Author Topic: Hybrid or MCing a Cleric/Fighter.  (Read 3698 times)

Plainsrunner

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
Hybrid or MCing a Cleric/Fighter.
« on: February 13, 2011, 06:03:33 PM »
Making a Battle Cleric. Debating on whether it would be more useful to MC into fighter, maybe grab a Fighter paragon path later, or go Hybrid.

MC will give me more leader ability, but less fighter feel. It's also harder to get some of the fun fighter abilities (like say Combat Superiority), but can still pick a paragon path for some of the fun, and since there's little Str love in Cleric PPs.

Hybrid gives more defending ability at making me a bit less of a leader. I get free martial weapon proficiency, and can pick up hybrid talent for Scale/Shield prof or for Combat Superiority from level 1. (speaking of which can one get Hybrid Talent twice? Somewhat unclear...) Synergy in primary attribute. And works well with character personality (devotee of Helm (yes, I know doesn't exist in 4e)).

Character is Human.

Party is not yet certain (it's an online game and still doing applications), but there are 5 defender apps, and only 1 other leader.

If you have any questions, please ask.

awaken DM golem

• Organ Grinder
  • PAO'd my Avatar
Re: Hybrid or MCing a Cleric/Fighter.
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2011, 07:45:03 PM »
Not much action here these days ... so the big guides over at wotc boards are a suggestion.

Early, I was partial to the:
Wizard m Fighter / Swordmaster / Deadly Trickster
Cleric doing some of the standard healy stuff, can do this ... but it's a little MAD.
And the real gimmick is the recharge powers at 16, 20, 24 and 26 especially.
It's not really Helm-ish so ...

Any Divine into Revered One epicd (iirc) can go with any deity at level 24.
You can reflavor fluff and mechanics, to suit Helm easily at that point.
Won't do anything unusual before 24 though.