Author Topic: Selective Spell Ideas  (Read 1629 times)

Iskajir

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
Selective Spell Ideas
« on: February 14, 2011, 08:03:28 PM »
My build: Transmuter 5/War Weaver 5/Spellguard of Silverymoon5/Abjurant Champion 5: essentially a low-cheese, party-friendly version of Valdrex's Ultimate Warweaver.

The DM ruling: Selective Spell (Su) PGtF p76 was clearly meant to be used with spells like fireball. I asked how it would work with Solid Fog, for example. Per DM, "unaffected" characters have not ill effects at all, including  vision, movement, etc.; the fog would be a faint shadowy effect, noticeable, but unimpairing.

The question: What are the best spells to make use of this? Party is 3 meleers, 1 archer, caster cleric, and myself.

CantripN

• Hong Kong
  • Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating
    • Cantrip, Gestalt Gish
Re: Selective Spell Ideas
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 08:15:19 PM »
Anti-Magic Field comes to mind. End to Strife is another, and also Maw of Chaos, Suppressing Field...
Read, every day, something no one else is reading. Think, every day, something no one else is thinking. Do, every day, something no one else would be silly enough to do. It is bad for the mind to be always part of unanimity.

Iskajir

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
Re: Selective Spell Ideas
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 01:19:46 AM »
 :lmao

AMF makes me happy.  And Maw of Chaos just got better. If I were a blaster-type, I could now live happily-ever-after. I may have to give a pass to End to Strife. It's both a banned school, and not easily acquired for a wizard spell list.

Thanks! That definitely helps me ponder the directions I might take.