Author Topic: Changeling half-fey useelie fey (gestalt) Rogue ACF 3//Marshal 1  (Read 6999 times)

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
Re: Changeling half-fey useelie fey (gestalt) Beguiler 3//Marshal 1
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2011, 08:21:59 PM »
You don't have a 14+ Con. Remedy that. You can stand losing a few points in Charisma for it. LIVING is more important.
Con 14 -4 (half-fey and useelie fey). :(
I want high Cha. I know it might be stupid, but for me it's a too big sacrifice.
If you're doing dirty tricks, you might want to consider faerie mysteries initiate for int to hp instead of con.

I keep forgetting that damn feat. It does require you to have sex with a fey every day... and I'm not seeing the downside.
Not every day.  The benefits last forever once they've been triggered.

Mind you, it's a pretty decent pickup line.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

RelentlessImp

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2011, 09:01:18 PM »
You don't have a 14+ Con. Remedy that. You can stand losing a few points in Charisma for it. LIVING is more important.
I want high Cha. I know it might be stupid, but for me it's a too big sacrifice.
If you're doing dirty tricks, you might want to consider faerie mysteries initiate for int to hp instead of con.

I keep forgetting that damn feat. It does require you to have sex with a fey every day... and I'm not seeing the downside.

Huh. I read it as a daily fifteen minute ritual. I skipped the line that said you keep the benefits til the next ritual.

...For some reason, I want to keep the mistaken interpretation.
Solo on Essentials
I prepared irresistible phantasmal killer today... as a 4th level spell.
"He hit me with a flaming garbage can...and then the god damn hobo next to it!"

Kajhera

• Hong Kong
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2011, 09:28:12 PM »

Huh. I read it as a daily fifteen minute ritual. I skipped the line that said you keep the benefits til the next ritual.

...For some reason, I want to keep the mistaken interpretation.

I now know the most popular feat in my society of psionic grey elves.

Hallack

• Hong Kong
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2011, 11:13:21 AM »
Anarchy_Kanya, another thing I have found useful for casting discretely is Sleight of Hand with the expanded rules presented in Races of Stone.  Basically you can hide (opposed by Spot) that you are casting a spell.  This use hides both verbal and somatic aspects of the casting if successful which I have found damn useful and worth burning some Skill Points.
Placeholder - T'tosc

Anarchy_Kanya

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • Bisexuality rocks! Anarchy Rules! Anarchy Girl FTW
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2011, 11:38:44 AM »
Okay, that helps. Thanks.

What about equipment? We're playing in Eberron. I already bought Vestment of Many Styles, but don't know what else would be good to buy. The charakter isn't meant to fight, so don't bother with weapons or armor.
Fly Away With Me!
We Are Angels! Anarchy!
[spoiler]
Once my 12 level VoP exalted Monk beat a Horned Devil. ALONE! The only dmg the devil could do to me was from one spell-like that he menaged to shoot out before he droped. :D
wow... you are the epitome of trolling...

Non complete list of people here that are not fuckwits: bearsarebrown, BeholderSlayer, Dictum Mortum, Ithamar, Kajhera, RelentlessImp, SeekingKnight, Shiki, Solo.
You didn't include yourself. Does that mean you're a fuckwit? ???

Hi Welcome
Then I can assume the answer to the question is "Yes".
[/spoiler]
Making Fighters special - lil project by me.

Hallack

• Hong Kong
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2011, 11:51:59 AM »
Another Dip for you to consider is the Rogue ACF for quicker Gather Information and Taking 10 on several social/spying skill checks.
Placeholder - T'tosc

Anarchy_Kanya

« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2011, 12:14:42 PM »
I considered taking the changeling rogue ACF when I level up. I'll go Beguiler 4//Marshal 1/Rogue ACF 1.
Fly Away With Me!
We Are Angels! Anarchy!
[spoiler]
Once my 12 level VoP exalted Monk beat a Horned Devil. ALONE! The only dmg the devil could do to me was from one spell-like that he menaged to shoot out before he droped. :D

Non complete list of people here that are not fuckwits: bearsarebrown, BeholderSlayer, Dictum Mortum, Ithamar, Kajhera, RelentlessImp, SeekingKnight, Shiki, Solo.

Hi Welcome
[/spoiler]

Hallack

• Hong Kong
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2011, 01:02:10 PM »
If the campaign will allow for or have much use for Gather Information then it is a huge boon. 
Placeholder - T'tosc

Anarchy_Kanya

« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2011, 02:32:35 PM »
Oh, it will. It's somewhat a detective story.
Fly Away With Me!
We Are Angels! Anarchy!
[spoiler]

Hi Welcome
[/spoiler]

Anarchy_Kanya

« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2011, 09:13:25 AM »
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

So on next level I will go Beguiler 4//Marshal 1/Changeling Rogue ACF 1.
What next? There will be only 1 or 2 level ups, so the choice is important.
Maybe Factotum?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 06:58:42 PM by Anarchy_Kanya »
Fly Away With Me!
We Are Angels! Anarchy!
[spoiler]

Hi Welcome
[/spoiler]

Carnap

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2011, 06:53:45 AM »
I'd pick Binder 1. Naberius grants ability to take 10 on Bluff and Diplomacy as well as bonus to these checks (+4 or +2, I don't remember). If you have a space to grab Improved Binding feat (by retraining one of your old feats), binder dip becomes even more tasty, because you gain Malphas and his Bird's Eye Viewing.

Anarchy_Kanya

« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2011, 08:22:57 PM »
A little change of plans. Now it looks like that: Changeling Rogue 3 // Marshal 1.
I'm going Rogue all the way, but don't know what to take on the other side. I'm, looking for something that benefits from my high Charisma (28) and helps in social situations or in defending myself. Marshal doesn't give me anything useful at 2nd level. I look up Binder, but he kinda doesn't fit my RPing concept.

EDIT: I checked the binder and I don't like him. He doesn't give me anything useful and what could be useful (Naberius) I already have from Rogue ACF.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 08:43:53 PM by Anarchy_Kanya »
Fly Away With Me!
We Are Angels! Anarchy!
[spoiler]

Hi Welcome
[/spoiler]

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2011, 11:03:57 PM »
Well, if you're going the same power level as the previous idea, stick a couple of levels of ghost on and watch magic happen.

Other than that, phrenic works well, as would dark or a couple of levels of half-celestial or half-fiend
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

Carnap

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2011, 05:06:56 AM »
EDIT: I checked the binder and I don't like him. He doesn't give me anything useful and what could be useful (Naberius) I already have from Rogue ACF.

Are you talking about Clairaudience/Clairvoyance at will, with unlimited range and without restriction of knowing location?

Shadeseraph

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2011, 09:34:23 AM »
Please, A_K, spoiler those NSFW images :P. Some of us are working (:lmao).

I'll be posting later. This seems like a fun character.
[spoiler]
I hate mouth breathing fuckwits who go around spouting lies, even after being corrected on those lies, and that bait mods into helping to defend their wrongness and fail. I also hate the MBFs that don't understand the meaning of words, and that can't get a fucking clue.
Hey! I like spouting lies. It's very entertaining to observe how people on the internet are buffing their small egos by declaring victories over some stupid MBFs. :smirk
Also - I hate people who use too smart words that I don't understand. :mad

Hi Welcome

Go fuck yourself, because others won't do it for you.

Stop flirting you two.  :p
[/spoiler]

Shadeseraph

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2011, 02:26:01 PM »
Ok, I was AFB, so I couldn't say much. Let's see now:

First, a class usually ignored because for normal games its usefulness is generally low: Cabinet Trickster, from Races of Eberron. 6 skill points per level, Change Shape and Read Thoughts at will with a DC based on charisma and class level, some small bonuses to bluff, intimidate and sense motive and a pair of feats (Racial Emulation can be fun for a spy). And, well, some tricks which can be useful.

That said, in the higher levels this loses utility due to nonscaling DCs

For the levels before that, try incarnate. They are awesome for any skill based character, and gestalting it with a rogue means you don't have to worry about losing skill points or attack bonus. 2 levels of incarnate gives you 3 melds, 2 essentia and a chakra bind. Silvertongue Mask with 2 essentia gives +6 insight to bluff and diplomacy. And you can chose your melds everymorning, and most are utility based, so that's a win.

Personally, and following your build, I'd go:

Changeling half-fey useelie fey rogue X // Marshal 1 / Incarnate 3 / Cabinet Trickster 5 / Chameleon X
Feats: Extra Essentia, Shape soulmeld (Blink shirt) [At will teleport is always good for an infiltrator], Force of Personality, Skill focus (Diplomacy), Persona Inmersion, Racial Emulation, Able Learner, and anything else you want.
[spoiler]
I hate mouth breathing fuckwits who go around spouting lies, even after being corrected on those lies, and that bait mods into helping to defend their wrongness and fail. I also hate the MBFs that don't understand the meaning of words, and that can't get a fucking clue.
Hey! I like spouting lies. It's very entertaining to observe how people on the internet are buffing their small egos by declaring victories over some stupid MBFs. :smirk

Hi Welcome

[/spoiler]

BeholderSlayer

• Hong Kong
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2011, 03:07:35 PM »
Holy shit, that thread bump .gif is so going in my repertoire. It is made of win and awesome.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 03:20:56 PM by BeholderSlayer »
Hi Welcome
[spoiler]
Allow me to welcome you both with my literal words and with an active display of how much you fit in by being tone deaf, dumb, and uncritical of your babbling myself.[/spoiler]

Anarchy_Kanya

« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2011, 07:57:20 PM »

Are you talking about Clairaudience/Clairvoyance at will, with unlimited range and without restriction of knowing location?
Are you talking about Malphas, a 2nd level vestige that I won't get until 3rd Binder level? We will get only 1-2 levels max. It will be a short adventure.
I could take Bind Vestige and Improved Bind Vestige but... is it worth 2 feats?

@ Shadeseraph
Only 1-2 levels.

What about Warlock? Beguiling Influence would boost my 3 most important skills and give some way of offence.
Fly Away With Me!
We Are Angels! Anarchy!
[spoiler]

Hi Welcome
[/spoiler]

Shadeseraph

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
Re: Changeling half-fey useelie fey (gestalt) Rogue ACF 3//Marshal 1
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2011, 08:56:04 PM »
For only a pair of levels, I still think incarnate is far better. It gives far more versatility. 2 incarnate levels = 3 soulmelds, 2 essentia and 1 chakra bind.

Interesting melds:
-Dissolving Spittle: ranged touch attack, 1D6 acid damage as a Su ability (no OA, no SR...). Can go up to 3D6 if you put essentia in it.
-Enigma Helm: Protection against divination, Will bonus, immunity against enchantment (charm) effects if binded.
-Crystal Helm: +2 will against charm & compulsion, +essentia to AC, attacks gain force descriptor if binded.
-Airstep Sandals: Fly 10+10*essentia.
-Silvertongue Mask: +2+2*essentia to bluff & diplomacy
-Truthseeker Googles: +2+2*essentia to Gather information, Search and Sense Motive
-Spellward Shirt: 5+4*essentia SR
-Fellmist Robe: 10+5*essentia % concealment.

If you really want, you could take both Warlock/DFA 1 & Incarnate 1. That would mean only 2 melds and 1 essentia, but you can fix that with Bonus Essentia (for an extra 2 essentia points), and the bonuses from silvertongue mask and Beguiling Influence stack.

If you go binder, the best idea is to get both levels and get Improved Binding. That would grant you straight access to 2nd lvl vestiges.
[spoiler]

Hi Welcome

[/spoiler]