Author Topic: Skies of Arcadia: Red Sky Dawn  (Read 11239 times)

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
Skies of Arcadia: Red Sky Dawn
« on: July 14, 2008, 12:53:43 AM »
Bold is OOC info, and die rolls. Italics are for IC Info, and colors are for speech. You don't need to follow these guidelines, I'm just going to use them for ease of reference.

Noon peaks at the summit of Kazai, where the three stand ready to delve into its perilous depths. The Goliath lifts his massive firearm, and poises ready to leap into the lake that now fills this extinct volcano.

As he does, three others finally reach the trio above them. A hurried expression is plastered to their faces, it seems something is on their minds.

Not gonna make you guys jump through hoops to join in. All six characters are present (NPC included), and ready.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Ieniemienie

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
Re: Skies of Arcadia: Red Sky Dawn
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 04:24:24 AM »
What the hell is he thinking of doing? There is no way he can swim with that thing he is carrying! What is so important about this lake anyway? It must be huge if such a strong goliath wants to risk his life for it.
'DnD is not a game; it is a membership in a tribe that I joined long ago.'

Stupidity should be painful!

Omen of Peace

• Hong Kong
  • Wise Madman
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 06:03:19 AM »
In the furnace depths of a vulcano, deceit matters little. So Sendras is wearing his true face today: he is tall and muscular, with semi-long brown hair. His dark orange eyes are penetrating but his hawk nose and asymmetric lips (the right corner is drawn up in a perpetual grin by an old scar) detract from his handsomeness. He sports another small scar on the left of his forehead. He is wearing some tattered old clothes instead of the more elegant ones he usually likes to show off - no sense in getting them soiled. For the moment he uses his trusty guisarme, engraved with what looks like symbols of power, as a walking stick.

He considers the latecomers dubiously for a time, then his face splits into a grin.

[spoiler]OOC: So, uh, we need to decide on how much the new guys know. I don't mind you knowing everything so it's up to you. It's just that Sendras won't act the same depending on whether you're strangers (for now) or companions. We can discuss that in the OOC thread if needed.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 06:18:53 AM by Omen of Peace »
The Malazan Book of the Fallen, Steven Erikson

Smudgy

• Curious George
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2008, 12:09:35 PM »
Hobbes couldn't have been much thinner. Whipcord muscles were stretched taught across his small frame, viewable through his black bodyglove. His hair, pulled back behind him, wound into a ponytail that crawled down his back. Beneath his swirling black cloak, his mithral shirt glistens next to the reflecting waters, with a keen pair of daggers attached to the belt. His right eye is a piercing black, the other covered by a crude eyepatch.

Speaking to now one in particular, perhaps to himself, Hobbes says 'I can't swim well. But if it'll stop Zanzriu, then I'll do it.'

Hobbes then began securing his backpack and daggers, checking for any loose ends.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 12:52:30 PM by Smudgyhandsman »

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2008, 05:32:40 PM »
In the furnace of a vulcano, deceit matters little. So Sendras is wearing his true face today: he is tall and muscular, with semi-long brown hair. His dark orange eyes are penetrating but his hawk nose and asymmetric lips (the right corner is drawn up in a perpetual grin by an old scar) detract from his handsomeness. He sports another small scar on the left of his forehead. He is wearing some tattered old clothes instead of the more elegant ones he usually likes to show off - no sense in getting them soiled. For the moment he uses his trusty guisarme, engraved with what looks like symbols of power, as a walking stick.

He considers the latecomers dubiously for a time, then his face splits into a grin.

[spoiler]OOC: So, uh, we need to decide on how much the new guys know. I don't mind you knowing everything so it's up to you. It's just that Sendras won't act the same depending on whether you're strangers (for now) or companions. We can discuss that in the OOC thread if needed.[/spoiler]

They've been caught up a little with the IC info I sent them. They know Zanzriu is comming when they overheard the conversation in the inn.

Then follow me. We've only got a week before his ship gets here.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Omen of Peace

• Hong Kong
  • Wise Madman
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2008, 06:24:03 AM »
Contemplating the dark waters, Sendras says gloomily : "Ugh. Now I remember why I never came here before. Oh well, let's get it over with."

He climbs down and enters the water slowly after tying his guisarme to his backpack. Once everyone is in, he starts swimming vigorously towards their destination, the opposite shore.

Ieniemienie

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2008, 06:45:14 AM »
Kiba looks at the clumsiness of her friends with amazement and when they have all entered the water, she walks circles around them on top of the water just to tease them  :blush

Omen of Peace

• Hong Kong
  • Wise Madman
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2008, 01:19:14 PM »
Sendras makes sure to "inadvertently" splash Kiba copiously the second time she comes around. And the third, if she dares approach again.

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
  • Aistii valoa auttavasti
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2008, 08:31:42 PM »
Rox looks at the water and every single pound of his adamantine-plated body seems to dislike the very prospect of entering the lake. "My skills in this particular area are very lacking. Is it okay to walk on this body of liquid?"

Handy Links

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2008, 08:38:09 PM »
Rox looks at the water and every single pound of his adamantine-plated body seems to dislike the very prospect of entering the lake. "My skills in this particular area are very lacking. Is it okay to walk on this body of liquid?"

The water's safe. See you at the bottom.

As the goliath leaps down, he tosses the cannon he was dragging behind him onto a small island in the center of the lake. Whether or not it made the whole flight is hard to tell, but it looks like it got close.

Str of 26 will do that to you.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2008, 08:50:12 PM »
OOC:[spoiler]How deep is it? Do I start taking pressure damage if I simply fall to the bottom and walk wherever we need to go?[/spoiler]

Handy Links

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2008, 10:20:53 PM »
OOC:[spoiler]How deep is it? Do I start taking pressure damage if I simply fall to the bottom and walk wherever we need to go?[/spoiler]

Not that deep. The volcano is extinct because it got plugged up pretty shallow. The dungeon that was built before the lake filled up only helps to drain it out. You've got a good 90ft drop though.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2008, 07:40:30 AM »
Rox takes another look down to the depths carefully estimating is he capable of slowing down his descending speed with his or is he going to fall to his doom...
OOC:[spoiler]Is it possible for Rox to somehow move his arms and feet in a manner that he won't fall like a rock and die because of the drop?[/spoiler]

Handy Links

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2008, 11:35:14 AM »
Rox takes another look down to the depths carefully estimating is he capable of slowing down his descending speed with his or is he going to fall to his doom...
OOC:[spoiler]Is it possible for Rox to somehow move his arms and feet in a manner that he won't fall like a rock and die because of the drop?[/spoiler]

Falling into water is less lethal as of Stormwrack. For every 20' you drop, you need 5' of water to absorb the impact, reducing the damage by 1d6. You've got 90' of water beneath you, and a 20' drop into the crater.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Llochlyn

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2008, 03:00:16 PM »
Masaru, the tall and lithe yafutoman follows in the water while mumbling about how he will have to polish his Yari, the name he gives to guisarmes, to prevent it from rusting. 

He's always like that, strict and organized, but so lazy he hates himself.

When he is knee deep in the water, he suddenly realizes...

"Hm, I don't think I can swim that well with this armor on me..."

Ieniemienie

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2008, 03:15:13 PM »
Kiba, as helpful as she always is, offers to carry some of the equipment across the body of water;
Can I help you, Masaru, by carrying you beloved guisarme safely across the water?

Llochlyn

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2008, 04:24:49 PM »
Masaru twists his mouth, thinking.

Thanks ! If you could drag a bit more, that would be great, the yari is not the most problematic... I could even use it to paddle !

Arh, I haven't even chosen my equipment...

Ieniemienie

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2008, 08:15:16 AM »
While carrying stuff safely across the water, Kiba watches the mass of water around her for any sign of danger
[spoiler] Spot check for danger in the lake (1d20+14=24) [/spoiler]

Smudgy

• Curious George
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2008, 12:51:49 PM »
Satisfied that everything is secure, Hobbes leaps into the water after the goliath. He drops in, hardly make a ripple, and quietly swims after him.

Omen of Peace

• Hong Kong
  • Wise Madman
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2008, 11:04:41 PM »
Faced with 3 possible paths, Sendras turns around and calls out : "Anybody got a preference ? Otherwise, let's head for the middle one." And he does so if there is no objection.