Author Topic: Advice needed (please!!!)  (Read 1271 times)

Random5000uk

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
Advice needed (please!!!)
« on: January 30, 2011, 09:54:02 AM »
I'm planning out a new D20modern game for my group based on Assassins Creed. The main problem I have currently is how I'm going to switch between both the modern characters and the ancestor assassins without my players owrking it out straight away.

Anyone have any idea's how I could camoflague it?

Gods_Trick

• King Kong
Re: Advice needed (please!!!)
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, 10:17:13 AM »

I've never played AC, but perhaps that might be useful. The modern players have stumbled upon a device that transfers the mind to the AC period. The adversaries (perhaps previous owners) are after said device.

Whisper

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2011, 06:38:10 PM »
I'm planning out a new D20modern game for my group based on Assassins Creed. The main problem I have currently is how I'm going to switch between both the modern characters and the ancestor assassins without my players owrking it out straight away.

I think you need to describe in more detail what you are trying to do. Working what out, exactly?

Pimpforged

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 12:58:58 PM »
Have your players played Assassin's Creed? If so, I don't think it's going to take them long to figure it out no matter what you do.

Rejakor

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2011, 05:10:36 AM »
1.  Your players don't use a device.  They can do it due to <REASON> that hopefully you can tie into something else interesting that will distract from assassin's creed a bit.  Like, they're Timedivers who due to blah blah green lantern force blah blah can go back in time and become people from the past to blah blah blah blah.

2.  You're not looking for a macguffin, you're looking for clues to a demon-summoning in order to stop it happening in the world (big shadowey corporation/cult wants to armageddon the world in exchange for powah, no-one knows how to stop it/how to do it/clues about the cult which is a secret society.

3.  For bonus points run the modern characters in D20 modern or Cthulhu, and run the past characters in DnD or Wushu/insert other heroic/wuxia/kickass powerful system of your choice.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2011, 04:15:43 PM »

I don't understand. You want them to think that the modern characters and ancestor assassins are the same people? ???
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]