Torc of Power Preservation?
It always seems like the barrels around here have something in them.

Garryl

• Hong Kong
I don't think that works. Linked Power doesn't qualify because a) it's a Metapsionic feat, not a Psionic feat, and b) it requires you to expend your psionic focus, not maintain it. Also, Metapower only reduces the cost of adding the metapsionic feat, as ADMG said, so it would only lower the cost to 1 PP.

Edit: Torc of Power Preservation still specifies minimum 1 PP.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 10:01:44 PM by Garryl »
A Guide to Free D&D - A resource of free, official D&D resources on the web.
General listing of my homebrew.
Links to things I've worked on
[spoiler]
Idiot Crusader, refreshing maneuvers for free every round.
The Opposed Checks Handbook - Under construction.
Adaptations Handbook - Under construction.
[/spoiler]

Endarire

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
I can apply the Torc and Metapower in the most beneficial order; thus, I could reduce the total cost by 1 (to 1) then reduce the augment cost by 1 (to 0).

How is a [Metapsionic] feat not a [Psionic] feat?

Speaking of which:

kalaskaagathas

• Bi-Curious George
  • "Seek Perfection of Character" - Gichin Funakoshi
Excellent Trick

I would like to include this in the Psionic Tricks Handbook.  May I, and if so, what should I call it?

bearsarebrown

• Organ Grinder
It doesn't work.

Maintain focus and expend focus are strictly different.

kalaskaagathas

• Bi-Curious George
It doesn't work.

Hmmm, that does seem to be a problem.  Still, the trick works (and without 3rd Party product) if you're a 10th level Dominant Ideal Ardent with Synchronicity on your chosen Mantle.

Garryl

• Hong Kong
I can apply the Torc and Metapower in the most beneficial order; thus, I could reduce the total cost by 1 (to 1) then reduce the augment cost by 1 (to 0).

How is a [Metapsionic] feat not a [Psionic] feat?

I don't think you can do that either. The total cost hasn't been determined until after the metapsionic/augment cost has. My reading of the section on manifesting powers in the SRD seems to indicate that a power has one cost; the total amount of power points spent. The effects of augmentation are based on the number of power points spend above the power's base cost. Unfortunately, the interactions with metapsionic feats aren't so clear-cut. My gut says no, but your reading may be valid. This requires more research.

Here is the description of the Psionic and Metapsionic descriptors. Note that the two are separate and neither one references the other. The Psion class's bonus feats also differentiate between psionic and metapsionic.

Excellent Trick

I would like to include this in the Psionic Tricks Handbook.  May I, and if so, what should I call it?
I would advise against you adding this to your psionic tricks handbook for now. There are a myriad of issues that need to be dealt with first, not the least of which is the lack of interaction between Linked Power and Permanent Focus that both bearsarebrown and I have pointed out.

Swordsaged: Stop posting while I'm hitting preview/post, darn it!

It doesn't work.

Hmmm, that does seem to be a problem.  Still, the trick works (and without 3rd Party product) if you're a 10th level Dominant Ideal Ardent with Synchronicity on your chosen Mantle.

Yup, you currently have that as "Garryl's Casual Disconcern for the Action Economy."
Speaking of which, I did not invent that trick. I believe I have mentioned this two or three times already.
A Guide to Free D&D - A resource of free, official D&D resources on the web.
General listing of my homebrew.
Links to things I've worked on
[spoiler]
Idiot Crusader, refreshing maneuvers for free every round.
The Opposed Checks Handbook - Under construction.
Adaptations Handbook - Under construction.
[/spoiler]

kalaskaagathas

• Bi-Curious George
Yup, you currently have that as "Garryl's Casual Disconcern for the Action Economy."
Speaking of which, I did not invent that trick. I believe I have mentioned this two or three times already.

Why so I do.  I need to reread my own little anthology, it would seem.

awaken DM golem

• Organ Grinder
  • PAO'd my Avatar
Getting the metapsi cost to 0pp is Ok.

Getting the 1pp original cost down to 0pp ... is I think one combo only.
Earth Power reduces the cost by 1pp.
I don't remember the specific text, and no access to the book.

If so, that would do the 0pp+0pp=0pp total cost part.

I agree about Psi feat vs. MetaPsi feat ... but only in XPH terms.
I don't know how HyperC uses this distinction.
And I'd bet that the language of Psi feat vs. Metapsi feat,
is NOT consistent from one wotc book to another.
My magic 8-ball says: "Possible".