Author Topic: What should we change to reduce rocket tag?  (Read 14347 times)

SeekingKnight

• Curious George
Re: What should we change to reduce rocket tag?
« Reply #60 on: February 15, 2011, 05:10:31 PM »
Ahhh ok I see.  Whisper I understand where you are coming from.  I personally love BESM more but D&D is a great system too.  Only thing I disagree with is that 3.5 is painful.  While the system itself as WotC designed is flawed other companies did a faily good job, True 20 and Blue Rose stand out to me.  OGL gave the table top world a nice amount of stuff to use in a plug and play system.  Additional rules can be used or not.

Whisper

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
« Reply #61 on: February 15, 2011, 06:05:52 PM »
Ahhh ok I see.  Whisper I understand where you are coming from.  I personally love BESM more but D&D is a great system too. 

What's "BESM"?

Only thing I disagree with is that 3.5 is painful.  While the system itself as WotC designed is flawed other companies did a faily good job, True 20 and Blue Rose stand out to me.  OGL gave the table top world a nice amount of stuff to use in a plug and play system.

It's just broken on such a basic level that the SRD is broken, too. And the list of what you wouldn't have to replace to fix it is shorter than the list of what you would.

Shadeseraph

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: February 15, 2011, 06:21:03 PM »
What's "BESM"?
An anime based RPG. It's complete name is Big Eyes Small Mouth, though you can search for it as BESM, as the company itself calls it like that. It's a point based system which eventually turned D20 and went down the drown.

The D20 version was horrendously broken, while many people says that the old version (pre D20) is pretty decent. It's one of the systems I have yet to get my hands on (grammar?).
[spoiler]
I hate mouth breathing fuckwits who go around spouting lies, even after being corrected on those lies, and that bait mods into helping to defend their wrongness and fail. I also hate the MBFs that don't understand the meaning of words, and that can't get a fucking clue.
Hey! I like spouting lies. It's very entertaining to observe how people on the internet are buffing their small egos by declaring victories over some stupid MBFs. :smirk
Also - I hate people who use too smart words that I don't understand. :mad

Hi Welcome

Go fuck yourself, because others won't do it for you.

Stop flirting you two.  :p
[/spoiler]

SeekingKnight

• Curious George
« Reply #63 on: February 15, 2011, 06:22:48 PM »
Drivethrurpg should have it for sale.  There is up to 3rd edition for BESM at the moment.

Sunic_Flames

• Organ Grinder
  • The Crusader of Logic.
« Reply #64 on: February 15, 2011, 08:15:34 PM »
ITT: Whisper gets bad touched by D&D, and whines about it some more.

Hi Welcome
Smiting Imbeciles since 1985.

If you hear this music, run.

And don't forget:

There is no greater contribution than Hi Welcome.

Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.

IP proofing and avoiding being CAPed OR - how to make characters relevant in the long term.

Friends don't let friends be Short Bus Hobos.

[spoiler]
Sunic may be more abrasive than sandpaper coated in chainsaws (not that its a bad thing, he really does know what he's talking about), but just posting in this thread without warning and telling him he's an asshole which, if you knew his past experiences on WotC and Paizo is flat-out uncalled for. Never mind the insults (which are clearly 4Chan-level childish). You say people like Sunic are the bane of the internet? Try looking at your own post and telling me you are better than him.

Here's a fun fact: You aren't. By a few leagues.
[/spoiler]

Anarchy_Kanya

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • Bisexuality rocks! Anarchy Rules! Anarchy Girl FTW
« Reply #65 on: February 15, 2011, 08:20:52 PM »

Hi Welcome
Yeah. He's stating obvious (Hello, it's BG, for Sharess sake!) and whining about it.

BTW. What's ITT?
Fly Away With Me!
We Are Angels! Anarchy!
[spoiler]
Once my 12 level VoP exalted Monk beat a Horned Devil. ALONE! The only dmg the devil could do to me was from one spell-like that he menaged to shoot out before he droped. :D
wow... you are the epitome of trolling...

Non complete list of people here that are not fuckwits: bearsarebrown, BeholderSlayer, Dictum Mortum, Ithamar, Kajhera, RelentlessImp, SeekingKnight, Shiki, Solo.
You didn't include yourself. Does that mean you're a fuckwit? ???

Hi Welcome
Then I can assume the answer to the question is "Yes".
[/spoiler]
Making Fighters special - lil project by me.

Shadeseraph

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: February 15, 2011, 08:27:59 PM »
I Think That. I know you aren't an english native speaker (just like me), so, I'll give you some help. For every strange achronym, go here: http://www.urbandictionary.com
[spoiler]
I hate mouth breathing fuckwits who go around spouting lies, even after being corrected on those lies, and that bait mods into helping to defend their wrongness and fail. I also hate the MBFs that don't understand the meaning of words, and that can't get a fucking clue.
Hey! I like spouting lies. It's very entertaining to observe how people on the internet are buffing their small egos by declaring victories over some stupid MBFs. :smirk

Hi Welcome

[/spoiler]

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
  • Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.
« Reply #67 on: February 15, 2011, 08:31:51 PM »
I Think That. I know you aren't an english native speaker (just like me), so, I'll give you some help. For every strange achronym, go here: http://www.urbandictionary.com
It actually stands for "In This Topic." "I Think That" originates from some "helpful" advice 4chan once gave to newcomers, I believe.

Shadeseraph

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: February 15, 2011, 08:34:31 PM »
I stand corrected. And right now, every help I give shall be taken with a grain of salt, at least in the language department. Well, urban dictionary is still helpful sometimes.

Sorry for the confusion.
[spoiler]

Hi Welcome

[/spoiler]

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #69 on: February 15, 2011, 08:38:51 PM »
It's understandable; taken in context, the two are feasibly interchangeable.

Sunic_Flames

• Organ Grinder
  • The Crusader of Logic.
« Reply #70 on: February 15, 2011, 08:53:40 PM »
Lol.

Well I Think That implies uncertainty in the conclusion. In This Topic is a statement of fact regarding the contents of said topic. If you can't take yourself seriously, no one else will either.
Smiting Imbeciles since 1985.

If you hear this music, run.

And don't forget:

There is no greater contribution than Hi Welcome.

Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.

IP proofing and avoiding being CAPed OR - how to make characters relevant in the long term.

Friends don't let friends be Short Bus Hobos.

[spoiler]
Sunic may be more abrasive than sandpaper coated in chainsaws (not that its a bad thing, he really does know what he's talking about), but just posting in this thread without warning and telling him he's an asshole which, if you knew his past experiences on WotC and Paizo is flat-out uncalled for. Never mind the insults (which are clearly 4Chan-level childish). You say people like Sunic are the bane of the internet? Try looking at your own post and telling me you are better than him.

Here's a fun fact: You aren't. By a few leagues.
[/spoiler]

Whisper

« Reply #71 on: February 15, 2011, 09:06:04 PM »

Hi Welcome

You don't seem to get it. You're a rat pressing a lever, you spend all your time arguing about lever-pressing techniques, and you fuss when anyone asks whether pressing the lever at all is a good idea, possibly because you've invested a lot of time and effort in lever-pressing, or lever-pressing is a little pond for you to be a big fish in. I don't know.

Me? Well, I like design. I point out that D&D sucks, and some people agree; but actions speak louder than words. If they keep playing it, then maybe the message hasn't sunk in.

If you're really such a fine analytical mind, as opposed to just a creepy guy with an obsession, then you should be able to design a system that works. Hell, you can even start with D&D if you like.

Go on, give us one. What would you change?

Anarchy_Kanya

« Reply #72 on: February 15, 2011, 09:16:44 PM »

Hi Welcome

You don't seem to get it. You're a rat pressing a lever, you spend all your time arguing about lever-pressing techniques, and you fuss when anyone asks whether pressing the lever at all is a good idea, possibly because you've invested a lot of time and effort in lever-pressing, or lever-pressing is a little pond for you to be a big fish in. I don't know.

Me? Well, I like design. I point out that D&D sucks, and some people agree; but actions speak louder than words. If they keep playing it, then maybe the message hasn't sunk in.

If you're really such a fine analytical mind, as opposed to just a creepy guy with an obsession, then you should be able to design a system that works. Hell, you can even start with D&D if you like.

It'll be quicker to count the things that don't need change. :P
Fly Away With Me!
We Are Angels! Anarchy!
[spoiler]
Once my 12 level VoP exalted Monk beat a Horned Devil. ALONE! The only dmg the devil could do to me was from one spell-like that he menaged to shoot out before he droped. :D

Non complete list of people here that are not fuckwits: bearsarebrown, BeholderSlayer, Dictum Mortum, Ithamar, Kajhera, RelentlessImp, SeekingKnight, Shiki, Solo.

Hi Welcome
[/spoiler]

wotmaniac

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Emperor's Enforcer
« Reply #73 on: February 15, 2011, 09:18:41 PM »
Really?
You come in here, take a (unprovoked) big fat shit all over the preferred game of this site (sans specifics, even), boast about the grandiosity of your own analytic mind, and then have the gal to insist that someone else propose their idea of how to design a game.
And to top it off, when pressed for your solutions, all you can do is randomly mention not-really-relevant stuff that some other company happened to put out.

If you're so awesome, then hows about you actually show us simpletons how it's really done.   :marx

[spoiler]
If you stop ignoring 289 pages telling what the intent is to stretch "more power" in your own god complexion of your interpretation trumps all to cover ability adjustments from aging then I will ignore a quarter page of rules that exist within a sidebar.
I think in this case the grammar is less important than whether the Str and Dex bonus provided to your created undead scales.

Greenbound Summoning RAI
Expanded Gestalt
More Savage Progressions[/spoiler]
Report any wrongs I have done here.

Whisper

« Reply #74 on: February 15, 2011, 09:21:11 PM »

It'll be quicker to count the things that don't need change. :P

Precisely.

And what better way to point that out than to have people try it, and see for themselves just how deep that rabbit hole goes?

SeekingKnight

• Curious George
« Reply #75 on: February 15, 2011, 09:21:31 PM »
First thing I would change is making sure any system programmer who is over analytic and has a serious case of rectal crainial disease not be allowed to look at the game.  Second I would have a nice disclaimer saying we know that not everything can be 125% perfect and we are human, still to enjoy said product.  

Anarchy_Kanya

« Reply #76 on: February 15, 2011, 09:28:48 PM »
First thing I would change is making sure any system programmer who is over analytic and has a serious case of rectal crainial disease not be allowed to look at the game.  Second I would have a nice disclaimer saying we know that not everything can be 125% perfect and we are human, still to enjoy said product.  
+1 and +1  :clap
Fly Away With Me!
We Are Angels! Anarchy!
[spoiler]

Hi Welcome
[/spoiler]

Solo

• Organ Grinder
  • Solo the Sorcelator, at your service
« Reply #77 on: February 15, 2011, 09:55:43 PM »
Really?
You come in here, take a (unprovoked) big fat shit all over the preferred game of this site (sans specifics, even), boast about the grandiosity of your own analytic mind, and then have the gal to insist that someone else propose their idea of how to design a game.
And to top it off, when pressed for your solutions, all you can do is randomly mention not-really-relevant stuff that some other company happened to put out.

If you're so awesome, then hows about you actually show us simpletons how it's really done.   :marx
Why are you taking him seriously? In my opinion, it is a fatal mistake.

"I am the Black Mage! I cast the spells that makes the peoples fall down!"

The Legend RPG, which I worked on and encourage you to read.

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #78 on: February 15, 2011, 10:09:05 PM »
Really?

Why are you taking him seriously? In my opinion, it is a fatal mistake.
I see what you did there.

Anarchy_Kanya

« Reply #79 on: February 15, 2011, 10:46:00 PM »
Funny thing. I mentioned this conversation to my friend and he also suggested that. :)
You guys have some kind of a troll sensor? Where can I get one?
Fly Away With Me!
We Are Angels! Anarchy!
[spoiler]

Hi Welcome
[/spoiler]