Author Topic: Awakening Power (fleshing out a d20/M&M game idea)  (Read 19894 times)

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
Re: Awakening Power (fleshing out a d20/M&M game idea)
« Reply #80 on: February 04, 2011, 03:06:04 AM »
I've been learning off of the 3e Hero's Handbook, so assume 3e, if you can get ahold of it.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #81 on: February 04, 2011, 03:09:21 AM »
I think I got a sheet template lying around, but I gotta go out now.
Nick, mind grabbing my extant sheet if you can spare the time?
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: February 04, 2011, 03:29:57 AM »
I think I got a sheet template lying around, but I gotta go out now.
Nick, mind grabbing my extant sheet if you can spare the time?

I have time, I don't know where you kept your template.

Venn: I assume we are PL 7 because I have to take level caps in account for stuff.
"You'll still be living in caves."
"Hell I don't mind that."
[spoiler][/spoiler]
befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #83 on: February 04, 2011, 03:40:44 AM »
Sure, use that as a base-line. But that PL will go up a good bit as you guys get further along.

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: February 04, 2011, 03:48:25 AM »
I'll pull veekie's template later.
[spoiler][/spoiler]
befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #85 on: February 04, 2011, 09:38:31 AM »
Hey Venn, I'm almost done with character creation, I have one thing to clarify.

If I wish to blanket an area with living vegetation, do I use Create or Summon. Summon can bring up a horde of definitely living things, but they are things that can move about and do stuff which I don't want. Inanimate plants are definitely objects but Create does not specify if organic living material can be created.

What's your ruling?

EDIT

Character Done!!

Character Appearance
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Name: Katherine Young
Hair Color: Sunflower Yellow
Eye Color: Rose Red
Height / Weight: 165cm, 40kg
Build: Slim and unassuming build. She has ample assets which is cleverly hidden behind patterned clothing.
Looks: Slightly tanned from time spent under the sun, Katherine remains fair enough to be called a fair maiden. Her quietness belies a quick mind and her movements are only quiet, not graceful, although dainty enough that she can move without crushing any flowers underfoot.
Clothing: Dressed often in a patterned dress that is suitable for gardening, Katherine also carries a parasol with her and a gardening tool kit on her belt during club activities.
Power Concept: Botanical Communication, Manipulation and Creation

Backstory:
[spoiler]Daughter of a wealthy middle-upper class family. Her mother is a horticultural scientist and part time escrima instructor while her father is the chief architect of a big and influential construction corporation. Katherine is closer to her mother than her father, who also happens to be allergic to pollen and often berates his wife for not scrubbing herself clean enough whenever she returns home. Beyond these small complications, Katherine's family life is blissful and happy.

Volunteering to help her mother manage her greenhouse attached to the back of their mansion, where her mother has a private lab set up to study plant DNA in order to greate genetically superior plants, Katherine has ample knowledge on the types of flowers and plants that is cultivated. Preferring the company of plants than children who play in the same upper-class suburan district, she steadily grew into a perception that she will become like her mother when she grows up. Already her mother's private and public work had borne fruit, being responsible for several GM rice varieties as well as preserving several delicate and endangered species of plants and flowers by introducing serums that boost their genetic resilience and productivity.

Before her 16th birthday, Katherine began to imagine that the plants and flowers have began to respond more energetically to her words, and occasional snatches of thoughts and images entered her mind briefly from time to time. Asking her mother what is that she is doing, the latter had nothing to explain what Katherine is going through. On the day of her birthday Katherine's father decided to hold a party right in the greenhouse, to his wife's approval.

During the party, adolescents and younger toddlers ran about in the enclosed greenery having fun. Katherine has had time to interact and play with her peers, but this time at a place where she regarded as closer to her heart than her house, Katherine felt pangs of anxiety and concern for the safety of the plants. It did not take long before the first few flowers are roughly plucked with uncaring hands and some pots knocked down onto the ground. Katherine's mind felt every bit of sensation that the affected plants are going through, her eyes glaze over as her anger rises and for the first time in her life she went over to a young boy and smacked him across the face when he kicked and broke a trough containing a row of sunflowers. And quickly she moved to other boys, some as old as her and proceeded to give them a sound beating as a strange scent filled the greenhouse.

Acting quickly on the commotion, Katherine's father rushed over to pull the screaming Katherine back when the latter picks up her parasol on the ground and proceeded to strike him with some escrima moves that Katherine's mother taught her. Her mother ended the brawl after knocking her senseless. The boys aren't badly hurt, only minor cuts and bruises, but Katherine's father had two broken ribs from the unexpected savagery of his daughter's assult and had to be hospitalized for a week.

Shocked by her actions, Katherine rushed to her father's side when she woke up on the hospital bed to seek forgiveness and understanding. Her father smiled and accepted her apology, but remarked that to earn the forgiveness of others would take a far longer and harder road, one he is prepared to walk with her. Katherine cried as she hugged her father, realizing that while she loves plants and flowers, she is still a human being and must therefore be accountable to the others. Whatever came over her during that party slowly dawned on her mind, and she knows then that she has an ability that is not normal or human and strives to understand and avoid using it if she can.[/spoiler]

Personality:
[spoiler]Very soft spoken and gentle in manners, Katherine is the very picture of a well brought-up lady. Her grades are good enough that no teacher could find fault in her work and her conduct with others is excellent. Although polite and quiet, Katherine makes few friends short of the Horticultural club members who are far more closer to her than her own classmates. However, those who think Katherine is defenseless should be in for a shock, her mother's guidance on her escrima techniques gives her a good basic foundation for the martial art. Not strong enough to best people even on her edge, but with surprise is enough to scare away all but the determined.

Katherine has an undying passion for botany and has read up alot on the subject, most of them textbooks and articles written by her mother. She respects nature and does not discriminate between vegan and non-vegan but has sharp words to say to people who despoil plants and especially flowers before her sight.[/spoiler]

Complications:
[spoiler]Motivation (Acceptance): Despite feeling a strong and deep connection to Nature, humanity has and always have been part of that circle of life, even if the prodigal race turned his back to Nature's bounty and love in pursuit of an artificial lifestyle. This need for acceptance is made more complicated when she unwittingly hurt her father and some children during her birthday party, and the reputation that she is an ill-tempered girl has heavy social consequences, particularly in the social circles her father keeps.

Temper: Katherine abhors damage to Nature. While she accepts that as one person, she has little power to change the world, but as a member of the Horticultural club, she has at the least some authority and ability to protect whatever greenery she has access to. Should Katherine encounter anyone who would bring harm to her beloved patches of flowers and plants, the normally passive and placcid girl will fly into unrelenting rage until her message and punishment has been delivered.[/spoiler]

PL: 7
PP: 115
Stats:

Ability Scores: 12pp
[spoiler]Strength +0, Stamina +1, Agility +1, Dexterity +1, Fighting +1, Intellect +1, Awareness +1, Presence +0.[/spoiler]

Statistics: 8pp
[spoiler]Dodge (agi): +3 (+5 favored environment) (+1 ability, +2 bought, +2 favored environment)
Fortitude (stm): +3 (+5 favored environment) (+1 ability, +2 bought, +2 favored environment)
Parry (fgt): +3 (+5 favored environment) (+1 ability, +2 bought, +2 favored environment)
Toughness (stm): +4 (+6 favored environment) (+2 ability, +2 defensive roll, +2 favored environment)
Will (awr): +3 (+5 favored environment) (+1 ability, +2 bought, +2 favored environment)

Initiative (agi): +1[/spoiler]

Skills: 9pp
[spoiler]Acrobatics: +2 (+1 base, +1 bought)
Athletics: +1 (+1 base)
Close Combat (parasol): +4 (+6) (+1 base, +2 bought, +1 close attack, +2 favored environment)
Deception: +2 (+0 base, +2 attractive)
Expertise (Botany): +5 (+1 base)
Insight: +4 (+1 base, +3 bought)
Intimidation: +3 (+0 base, +2 bought)
Investigation: +1 (+1 base)
Perception: +4 (+1 base, +3 bought)
Persuasion: +3 (+0 base, +1 bought,2 attractive)
Ranged Combat: +4 (+6) (+1 base, +3 bought, +2)
Sleight of Hand: +1 (+1 base)
Stealth: +1 (+1 base)
Technology: +1 (+1 base)
Treatment: +4 (+1, +3 bought)
Vehicles: +1 (+1 base)[/spoiler]

Advantages: 10pp
[spoiler]Accurate Attack
Attractive 1
Benefits (Wealth) 1
Close Attack 1
Defensive Attack
Defensive Roll 2
Favored Environment (Vegetation)
Quick Draw
Uncanny Dodge[/spoiler]

Powers:

Nature's Communique: 17pp
[spoiler]Communication Rank 2, 4pp/rank
Action: Free
Range: 1 mile
Duration: Sustained

Area (Omnidirectional Broadcast) +1pp/rank
Selective +1pp/rank
Subtle 2pp
Limited (Plants only) -1pp/rank
Linked (With Comprehend) 1pp

Comprehend Rank 2, 2pp/rank
Action: None
Range: Personal
Duration: Permanent[/spoiler]

Nature's Impediment 2pp
[spoiler]Environment (Impede Moment) Rank 1, 2pp/rank
Action: Standard
Range: 60ft

You can impede movement through the area with high winds,
icy or wet surfaces, or similar effects. For 1 point per rank, you
reduce movement speed through the area by 1 rank; for 2
points per rank, you reduce it by 2 ranks. Depending on your
descriptors, you may also apply circumstance modifiers to Ac-
robatics and Athletics checks for surface conditions.[/spoiler]

Nature's Protection: 3pp
[spoiler]Immunity (Disease) Rank 1, 1pp/rank
Immunity (Poison) Rank 1, 1pp/rank
Immunity (Own Powers) Rank 1, 1pp/rank[/spoiler]

Barkskin: 5pp
[spoiler]Protection Rank 5, 1pp/rank
Action: None
Range: Personal
Duration: Permanent

+5 to Toughness[/spoiler]

Verdent Creation: 27pp
[spoiler]Create (Plants) Rank 6, 2pp/rank
Range: Ranged (1800ft)

60 cubic feet
Toughness 6, Damage 6
Trapping attack +6, Trapping check +6
Accuracy +4

Accurate 1 1pp
Alternative Power (Hay Fever) 1pp
Indirect 4 4pp
Innate 1pp
Movable +1pp/rank
Precise 1pp
Subtle 1pp

The effect can originate from any point and
aim in any direction, including towards you (hitting a
target in from of you from behind, for example).

Hay Fever: 24pp
[spoiler]Affliction Rank 6, 1pp/rank
Range: 15ft cloud
Duration: Instant

Cumulative +1pp/rank
Area (Cloud) +1pp/rank
Selective +1pp/rank
Indirect 3pp

Indirect 3: The effect can come from any point in a
fixed direction (not away from you) or a fixed point
in any direction.

Fort vs DC 16
Success: No effect.
Failure (one degree): The target is impaired. (Coughing and Sneezing)
Failure (two degrees): The target is immobile. (Vomitting)
Failure (three degrees): The target is paralyzed.[/spoiler][/spoiler]
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 12:36:09 PM by Nick »
[spoiler][/spoiler]

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #86 on: February 04, 2011, 02:31:12 PM »
Hmm, that's still an awful lot of powers for the concept of the game...  I suppose it works if Blessings of Nature, Verdant Creation and Hay Fever are spells and Katherine is Awakened. Keep in mind, spells aren't like they are in D&D, and don't require words or gestures the same way, and don't require the spellbook for actual casting.

I'm content overall, but I'm still wondering if the pp total is too high. You managed all that with 17 points to spare, though I realize your abilities and stats aren't all that high (which I suppose they wouldn't be).

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #87 on: February 04, 2011, 03:56:41 PM »
Hmm, that's still an awful lot of powers for the concept of the game...  I suppose it works if Blessings of Nature, Verdant Creation and Hay Fever are spells and Katherine is Awakened. Keep in mind, spells aren't like they are in D&D, and don't require words or gestures the same way, and don't require the spellbook for actual casting.

I'm content overall, but I'm still wondering if the pp total is too high. You managed all that with 17 points to spare, though I realize your abilities and stats aren't all that high (which I suppose they wouldn't be).
Well you could always nuke it down to 100 or something. Unless you wanna start muuuuuch lower. Either way I'm cool, pming you some info now.

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #88 on: February 04, 2011, 04:22:41 PM »

Well, he limited himself to PL 7 (~6.5, in fact, as you'll notice his two main attack powers are Rank 6, with one having an attack bonus of +8), while the PP total you noted is, as you said, higher than the norm at PL 7 but lower than 8. So it's rather natural that he'd have a broad set for the power level.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 08:35:41 PM by Agita »
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #89 on: February 04, 2011, 08:30:16 PM »
Heh in fact this character works at PL 6 if I shave off 8 points to make it 90pp.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Thread Necromancy a Specialty
« Reply #90 on: February 04, 2011, 10:33:31 PM »
Veekie, can I have a copy of the sheet?

I'll have to type it left handed, though... :(
[spoiler]Fighter: "I can kill a guy in one turn."
Cleric: "I can kill a guy in half a turn."
Wizard: "I can kill a guy before my turn."
Bard: "I can get three idiots to kill guys for me."

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.
probably over on "Off-topic".
might want to put a little disclaimer in the first post.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #91 on: February 05, 2011, 12:43:59 AM »
Veekie, can I have a copy of the sheet?

I'll have to type it left handed, though... :(

W-W-What are you..

Nevermind.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #92 on: February 05, 2011, 03:24:45 AM »
Well, what do you guys think? Is my concept becoming too limiting? The game system allows for a lot of open-endedness, and the original idea was to go with something completely different anyway. I guess we'll just try playing as it is and make it work.

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #93 on: February 05, 2011, 03:27:26 AM »
Well, what do you guys think? Is my concept becoming too limiting? The game system allows for a lot of open-endedness, and the original idea was to go with something completely different anyway. I guess we'll just try playing as it is and make it work.
Not at all. I'm psyched for the basic start up, and depending on how things work out the growth of the characters power, as some become gods and some become heroes. Okay, the drama took over, but the point remains the same.

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #94 on: February 05, 2011, 03:30:21 AM »

Not at all, the concept is just fine.  I'm just trying to figure out exactly how I want to make my character, that's why I haven't posted anything.

Edit: I actually think I'm going to go with using the Alternate Form power and skipping turning into a wolf altogether since that doesn't exist in some mythologies.  That will greatly simplify things for me.

Edit again: Venn, give me a limit for my abilities in my human form so I have a bar to measure myself by.   :p
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 03:49:19 AM by Nanshork »
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #95 on: February 05, 2011, 04:01:33 AM »
Just build your human form as PL 5, then? That's supposed to be "normal humans" right? Eventually even your human form should have some residual extra toughness/strength and such, it just isn't as powerful as your alternate form. It'll also mostly just be a guideline to work off of, as opposed to a full reflection of your character.

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #96 on: February 05, 2011, 04:09:55 AM »
Just build your human form as PL 5, then? That's supposed to be "normal humans" right? Eventually even your human form should have some residual extra toughness/strength and such, it just isn't as powerful as your alternate form. It'll also mostly just be a guideline to work off of, as opposed to a full reflection of your character.

That's what I'm doing.  My alternate form will have powers like the increased strength power, and some of my powers (like regeneration) won't be part of the alternate form.  I'm actually really happy with this, as long as you're okay with it.

My main question is along the lines of "My character is 18.  What's the highest strength/whatever score that I am allowed to have according to the way you want this game run?"
Notes to self

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #97 on: February 05, 2011, 04:15:59 AM »
That depends on whether you're talking about an Enhanced "Super" ability score, or normal. But I'll take a look sometime tomorrow after work and figure it out. There honestly should be a limit to how much you can lift, even in an alternate form. At the very least, at this point of the game.

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #98 on: February 05, 2011, 04:20:47 AM »
When you have time, just give me ability score limits for my normal and my Hybrid forms so I know how many points to spend on what.
Notes to self

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #99 on: February 05, 2011, 04:32:59 AM »
For the game I think the 'standard' pp is a bit on the high side for a starting character like this game is looking for. 2/3pp for the PL and PL4 limits on stats before powers might reflect things better.

Nick's using my template I think, sans the formatting but heres my character for another game. Just clean out the character specific stuff and you're good.

Stats(DCA)[spoiler]
PL 6
PP /90
Abilities 14
Saves 14
Skills 12
Advantages 12
Powers 38

Abilities 14pp
Str -1 Sta +2 Agl +2 Dex +2
Fgt +2 Int +0 Awe +0 Pre +0

Max Wgt(Str) 25lbs
Init(Agl) +2
Attack(Ranged,Dex) +2
Attack(Close, Fgt) +2

Defense 14pp, Dodge/Parry + Toughness <13, Fort+Will <13
Dodge 4+2(Agl) = +6,
Parry 3+3(Fgt) = +6
Toughness +2(Sta)
Fortitude 2+2(Sta) = +4,
Will 5+0(Awe) = +5

Skills 12pp (Cap +16)
Code: [Select]
Acrobatics  6+2(Agl) = 8
Athletics   0-1(Str) = -1
Deception   0+1(Pre) = 1
SCIENCE!   10+0(Int) = 10
Insight     0+0(Awe) = 0
Intimidate  0+1(Pre) = 1
Investigate 1+0(Int) = 1
Perception  6+0(Awe) = 6
Persuasion  0+1(Pre) = 1
Sleight     0+2(Dex) = 2
Stealth     0+3(Agl) = 3
Technology  1+0(Int) = 1

Advantages 12
All-Out Attack 1
Benefit(Judgement member) 1
Equipment(Cellphone(advanced w/ camera) 3, Handcuffs 1, Flashlight 1) 1,
Evasion 2
Improved Critical(Schrodinger's Observer Set) 2
Languages(Japanese, Chinese, English) 2
Power Attack 1
Move-By Action 1
Uncanny Dodge 1

Powers 38pp total
Effect and to hit rank totals capped at 2xPL
Probabilistic Shield 15pp
[spoiler]
Close Call
Defense, Psionic, Luck
Protection 4 ranks, 15pts(3/rank)
[spoiler]
Extras
Affects Others +1/rank
Alternate Power(Karmic Return) +1
Area(Burst) +1/rank
Subtle +2
Flaws
Sustained -0/rank
Action Free
Range Close, Burst(30ft radius)
Duration Sustained

Lixing passively emanates an AIM field effect that reduces the likelihood of injuries and breakage in general around her person. Dangerous cuts are become mere scratches and coincidence stifles flames before they cause harm. Entirely undetectable, unless someone actually conducts a statistical experiment.
Everything within a 30ft radius gains a +4 bonus to Toughness.
[/spoiler]

Karmic Return
Defense, Psionic, Luck
Deflect 9 rank, 15pts(2/rank)
[spoiler]
Extras
Reflect +1/rank
Redirect +1/rank
Alternate Power(Close Call) +1
Subtle +1
Flaws
Side Effect(Accident) -1/rank
Inaccurate(-2 to hit with redirected) -1
Diminished Range -3
Activation(Move action) -1
Action Standard & Move(activation)
Range Ranged(18ft/45ft/90ft)
Duration Instant

Lixing extends her concentration to active manipulation of possibilities around her. By observing the probabilities around an attack's target, she increases the odds of missing and sets an alternate path for the attack to pass through. As the secondary path estimates are influenced by the unpredicted primary distortions, this can be haphazard.
As a standard action, Lixing rolls 1d20+9 against any attacks made against her until the start of her next turn. Add 10 to any rolls below 10 on the d20 on this roll(effectively 1d10+19). A failed deflection attempt results in the attack striking some unintended target(as per the Accident complication) in addition to it's original target. Preparing her AIM field for this distortion requires a move action.
Lixing can select a new target for the redirected attack, and make an attack roll at a penalty of -2.

As Toughness is only at +2 while using this ability, it should still fit within PL limits
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Schrodinger's Observer Set 23pp
[spoiler]
Schrodinger's Observer
Control, Psionic, Sensory, Luck
[spoiler]
Luck Control(Bad Luck, Bestow) 2 ranks 14pts(4/rank)
Extras
Area(Burst) +1/rank
Selective +1/rank
Luck +3
Subtle +2
Alternate(Black Cat) +1
Alternate(Lucky Find) +1
Alternate(Star of Luck) +1
Flaws
Ranged -1/rank
Action Reaction
Range Ranged, Area(Burst,30ft)
Duration Instant
Probability twisting can be obtained by entangling the outcomes of multiple random effects. Extending the effect to an observable level is difficult, but not impossible.
Lixing can bestow a luck point to anyone within a 30ft burst by spending one of her luck points.
Alternatively she can spend a luck or hero point to force anyone within the radius to reroll a given roll and take the worse result. This second result can be countered by the target spending a hero or luck point.

Senses(Acute, Analytical, Precognition) 6ranks 6pts(1/rank)
Flaw Duration(Permanent->Sustained) -0
Action Free
Range Personal
Duration Sustained
Lixing can concentrate to percieve potential future events, though the clarity dramatically drops for events dependent on factors beyond pure chance. This is the true basis of her ability, to observe select bits of the future.
When it does work, she is aware of the probability of the event occuring and what factors contribute to it in what proportion and manner.
Picking out the relevant factors out of the flood of information is the difficult part, events further than the immediate future have so many associated details that Lixing has to go have a lie down when she tries for that.
[/spoiler]

Black Cat
Attack, Luck, Psionic
[spoiler]
Damage 2 ranks, 6+14/20pts(3/rank)
Extras
Accurate(+6 to hit) +3
Increased Range(Close->Ranged) +1/rank
Indirect +2
Multiattack +1/rank
Penetrating +2
Precise +1
Subtle +2
Variable Triggered(3 charges) +4
Alternate(Schrodinger's Observer) +1
Alternate(Lucky Find) +1
Flaws
Activation(Move) 1
Action Standard and Move(activation)
Range Ranged(50ft/100ft/200ft)
Duration Instant

Extending her AIM field to snarl her chosen target, Lixing percieves a future calamity and in seeing it, causes it to come true. When the target fulfills the precondition, the fact of the target being wounded would have already been determined and the world will reassert casuality by deluging the subject with a barrage of harmful coincidences.
The assault can only be detected by specialized powers and devices, and it's low magnitude ensures it is likely to stay unknown for a time. By some perculiarity of the ability, no matter what Lixing tries, each such snarl only performs three strikes.
Perhaps 3rd time's the charm indeed.

Black Cat is a penetrating ranged attack with a +8 to hit and a damage save of 17. It threatens a critical hit on a 18-20. It can be set on a location or creature, to be triggered when the condition is fulfilled, up to three times. Attuning her AIM field to this attack requires a move action of concentration.
When used on a single target, the attack's DC increases by +2 for 2 degress of success or +5 for three or more.
When used on multiple targets, Lixing makes one attack roll for each target, with a penalty equal to the total number of targets.
When used to cover an ally, that ally gains cover from all enemies in sight and range of the attack, unless the enemy chooses to take the attack.
[/spoiler]

Lucky Find
Control, Luck, Psionic
[spoiler]
Create 6 ranks, 20pts(2/rank)
Extras
Continous +1/rank
Precise +1
Subtle +1
Indirect +3
Innate +1
Insidious +1
Triggered(When someone looks there) +1
Alternate(Black Cat) +1
Flaws
Limited(Can only create object which is possible to exist there) -1/rank
Permanent -1/rank
Action Standard
Range Ranged(150ft/300ft/600ft)
Duration Permanent

All objects exist in potential until observed and between being observed. This ability resolves this potential into a very real state, exactly where they are expected, through a series of possible but unlikely events.
Sometimes its there only when you look.
Lixing does not actually realize how this ability works, things just happen to be exactly where she looks for them when she concentrates in a certain way.

Objects with a volume of up to 6 ranks of volume and a toughness of +6 can be 'found' with this ability.
[/spoiler]

Star of Luck
General, Luck, Psionic
[spoiler]
Variable(Enhanced Abilities only) 2ranks 20 (9/rank)
Extras
Affects Others +1/rank
Area(Burst) +1/rank
Selective +1/rank
Subtle +2
Alternate(Black Cat) +1
Alternate(Lucky Find) +1
Flaws
Limited(Enhanced Abilities only) -1/rank
Action Standard
Range Close, Area(30ft Burst)
Duration Sustained

Serendipity, the possibility that everything you are doing is exactly what you should be doing. Through an automatic Cause-Effect reversal process, everyone is always doing the right thing somehow.
Grants 10 pp worth of enhanced abilities to anyone in the area. This manifests as extreme luck in the chosen aspect, rather than skill.
Enhanced strength granted by Star of Luck does not increase carrying capacity. No extras or flaws can be attached to the Enhanced Ability effect.
Final modifiers are still limited by PL limits for the recipient character, regardless of how high the ability has been raised.
[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."