Author Topic: The complete guide to IP proofing OR how to survive and enjoy your campaign.  (Read 61310 times)

Sunic_Flames

• Organ Grinder
  • The Crusader of Logic.
Re: The complete guide to IP proofing OR how to survive and enjoy your campaign.
« Reply #160 on: February 26, 2011, 10:00:12 AM »
Hey, fuckwits. When you bite the hand that feeds you, you fucking starve. It's not a difficult concept to understand. And while it is perfectly acceptable to dismiss whining and flailing as such, it is not at all acceptable to do the same thing for legitimate concerns.

Is there anyone who would like to start work on a new guide for IP proofing?

Preferably someone reasonably intelligent this time. JaronK?

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Bit early for April Fool's Jokes, isn't it?

Mention IP Proofing somewhere. Sunic did aptly use the term.

But I'll join the chorus in urging to recreate the body of knowledge, if theres someone with the knowledge and time.  :rollseyes Perhaps someone not so convinced of their infalliability that other opinions are irrelevant though.

Paizil Fallacy.

Hi Welcome

Looks like after the fuckwit army completely ruined a perfectly good project, they want to take over now. Funny thing is if the fuckwit army had simply behaved themselves, they'd have gotten a high quality guide for free. But with a who's who of fucktards on it? Should make for a nice train wreck.

Wow, this is rather sad.  I was honestly interested in this guide.  It would have been helpful to at least have gotten base numbers and things in.  Sunic, if asked in PM would you provide info or are you totally dropping the idea?

Originally, I would have said something to the effect of "Yes, I will help non fuckwits". There's just one problem. Lowest Common Denominator. It's very common on forums, and anywhere public. Put simply, helping the non fuckwits also means helping the fuckwits, therefore no one gets helped because the fuckwits don't deserve it. And since I know now I can't trust the non fuckwits to keep it to themselves, well you have the disrespectful little gits to thank for losing out on a valuable resource. Perhaps if the fuckwits apologized for their disrespect the moment it happened, I'd have reconsidered, but they really do think they can treat me any kind of way and get away with it. So fuck it, and fuck them, and fuck anyone who claims I am anything other than absolutely right for putting those imbeciles in their place. :fo
Smiting Imbeciles since 1985.

If you hear this music, run.

And don't forget:

There is no greater contribution than Hi Welcome.

Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.

IP proofing and avoiding being CAPed OR - how to make characters relevant in the long term.

Friends don't let friends be Short Bus Hobos.

[spoiler]
Sunic may be more abrasive than sandpaper coated in chainsaws (not that its a bad thing, he really does know what he's talking about), but just posting in this thread without warning and telling him he's an asshole which, if you knew his past experiences on WotC and Paizo is flat-out uncalled for. Never mind the insults (which are clearly 4Chan-level childish). You say people like Sunic are the bane of the internet? Try looking at your own post and telling me you are better than him.

Here's a fun fact: You aren't. By a few leagues.
[/spoiler]

Sunic_Flames

• Organ Grinder
  • The Crusader of Logic.
Re: The complete guide to IP proofing OR how to survive and enjoy your campaign.
« Reply #161 on: February 26, 2011, 10:03:54 AM »
I sometimes wonder whether Sunic and the Starcraft II player Idra are one and the same...

Since it turns out this was a negative comparison...

And don't forget:

Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.

IP proofing and avoiding being CAPed OR - how to make characters relevant in the long term.

[spoiler]
Sunic may be more abrasive than sandpaper coated in chainsaws (not that its a bad thing, he really does know what he's talking about), but just posting in this thread without warning and telling him he's an asshole which, if you knew his past experiences on WotC and Paizo is flat-out uncalled for. Never mind the insults (which are clearly 4Chan-level childish). You say people like Sunic are the bane of the internet? Try looking at your own post and telling me you are better than him.

[/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #162 on: February 26, 2011, 10:11:23 AM »
By doing that you seem even more like the person as described though.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

Sunic_Flames

• Organ Grinder
  • The Crusader of Logic.
« Reply #163 on: February 26, 2011, 10:13:27 AM »
By doing that you seem even more like the person as described though.

Nope. That'd require I not have legitimate reasons for my actions, which in turn would imply that it's perfectly acceptable for the fuckwit army to say whatever they want and get away with it.

Hi Welcome

And don't forget:

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Kajhera

• Hong Kong
« Reply #164 on: February 26, 2011, 10:14:09 AM »
My dear Sunic, you cannot have expected those you have otherwise inflamed to suddenly be possessed of camaraderie, good feeling, and respect towards you. I wish such matters could at least have been kept out of a handbook thread, but when you go out of your way to make enemies, particularly if they are as you state imbecilic...  :(

You couldn't predict what might happen?

Your contribution was quite appreciated while it was up, and even those who upset you would rather the idea not die.

Buena suerte.

Gnorman

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
  • I'm a monster. Rawr.
« Reply #165 on: February 26, 2011, 11:33:55 AM »
People: don't validate petty ramblings by begging for scraps.

Thank You Goodbye
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 11:37:29 AM by Gnorman »

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
  • Aistii valoa auttavasti
    • Email
« Reply #166 on: February 26, 2011, 12:03:54 PM »
This argument has gone long enough to constitute a thread of its own. While I enjoy the drama, I think the argument should be allowed a more graceful death than this.

Well said, Gnorman.

Handy Links

SeekingKnight

• Curious George
« Reply #167 on: February 26, 2011, 01:34:50 PM »
Begging for scraps?  Honestly is being polite go the way of chivilary and respect?  I admit I first disagreed with Sunic then after a game session I realized how correct he was.  He knows what he is talking about.

@Sunic:

I understand.  Still sorry to see such a good guide go.  Take care.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #168 on: February 26, 2011, 01:38:25 PM »
Honestly is being polite go the way of chivilary and respect?
Naw, its just that Sunic is almost never polite to anyone, so people tend to start returning the favor.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

Sunic_Flames

• Organ Grinder
  • The Crusader of Logic.
« Reply #169 on: February 26, 2011, 02:16:09 PM »
 :rollseyes

Begging for scraps?  Honestly is being polite go the way of chivilary and respect?  I admit I first disagreed with Sunic then after a game session I realized how correct he was.  He knows what he is talking about.

@Sunic:

I understand.  Still sorry to see such a good guide go.  Take care.

Not even that much. I was even patient with them, but whatever. It's gone now. I do find it amusing though that most of the people who whined and flailed to ruin it are the same people that begged for it in the first place.

IBTL. :mrgreen:

And don't forget:

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Gods_Trick

• King Kong
« Reply #170 on: February 26, 2011, 02:51:21 PM »
My dear Sunic, you cannot have expected those you have otherwise inflamed to suddenly be possessed of camaraderie, good feeling, and respect towards you.

I don't feel particularly inflamed, and certainly have good will towards Sunic. Respect for his CO skills certainly.

Undoubtedly has certainly this has been a disappointing and annoying sequence. But everyone has the right the to take their ball and go home. A pity. It would be a greater pity if the idea was abandoned though.

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
« Reply #171 on: February 26, 2011, 02:54:50 PM »
My dear Sunic, you cannot have expected those you have otherwise inflamed to suddenly be possessed of camaraderie, good feeling, and respect towards you.

I don't feel particularly inflamed, and certainly have good will towards Sunic. Respect for his CO skills certainly.

Undoubtedly has certainly this has been a disappointing and annoying sequence. But everyone has the right the to take their ball and go home. A pity. It would be a greater pity if the idea was abandoned though.
Agreed.  This is one handbook that should definitely exist, but it needs to be done by someone more amniable to suggestions.  Sunic may know a lot, but he doesn't know everything and, for some reason, refuses suggestions.
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

SeekingKnight

• Curious George
« Reply #172 on: February 26, 2011, 03:02:09 PM »
Lock and delete this thread please.  No amount of chit chat will get anything accomplished.  it has taken near ten pages for this to happen.  Maybe a nice rule to implement is no posting at all in a handbook until it finished.  Then let debates or anything else be posted.  Again lock this thread.

Sunic_Flames

• Organ Grinder
  • The Crusader of Logic.
« Reply #173 on: February 26, 2011, 03:42:23 PM »

Agreed.  This is one handbook that should definitely exist, but it needs to be done by someone more amniable to suggestions.  Sunic may know a lot, but he doesn't know everything and, for some reason, refuses suggestions.

I refuse unworkable suggestions, I do not refuse suggestions. For example, before the Fail train derailed, there were quite a few things by Endarire, and even Lycan (who is quickly becoming a high level fuckwit) that would have been added.

And yes, this thread should be locked. It's not serving any purpose but encouraging people to whine and flail about me. While admittedly no one is doing so at this exact moment, that is liable to quickly change.

And don't forget:

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #174 on: February 26, 2011, 04:30:06 PM »
I refuse unworkable suggestions, I do not refuse suggestions. For example, before the Fail train derailed, there were quite a few things by Endarire, and even Lycan (who is quickly becoming a high level fuckwit) that would have been added.

And yes, this thread should be locked. It's not serving any purpose but encouraging people to whine and flail about me. While admittedly no one is doing so at this exact moment, that is liable to quickly change.
You give respect to get respect, and you spew vitriol to get it in return.

This is obviously a lesson you eschewed like you do anything you don't agree with.

And you are most certainly a person I no longer respect in any way shape or form, and your opinion of me means even less. Disagreeing with others' ideas is fine, but you're quite probably tied for the rudest person I've ever met online, given the sheer amount of vitriol and ignorance of common courtesies (and that's common courtesies; y'know, the kind that is generally received from the 'mouthbreathing fuckwits' you think are so unpleasant) you spew in nearly every post I've read from you.

Now that I've said that, I'm through. Flame all you want, Sunic. I'm out.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 04:32:33 PM by Lycanthromancer »
[spoiler]Masculine men like masculine things. Masculine men are masculine. Therefore, liking masculine men is masculine.

I dare anyone to find a hole in that logic.
[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
Which book is Lycanthromancer in?
Lyca ... is in the book. Yes he is.
 :D
shit.. concerning psionics optimization, lycan IS the book
[/spoiler]

Sunic_Flames

• Organ Grinder
  • The Crusader of Logic.
« Reply #175 on: February 26, 2011, 05:12:05 PM »
Paizil Fallacy.

Bye Welcome

And don't forget:

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

genuine

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #176 on: February 26, 2011, 05:50:53 PM »

You give respect to get respect, and you spew vitriol to get it in return.

This is obviously a lesson you eschewed like you do anything you don't agree with.

And you are most certainly a person I no longer respect in any way shape or form, and your opinion of me means even less. Disagreeing with others' ideas is fine, but you're quite probably tied for the rudest person I've ever met online, given the sheer amount of vitriol and ignorance of common courtesies (and that's common courtesies; y'know, the kind that is generally received from the 'mouthbreathing fuckwits' you think are so unpleasant) you spew in nearly every post I've read from you.

Now that I've said that, I'm through. Flame all you want, Sunic. I'm out.
Paizil Fallacy.

Bye Welcome
Assuming this is what you're talking about, that's actually an ad hominem fallacy (Sunic is a jerk, ergo nothing he says is worth listening to), not Paizil. As I understand it, Paizil fallacy is listening to fact and statistics and claiming that it is just opinion.

It's too bad, really. I originally suggested this handbook as an educational device. But instead of discussing why disguise is fail, you just complained about flailing and left. Personally, I agree with you about the disguise issue being to-easily-beatable to work well. But looking over the thread I'm seeing questions about its interactions with spot, whether Knowledge skills really help, and what other methods overcome it.

But instead of responding to a polite question (i.e. isn't it valid at low levels at least? You know, before true sight is common or easy...), you just got pissy and gave up. For that matter, you could have given your answer and ignored further discussion of it. You could have even included a FAIL-Post, where you list attempts at IPing that fail, and why they fail, so that people don't just keep posting about factotums and disguise.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 07:42:55 PM by genuine »

wotmaniac

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Emperor's Enforcer
« Reply #177 on: February 26, 2011, 06:02:02 PM »
there you go, trying to be rational with Sunic -- have you not been paying attention to this guy?  What made you think rationality and congeniality were among whatever redeeming qualities he might have?  Despite whatever virtues he actually may have, he is incapable of anything resembling good-faith due-diligence when it comes to social interaction.

[spoiler]
If you stop ignoring 289 pages telling what the intent is to stretch "more power" in your own god complexion of your interpretation trumps all to cover ability adjustments from aging then I will ignore a quarter page of rules that exist within a sidebar.
I think in this case the grammar is less important than whether the Str and Dex bonus provided to your created undead scales.

Greenbound Summoning RAI
Expanded Gestalt
More Savage Progressions[/spoiler]
Report any wrongs I have done here.

genuine

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #178 on: February 26, 2011, 06:20:49 PM »
there you go, trying to be rational with Sunic -- have you not been paying attention to this guy?  What made you think rationality and congeniality were among whatever redeeming qualities he might have?  Despite whatever virtues he actually may have, he is incapable of anything resembling good-faith due-diligence when it comes to social interaction.

Whether or not I try and be rational, polite, and congenial has absolutely nothing to do with how the other person responds. If I have something to say, I'll say it in a rational, polite and congenial manner because I am (or try to be) a rational, polite and congenial person.

I only spoke up again in this thread because it was my original suggestion in the first place and I felt a bit of responsibility for it. I also am a bit anal about the proper labeling of logical fallacy. I had something to say, and I endeavored to say it in a manner that feeds no trolls.

wotmaniac

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Emperor's Enforcer
« Reply #179 on: February 26, 2011, 06:27:15 PM »
oh, don't get me wrong -- I'm not knocking you for you effort or your approach (to the contrary -- I applaud it).
I was simply pointing out the futility of your efforts in this particular instance. :)

[spoiler]
If you stop ignoring 289 pages telling what the intent is to stretch "more power" in your own god complexion of your interpretation trumps all to cover ability adjustments from aging then I will ignore a quarter page of rules that exist within a sidebar.
I think in this case the grammar is less important than whether the Str and Dex bonus provided to your created undead scales.

Greenbound Summoning RAI
Expanded Gestalt
More Savage Progressions[/spoiler]
Report any wrongs I have done here.