Author Topic: Battlefield control...archer  (Read 4674 times)

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
  • Aistii valoa auttavasti
    • Email
Re: Battlefield control...archer
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2008, 10:15:52 PM »
The Polymorph line of spells perhaps?

Handy Links

dman11235

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2008, 10:29:43 PM »
Those are wonky though.  They work, sure, but they're wonky.

That does give me a level 4 and 2 spell though.  The biggest problem: bigger forms=less dex.  That would mean I'd want to do an int based archery build, if possible, or a str based, but since those are both not very possible (don't know of any way to get them) cha or wis based.

Idea!  Size increases don't stack, but if I change into a larger creature, I can use a size increase.  Like Expansion.  So, I take a few Archivist levels, then take Psychic Warrior, and use Alter Self to take a form of one size larger than me.  Then I use Expansion to grow two size categories.  Now to check the alter self forms guide...
My sig's Handy Haversack: Need help?  Want to see what I've done?  Want to see what others have done well?  Check it out.

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
  • Aistii valoa auttavasti
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2008, 10:33:55 PM »
Dwarven ancestor is large and has +18 natural armor. What are you waiting for?

Additionally, boosting dexterity is quite easy. Grab a metamagic rod of Ocular spell and enjoy that Divine agility that grants you +10 to dex all day long.

Handy Links

dman11235

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2008, 10:52:57 PM »
It is, but with the higher polymorph spells, you lower your dex to become larger.  Something like Alter Self with the Dwarven Ancestor and Expansion on top of it would be my best bet, going this route.

Thanks a lot Tshern.  It's been helpful.
My sig's Handy Haversack: Need help?  Want to see what I've done?  Want to see what others have done well?  Check it out.