Author Topic: What should we change to reduce rocket tag?  (Read 14364 times)

Solo

• Organ Grinder
  • Solo the Sorcelator, at your service
Re: What should we change to reduce rocket tag?
« Reply #80 on: February 15, 2011, 10:46:20 PM »
Unfortunately, it takes one to know one.

"I am the Black Mage! I cast the spells that makes the peoples fall down!"

The Legend RPG, which I worked on and encourage you to read.

Anarchy_Kanya

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • Bisexuality rocks! Anarchy Rules! Anarchy Girl FTW
« Reply #81 on: February 15, 2011, 11:16:14 PM »
But I don't have it. :mad
Are there any other prereps for this prestige class?
Fly Away With Me!
We Are Angels! Anarchy!
[spoiler]
Once my 12 level VoP exalted Monk beat a Horned Devil. ALONE! The only dmg the devil could do to me was from one spell-like that he menaged to shoot out before he droped. :D
wow... you are the epitome of trolling...

Non complete list of people here that are not fuckwits: bearsarebrown, BeholderSlayer, Dictum Mortum, Ithamar, Kajhera, RelentlessImp, SeekingKnight, Shiki, Solo.
You didn't include yourself. Does that mean you're a fuckwit? ???

Hi Welcome
Then I can assume the answer to the question is "Yes".
[/spoiler]
Making Fighters special - lil project by me.

Midnight_v

• Organ Grinder
  • Dulce et decorum est pro alea mori.
« Reply #82 on: February 16, 2011, 12:50:13 AM »
Funny thing. I mentioned this conversation to my friend and he also suggested that. :)
You guys have some kind of a troll sensor? Where can I get one?

Are there any other prereps for this prestige class
LOL
Unfortunately, it takes one to know one.
I've trolled people before for the evlulz, and I doubt whisper is laughing his ass off like the "Hiya!" guy from that "vs" thread. He's serious, he doesn't get it. I think he's just incorrectly chosen his argument.
Sadly... I've learned from his something terrible. . . to Whisper... WE ARE THE PAIZILS!  :lol
 When I look at his arguments its all the same shit we'd say if all our friends wanted to start playing 4th or Pathfinder, or pick your least favorite system that you're like  :twitch "-fuck no." about and the only explanation why you're getting is "Because its FUN!" or "We don't like yo' kind round here, boy." and you'll totally get it to.
  So therefore, I feel him, on where he's coming from, cause I've been there too. I have to apologize to you Whisper. I'm sorry I was wrong.
That doesn't mean that you're not pandering to the wrong audience though. Now I'm generally interested in your question, "Why D&D".
\\\"Disentegrate.\\\" \\\"Gust of wind.\\\" \\\"Now Can we PLEASE resume saving the world?\\\"

Sunic_Flames

• Organ Grinder
  • The Crusader of Logic.
« Reply #83 on: February 16, 2011, 10:36:52 AM »
ITT: Whisper gets bad touched by D&D, and whines about it some more.

Hi Welcome

You don't seem to get it. You're a rat pressing a lever, you spend all your time arguing about lever-pressing techniques, and you fuss when anyone asks whether pressing the lever at all is a good idea, possibly because you've invested a lot of time and effort in lever-pressing, or lever-pressing is a little pond for you to be a big fish in. I don't know.

Me? Well, I like design. I point out that D&D sucks, and some people agree; but actions speak louder than words. If they keep playing it, then maybe the message hasn't sunk in.

If you're really such a fine analytical mind, as opposed to just a creepy guy with an obsession, then you should be able to design a system that works. Hell, you can even start with D&D if you like.

Go on, give us one. What would you change?

I'm a rat pushing a lever. You're a rat having mad sex with a lever, because it's the only thing that will give you some. Who wins here?

Now originally your points were very unimaginative, but at least understandable. After all, everyone needs to rant sometimes, so I was very patient with you while you did so. But you have long since passed the point of being funny or informative. After all, your core point is that D&D is a flawed system. Would you like a fucking cookie? You then go on to pretend as if this is not true of every other system out there. Some are more or less flawed than others, but every single system had problems. There is no such thing as perfection. Additionally, D&D happens to be the least flawed of these systems, in addition to being the most popular (important, when you need people to play with or you can't play). These facts might or might not be related. Regardless though, you continue to whine and flail about D&D, making analogies about it that cross the line even by the standards of the most deliberately offensive mother fucker on these entire boards.

What? Do you expect to go into the desert for 40 years and find the Holy Grail - the One True System that works without flaws? Because you'll just find that there is SAND on your boots. And get run down by giant yellow chickens.

Now you can make outlandishly retarded comparisons such as calling people that like D&D victims of domestic abuse or suffering from a mental disability that unlike simply calling them a retard people actually take seriously, or you can accept the world isn't some perfect place, and you aren't some perfect little snowflake, and chances are the reason why your group isn't very eager to go along with your plans is because you are a mouth breathing fuckwit who does all the things I said and more.
Smiting Imbeciles since 1985.

If you hear this music, run.

And don't forget:

There is no greater contribution than Hi Welcome.

Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.

IP proofing and avoiding being CAPed OR - how to make characters relevant in the long term.

Friends don't let friends be Short Bus Hobos.

[spoiler]
Sunic may be more abrasive than sandpaper coated in chainsaws (not that its a bad thing, he really does know what he's talking about), but just posting in this thread without warning and telling him he's an asshole which, if you knew his past experiences on WotC and Paizo is flat-out uncalled for. Never mind the insults (which are clearly 4Chan-level childish). You say people like Sunic are the bane of the internet? Try looking at your own post and telling me you are better than him.

Here's a fun fact: You aren't. By a few leagues.
[/spoiler]