Author Topic: Nitocris and Nyarlathotep  (Read 2331 times)

Tenebrous Apostate

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
Nitocris and Nyarlathotep
« on: January 27, 2011, 02:32:18 PM »
I recently started a campaign in Eberron that took quite a Chtulian twist so I desided to add 2 BBEG's against my players with such a feeling. The first is Nitocris, a Half-Fiend Ulitharid and the other is Nyarlathotep, a Half-Farspawn Ghaele Eladrin (I know it's an uneligible template but I'm the GM, right?  :D) Although their normal CR is aroun 15 and my players will meet them (separetly) at around level 13 their quite the minmaxers so Im sure they'll have no problem puting them down. In the spirit of offering a chalenge (and turning the tables on my munchkin players) I'd like to get some suggestions as to how to make each one of those guys a real nighmare!

Namely I'd like suggestions about their spell\psionics list ,feats to swap (especialy the terible selection of the Ghaele) and items to equip them with. I have swaped the Domains of the Ghale with Dragon Below and Corruption but any suggestions for better results are welcome. Thanks in advance
Dead mortals feel no Dread

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Thread Necromancy a Specialty
Re: Nitocris and Nyarlathotep
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2011, 11:41:02 PM »
Insane Defiance on Nyarlathotep. It is necessary. Full stop.

Then have him use it to fuck up things with Mind-Affecting abilities. If you want something really funny, take a look at the Fear Handbook, and grab a 'friend' for him that pierces Fear Immunity (Dread Witch, most likely. After all, he would have a cult, wouldn't he?)

If Ghaele Eladrin are that outsider that gets infinite Bardic Music usages, may I suggest Doomspeak as one of the feats? Tasty -10 penalty to an enemy is tasty. Other than that, grab Lyric Spell and Metamagic Song. Infinite spells are infinite.

Nitocris needs Solicit Psycrystal (Feat), Psycrystal Affinity (Feat), Control Body, and Schism.

A Physical full-round action, a purely mental full round action, and 2 purely mental standard actions are nice and Eldritch-monstrosity like. Expanded Knowledge (Consumptive Field) might be nice, if you allowed StP Erudites into your game.
[spoiler]Fighter: "I can kill a guy in one turn."
Cleric: "I can kill a guy in half a turn."
Wizard: "I can kill a guy before my turn."
Bard: "I can get three idiots to kill guys for me."

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.
probably over on "Off-topic".
might want to put a little disclaimer in the first post.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing

Mushroom

• Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2011, 11:57:08 PM »
Insane Defiance on Nyarlathotep. It is necessary. Full stop.
Doesn't that impose a -4 penalty to WIS? Wis is the Ghaele's casting stat

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2011, 12:05:57 AM »
1 point of Wisdom Damage; may be problematic...

Find some way to get a full Naberius bind onto him. Then there will be no problem.

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing

Garryl

• Hong Kong
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2011, 01:04:23 AM »
You could also use Dynamic Priest or Academic Priest from one of the Dragonlance books to switch the cleric spellcasting that the Ghaele gets over to Charisma/Intelligence, respectively. Save DCs are still Wisdom-based, though.
A Guide to Free D&D - A resource of free, official D&D resources on the web.
General listing of my homebrew.
Links to things I've worked on
[spoiler]
Idiot Crusader, refreshing maneuvers for free every round.
The Opposed Checks Handbook - Under construction.
Adaptations Handbook - Under construction.
[/spoiler]

Tenebrous Apostate

• Email
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2011, 12:10:52 PM »
1 point of Wisdom Damage; may be problematic...

Find some way to get a full Naberius bind onto him. Then there will be no problem.

He's got bonus Wis from the Half-farspawn template and casts spells as a cleric 4 levels higher than his HD. There should be no problem and speaking of casting higher than your HD would a candle of Invocation be an Overkill?

I was also entertaining the thought of using the "worshiping Elder Evils" rules and Taint. Any ideas on that?

Tenebrous Apostate

• Email
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2011, 01:13:06 PM »
Btw where can I find this feat "Solicit Psycrystal" ???

Maat_Mons

• Hong Kong
  • What is a smile but a grimace of happiness?
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2011, 01:53:01 PM »

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2011, 05:22:34 PM »
Sorry about that.

Sounds fine to me.

[/spoiler]

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2011, 05:30:52 PM »
Solicit psicrystal probably should've been an innate psicrystal granted ability.

Or, yes, a feat.

It really doesn't make much sense to make it a power.
[spoiler]Masculine men like masculine things. Masculine men are masculine. Therefore, liking masculine men is masculine.

I dare anyone to find a hole in that logic.
[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
Which book is Lycanthromancer in?
Lyca ... is in the book. Yes he is.
 :D
shit.. concerning psionics optimization, lycan IS the book
[/spoiler]

PlzBreakMyCampaign

• Hong Kong
  • Immune to Critical Hits as a Fairness Elemental
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2011, 06:16:55 PM »
Solicit psicrystal probably should've been an innate psicrystal granted ability.

Or, yes, a feat.

It really doesn't make much sense to make it a power.
Listen to this man on his psionics. He's 110% correct here. (I like feat taxes though so its fine as a feat to me).
[Spoiler]
An interesting read, nice to see a civil discussion
The point of Spell Resistance is to make it harder to get buffed.
And healed. Don't forget that.
Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.
[/Spoiler]

Old Geezer's Law of Hobby Taste: The more objectively inconsequential a hobby is, the more disagreements within the community will be expressed in outrageously insulting, overblown, and ludicrously emotionally laden terms.

More Funny than Humble[Spoiler]
Quote from: PlzBreakMyCampaign
Your a shifter... you have all you ever need.
It blows MoMF out of the water

But if your greedy for more [Wish] for something that only effects you, like another class level or two that doesn't count against your ECL.
Quote from: hungryhungryhippo987
Yes, I'm the 3.0 "Masters of the Wild" shifter, the awesome kind. My favorite form to take is Force Dragon. Yes, I am immortal ... My character is hands down the coolest guy in the campaign and there is nothing I could possibly want.
PBMC gets a cookie for DotA r

Tenebrous Apostate

• Email
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2011, 11:00:50 AM »
I just put the Finishing touches in Nitocris and took into consideration all the advice I was given here (precious few as they were). Any more ideas on Nyarlathotep? (My spelling sucks, I know)