Author Topic: Blade of Blood, a new weapon of legacy [PEACH]  (Read 1792 times)

Phoenix00

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
Blade of Blood, a new weapon of legacy [PEACH]
« on: February 15, 2011, 01:38:36 PM »
I am creating a custom weapon of legacy that will be used via my werewolf barbarian (that I am also currently designing).  I have shown my DM the current workup and he is presently fine with the item as it currently is but he retains the right to change it before it enters play as well as the ability to modify its abilities after some encounters.

Pretty much I need helps with the weapon enhancements that occur after the +3 which I don't get until ECL 17
Least
5   Custom   Blade of Blood
6   Menu A   Intelligent Item Minor   Level 2, two minor abilities (cure moderate wounds, called)
7   Menu A   Blood Mist
8   Custom   Improved Blood Mist
9   Menu B   Weapon Enhancement +1 (2)   Bloodstone part A
10   Menu B   Weapon Enhancement +1 (2)   Bloodstone part B
Lesser
11   Custom   Vampiric Touch (Sp), Caster Level 10, 2/day, can be used in combined with Blood Feeding
12   Menu D   Iron Heart Surge
13   Menu D   Weapon Enhancement+1 (3)   Bloodfeeding
14   Custom   Vampiric Touch (Sp), Caster Level 10, at will
15   Menu D   Initiative (+5 to Initiative)
16   Custom   Vampiric Touch (Sp), Caster Level equal to Character Level, at will
Greater
17   Menu G   Weapon Enhancement +3 (5)   A,   B,   Cunning
18   Menu G   Weapon Enhancement +2 (7)   A,   B
19   Menu G   Weapon Enhancement +1 (8)   A
20   Menu G   Weapon Enhancement +1 (9)   A

Lesser
11   Custom   Vampiric Touch (Sp), Caster Level 10, 2/day, can be used in combined with Blood Feeding
12   Menu D   Iron Heart Surge
13   Menu D   Weapon Enhancement+1 (3)   Bloodfeeding
14   Custom   Vampiric Touch (Sp), Caster Level 10, at will
15   Menu D   Initiative (+5 to Initiative)
16   Custom   Vampiric Touch (Sp), Caster Level equal to Character Level, at will

Greater
17   Menu G   Weapon Enhancement +3 (5)   A,   B,   Cunning   
18   Menu G   Weapon Enhancement +2 (7)   A,   B
19   Menu G   Weapon Enhancement +1 (8)   A
20   Menu G   Weapon Enhancement +1 (9)   A

(Explaining my Format for the paragraphs below, First Line is Level you gain the ability, second is the source if based off a previous WoL ability or me stating it is custom and justifying its cost, third line is the ability)

Least
Custom:  Based off the resizing property found in MIC p43 which cost 5,000 gp
Blade of Blood (Su):  The Blade of Blood possess the ability to change its form from any type of dagger or sword from size medium to colossal as a swift action.  It posses this ability due to its nature of imbibing blood, incorporating the red liquid into its form and changing to whatever form the will of its master wishes it.  The blade of blood thirst for blood, it needs to sate its hunger at least once every seven days.  If the blade does not feed to its satisfaction during these seven days the wielder thoughts begun to turn to violence against every nearby intelligent creature, even himself.  Once seven days has passed without a significant feeding the wielder of the Blade of Blood must make a will save of 10 ever hour to resist the compulsions of the sword, ever hour he is awake and he passes the will save his thoughts become more troubled and the dc of this will save increases by 1.  If he fails the save he is compelled to attack the nearest intelligent creature with the blade of blood trying to sate the sword's thirst.  If he is alone he turns the blade onto himself causing grievous bodily harm.  Because of how the sword hungers many wielders of the blade of blood use the sword on themselves in a sacramental masochistic manner, cutting themselves, feeding the blade, trying to delay the blade's cravings.  The wielders always have nearby magical healing nearby (through the use of items, spells, or allies), in order to prevent the sword from taking his life.  Due to how the Blade of Blood is able to change its form via the feeding of blood, it is indestructible at its core, as long its can drink blood it can repair any damage the blade can sustain.  Sundering or shattering blade is ultimately fruitless for the sword will just reform itself once it has taken blood from a new victim.  The blade of blood when unsheathed always smells of blood even if the weapon itself is completely clean.  The blade of blood remains in its last taken form when subjected to the effects of an antimagic field, it may lose its supernatural abilities as well as its magic enhancements but it is still a deadly sword.
Menu A: Intelligent Item Minor from Weapon of Legacy p189
Awake Intelligence:  The wielder of the Blade of Blood becomes aware of the blades innate sentience.  The blade of blood is a level 2 intelligent item, possess two lesser powers (the ability cure moderate wounds on the wielder 3/day and the Called property from the Magic Item Compendium page 9).  The blade of blood sees and hears around itself within a range of 60ft.  It possess an intelligence of 13, wisdom of 10, and charisma of 13.  The blade of blood communicates its wishes and thoughts empathetically with the wielder, namely for its thirst for blood.
Menu A:  Obscuring Mist  Weapon of Legacy p156
Blood Mist:  The wielder of wielder of the Blade of Blood may create a blood mist as a standard action, once per encounter.  A blood mist is as the spell obscuring mist, except the effect only lasts 1 minute and the mist is supernatural instead of magical.
Custom:  Improved form of Blood Mist
Improved Blood Mist (Su):  As Blood Mist (Su) except the area covered is equal to the character level of the wielder times five with a height of thirty feet.  Furthermore as long as the wielder of the Blade of Blood wields the sword in his hand he is unaffected via the obscuring vapors of the Blood Mist even though every other creature in the area is affected.
-----
(No ability since Weapon Enhancement Menu B takes 2 slots)
Menu B: Weapon Enhancement from Weapon of Legacy p192
+2   Bloodstone from Magic Item Compendium 29

Lesser
Custom: Based off Kouk Weapon of Legacy Fix.  The cost of Menu D abilities range from 5,000 gp to 54,000 gp with the average cost being 18,834 gp.  Vampiric Touch 2/day as a custom magic item would cost 3*10*1800*2/5=21,600
Steal Lifeforce(Sp):   Vampiric Touch: CL 10, 2/day
Custom: Based off
Blood Resilience:   You can use the Iron Heart Surge maneuver 1/encounter
Menu D: Weapon Enhancement from Weapon of Legacy p195
+3   Bloodfeeding from Magic Item Compendium p29
Custom: Based off Kouk Weapon of Legacy Fix.  Vampiric Touch as a custom magic item would cost 3*10*1800=54,000
Steal Lifeforce(Sp):   Vampiric Touch: CL 10, At Will
Menu D:  Based off Wolf's Cunning from Weapon of Legacy p175
Spry (Ex)   You receive a +5 bonus to Initiative
Custom: Based off Kouk Weapon of Legacy Fix
Steal Lifeforce(Sp):   Vampiric Touch: CL=CL, At Will

Greater
Menu G:  Weapon Enhancement:  Upgrade a +2 item to a +5 gives you 3 weapon enhancement, Weapon of Legacy p201
+3   Bloodfeeding from Magic Item Compendium p29.  Note at level 17 my Bloodstone at Level 13 becomes the Cunning ability from Weapon of Legacy p116
+4
+5
Menu G:  Weapon Enhancement:  Upgrade a +5 item to a +7 gives you 2 weapon enhancement, Weapon of Legacy p201
+6
+7
Menu G:  Weapon Enhancement:  Upgrade a +7 item to a +8 gives 1 weapon enhancement, Weapon of Legacy p201
+8
Menu G:  Weapon Enhancement:  Upgrade a +8 item to a +9 gives you 1 weapon enhancement, Weapon of Legacy p201
+9

------------------------------

So in sum I have these abilities picked out for my weapon, but I still need the bold ones
+1   ---
+2   Bloodfeeding
+3   Bloodstone
+4   Open
+5   Open
+6   Open
+7   Open
+8   Open
+9   Open

marcielle

• Monkey bussiness
Re: Blade of Blood, a new weapon of legacy [PEACH]
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 09:08:27 AM »
You still looking for suggestions?

Bloodthirst Frenzy
+3 Speed from DMG p.225
The Blade's fills you with it's very thirst, driving you into a frenzy and filling you with supernatural speed so that you may better slake it.

Bloodthirst Shift
+2 Transmuting from MIC p.45
Nothing will keep the Blade from having it's blood. The blade shifts it's very nature so that it may drink the blood of any creature regardless of it's defenses.

Bloodsense
+1 Warning from MIC p.46
The Blade now warns you when potential prey is nearby.

Bloodcrave
+1 Eager from MIC p.34
The Blade is so crazed on blood at this point that is practically jumps out of it's sheath at it's enemies.
(This is a wierd enhancement: It basically gives you + 2 Init, Quick draw for free, and +2 damage on surprise round)

These enhancements were given a higher focus on theme and flavor than minmaxing.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 09:55:18 AM by marcielle »