Author Topic: No core Magic  (Read 16160 times)

lans

• King Kong
    • Email
Re: No core Magic
« Reply #60 on: February 16, 2011, 02:52:16 PM »
Gods_Trick:  Truenamer
Midnight_v: Shadowcaster, or Melee Warrior
Littha: ?? / Shadow Sentinel
Amechra: Warlock / Io7V
The_Mad_Linguist: Spellthief?
Shadeseraph: Incarnate/DFA or Binder/Crusader
Bkdubs123: Factotum?/Warblade?
Kaelik:

Is this still right as far as who's playing what?
Skill prodigy from Kingdoms of Kalamar

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #61 on: February 16, 2011, 03:01:10 PM »
Yeah, I'm a spellthief.
Ability score math
STR 12 DEX 16 CON 14 INT 12 WIS 8 CHA 15 (32 point buy)
+2 dex -2 wis  +2 cha +1 cha (levels)
STR 12 DEX 18 CON 14 INT 12 WIS 6 CHA 18
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 10:25:05 PM by The_Mad_Linguist »
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

Shadeseraph

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: February 16, 2011, 07:05:37 PM »
I'm playing the Binder/crusader. Some details to polish, like equipment, but it's almost complete. I think I'm going to redo the character sheet in myth weavers... TML's looks awesome.

Final level / point buy amount? Looks like TML has assumed lvl 7 & 36 points. If that's the appropiate amount, I have some changes to do. (I assumed lvl 6 & 32 points)

EDIT: Ok, NVM, it was a work in progress. So level 6 and 32 PB it is.

BTW, how much reflavouring do you allow?
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 05:42:19 AM by Shadeseraph »
[spoiler]
I hate mouth breathing fuckwits who go around spouting lies, even after being corrected on those lies, and that bait mods into helping to defend their wrongness and fail. I also hate the MBFs that don't understand the meaning of words, and that can't get a fucking clue.
Hey! I like spouting lies. It's very entertaining to observe how people on the internet are buffing their small egos by declaring victories over some stupid MBFs. :smirk
Also - I hate people who use too smart words that I don't understand. :mad

Hi Welcome

Go fuck yourself, because others won't do it for you.

Stop flirting you two.  :p
[/spoiler]

Krika

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
« Reply #63 on: February 16, 2011, 07:10:02 PM »
I was interested in playing. DFA, Shadowcaster, Binder, or Truenamer. Probably one of the last 3, although I'm leaving it open based on what party composition we come up with and what others wish to play. Is it alright if I join, or are there two many people?

Littha

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: February 16, 2011, 07:29:12 PM »
Depending which group I get in I will build to fill holes in composition.

free reign i would probably try and work out some shadowcaster gish concept...

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #65 on: February 16, 2011, 10:21:57 PM »
I'm playing the Binder/crusader. Some details to polish, like equipment, but it's almost complete. I think I'm going to redo the character sheet in myth weavers... TML's looks awesome.

Final level / point buy amount? Looks like TML has assumed lvl 7 & 36 points. If that's the appropiate amount, I have some changes to do. (I assumed lvl 6 & 32 points)

That's 32 points, and level 6 (I'm using lesser d'hin'ni.  They get +2 cha +2 dex -2 wis)
Planetouched Handbook

lans

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: February 17, 2011, 01:54:50 AM »
I was interested in playing. DFA, Shadowcaster, Binder, or Truenamer. Probably one of the last 3, although I'm leaving it open based on what party composition we come up with and what others wish to play. Is it alright if I join, or are there two many people?
Thats fine, though I'm banning the summoning vestige. I think its going to be too powerful with what were working with.

Shadeseraph

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: February 17, 2011, 05:45:14 AM »

That's 32 points, and level 6 (I'm using lesser d'hin'ni.  They get +2 cha +2 dex -2 wis)

I saw the sheet before you reworked it (an older character?). It was a mechanuswhatever Spellthief 5 / DM Heir 2. Now that I think about it, I should have noticed that it didn't match your previous sketch (it wasn't godsblood). Sorry for the misunderstanding.

EDIT: In fact, I have to thank you for showing the previous sheet. I'm not too versed on equipment optimization, but that character had some nice ideas, such as the Cyrite material for the armor. A non-slotted cloak of resistance +1 for half the price? yes, thanks.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 06:14:24 AM by Shadeseraph »
[spoiler]
I hate mouth breathing fuckwits who go around spouting lies, even after being corrected on those lies, and that bait mods into helping to defend their wrongness and fail. I also hate the MBFs that don't understand the meaning of words, and that can't get a fucking clue.
Hey! I like spouting lies. It's very entertaining to observe how people on the internet are buffing their small egos by declaring victories over some stupid MBFs. :smirk

Hi Welcome

[/spoiler]

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #68 on: February 17, 2011, 05:52:39 AM »
I guess mythweavers didn't save my changes even though it said it did... eh, whatever.
Planetouched Handbook

Shadeseraph

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #69 on: February 17, 2011, 09:23:16 AM »
Well, It's almost done. Some tweaking to do with nonmagical equipment and descriptions, but, overall, I think it's done:

Ryhel Deis
[spoiler]

Hi Welcome

[/spoiler]

Gods_Trick

• King Kong
« Reply #70 on: February 17, 2011, 10:06:45 AM »

Just bumping the question. Are we using any of the fixes for Truenamers, and is it considered an arcane or divine class?

Shadeseraph

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #71 on: February 17, 2011, 10:52:11 AM »
I made a summary of the rules as far as we know them from the posts of lans. The truenamer "fix" is present there:

Truenamer casting is also modified:
I changed truenaming calculations to 15+1.5*CR. Not a big change, but 45 vs level 20 is much more doable than 55.  

EDIT: I'm using a custom magic item, a pair of Armbands of Lesser Strength +1 for 1000 gp. Any problem?
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 10:56:15 AM by Shadeseraph »
[spoiler]

Hi Welcome

[/spoiler]

Kaelik

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #72 on: February 17, 2011, 11:09:26 AM »
How about a pair of reincarnated dvati dragonfire adepts?

Midnight_v

• Organ Grinder
  • Dulce et decorum est pro alea mori.
« Reply #73 on: February 17, 2011, 07:06:29 PM »
Hmm... we still doing this? Seems like some major lag.
\\\"Disentegrate.\\\" \\\"Gust of wind.\\\" \\\"Now Can we PLEASE resume saving the world?\\\"

lans

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #74 on: February 19, 2011, 01:23:09 AM »
Sorry, this is taking longer than I thought it would.

Funny thing is that if this was live we would of had almost of of this stuff settled in an hour.

The armband+1 is fine.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 01:26:08 AM by lans »

Shadeseraph

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #75 on: February 19, 2011, 05:35:07 AM »
Nice, my char is done then, except for the fluff. I'll put the link to the sheet in the post with the rules. Also, I'll link TML's sheet too. If you want a different title, just ask :P. Right now, it's "Aerie Greenwind, Spellthief extraordinaire".

BTW, I just realized the dragonborn can make dive attacks with any piercing weapons, and not only talons. I've got my hands on a decent damage source now :P. I'm sure it can be abused in more focused builds than mine.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 05:54:13 AM by Shadeseraph »
[spoiler]

Hi Welcome

[/spoiler]

Littha

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #76 on: February 19, 2011, 10:51:55 AM »
I'm still looking at Shadowcaster 5/Eldrich Knight 10/??? 5 for a shadowcaster gish. Other than that I have a few characters built already depending on what the party is missing.

Shadeseraph

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #77 on: February 19, 2011, 03:58:52 PM »
Use the shadowcaster build. If you wait for the others to make a character, we will be waiting forever. Let the last ones be the ones who have to adapt to the existing group.
[spoiler]

Hi Welcome

[/spoiler]

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #78 on: February 19, 2011, 04:51:25 PM »
As is, I just want a lot of tasty SLAs in the party.

Trying to figure out what to get with my 13k... considering a legacy weapon, since some of those abilities are (sp).  I'm going to end up as the world's most eclectic utility warlock.

... let's see if anything spammable is worthwhile.  At sixth level I'd have two slot A abilities or one slot B...

A)
[spoiler]Cause fear (decent debuff if it hits)
CLW (already have)
Darkness(self only; we have a warlock)
Darkvision (could have it on the whole party... but not spectacular)
False life (10 temp hp could be good, but not spectacular)
Magic Missile (we have a warlock)
Mirror image (could be useful)
Protection from arrows(could have it on the whole party)
Resist energy (could have it up on the whole party)
See Invisibility (if nobody else can...)
Summon Monster II (Look mom!  I'm a binder!)[/spoiler]

B)[spoiler]
Charm person (swift, which means it could be spammable every round!)
Cure moderate (either as a standard action on anyone, or 1/day as a swift action only on myself.  But I already have unlimited CLW)
Flaming sphere (we have a warlock)
Locate object (interesting?  I guess?)
Lesser restoration (going to be a long while before I can spam my 1/day Restoration, so this might be useful)
Web (entangling breath makes this kind of pointless)
Whispering Wind (have it racially)[/spoiler]

Let's see.  Most of these are, combat-wise, pretty useless since it takes two rounds to pull out a free use.  The best of the lot is definitely summon monster II for the mini-Zceryll/summon elemental utility.  The others I could take or leave - recasting a buff every six minutes would get old fast, and while resist energy and protection from arrows are good, I don't necessarily see them as being worth more than some other legacy ability.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 05:14:34 PM by The_Mad_Linguist »
Planetouched Handbook

Shadeseraph

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #79 on: February 19, 2011, 10:05:23 PM »
Well, lans has forbidden the use of Zceryll, so I suppose some way to summon creatures is nice. Abysm grants Astral Construct, but he is a 8 level vestige.
[spoiler]

Hi Welcome

[/spoiler]