Author Topic: Not so sane DM allowing LA +8 buyoff. Need help with possible race choices.  (Read 15303 times)

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
Re: Not so sane DM allowing LA +8 buyoff. Need help with possible race choices.
« Reply #100 on: February 05, 2011, 06:44:33 PM »
Derp.
*eats popcorn*
Show's already gotten good!
Oh god. The idiocy is spreading.
[spoiler]Masculine men like masculine things. Masculine men are masculine. Therefore, liking masculine men is masculine.

I dare anyone to find a hole in that logic.
[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
Which book is Lycanthromancer in?
Lyca ... is in the book. Yes he is.
 :D
shit.. concerning psionics optimization, lycan IS the book
[/spoiler]

BrokeAndDrive

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
  • Why are there no ghosts of dinosaurs?
« Reply #101 on: February 06, 2011, 01:28:47 PM »
Yeah I know. Who can't see obvious sarcasm?  :lol
Random quotes:[spoiler]I think Roy's coinages are shitty and dumb, but Failroy has to take the cake for the dumbest new compound word of the year
~

That was kind of the point. I was trying to be a Roy parody, but I guess it didn't come across overly well.

==

JaronK is of course most famous for his massive thought experiments into placing classes into tiers. While a kind of nifty idea, and a decent enough way to think about stuff, his particular tier assignments were basically insane. Apparently the criteria he used was to assign classes relative strength based on what bullshit he personally would let them get away with at 20th level.

So Factotums were rated very highly, because apparently he would let them use Rokugan-exclusive skills with Forgotten Realms-exclusive weapons from the back of MM2 templated warbeasts. But Rogues suck donkey dick, becuase he wouldn't let them use Use Magic Device to read scrolls of Planar Binding. It was a very surreal argument.
~

And to think the system was immortalized in OOTS. As a general rule, I try to avoid all tier discussion there because it's the De Facto system at BG, and I'm not going to change anyone's mind.

Besides, I think if most people are pressed, they will admit that it's just an estimate, anyway, and that results can vary from table to table.
~

My only real complaint with the tier system is that at one point I was tired (tiered?) of hearing about it.[/spoiler]

Eviltedzies

• Live life. Otherwise you have none.
    • Email
« Reply #102 on: February 06, 2011, 03:57:12 PM »
Well despite the fact that this thread went waay off topic.  :D
I figured I would post what I finally decided on. In the end my DM allowed me to give up two LA for 4 bonus feats.
Thus, my LA 6 build is as follows....

Base Race: Feytouched (LA +1)
Feytouched-->Half Fey savage progression level (LA 1)
Shadow Template (LA +2)
Phantom Template (LA +2 with DM's permission)
4 bonus feats (LA +2)

It is not overly powerful, while at the same time it maintains the utility I was going for. The strongest factors in my opinion are Immunity to Enchantment spells/effects and Incorperability at will.
Light in the Darkness.
Darkness in the Light.
It is truly a neverending cycle of nightmares.
Yet that is what we have been given.
Find your dreams where you may.
And live life like no other.

geniussavant

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #103 on: February 06, 2011, 04:12:46 PM »
For sheer S&G's, where's the phantom template from?
[spoiler]
I see that you want to solve problems. Not problems like, "What is beauty?," because that would fall within the purview of your conundrums of 'philosophy'. You want to solve practical problems. F'r instance, how are you gonna stop some big, mean Mother Hubbard from tearing you a structurally superfluous new behind? The answer: Use a gun. And if that don't work? Use more gun.
And if that fails try this

[/spoiler]

Eviltedzies

• Live life. Otherwise you have none.
    • Email
« Reply #104 on: February 06, 2011, 04:54:06 PM »
MM5
Light in the Darkness.
Darkness in the Light.
It is truly a neverending cycle of nightmares.
Yet that is what we have been given.
Find your dreams where you may.
And live life like no other.

geniussavant

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #105 on: February 06, 2011, 06:24:49 PM »
Thanks
[spoiler]
I see that you want to solve problems. Not problems like, "What is beauty?," because that would fall within the purview of your conundrums of 'philosophy'. You want to solve practical problems. F'r instance, how are you gonna stop some big, mean Mother Hubbard from tearing you a structurally superfluous new behind? The answer: Use a gun. And if that don't work? Use more gun.
And if that fails try this

[/spoiler]