Author Topic: Thrallherd build help.  (Read 2497 times)

Dragonamedrake

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
Thrallherd build help.
« on: January 26, 2011, 01:41:32 AM »
So I'm going to have a chance to play in my very first gaming group and I would like to come up with something crazy.

My Idea is for a Thrallherd who fuses with his two cohorts. Thoughts so far.

Race: Kalashtar (For shard abuse)

Class breakdown: I want my base class to be Erudite using Spell to Power. I know alot of people seem to dislike this class but Im pretty sure I can get them to rule the class gets 11 powers per power level instead of total. Plus I love the idea of being a generalist that can learn not only any power but any spell.

Thralls: I have one worked out.
Dvati (ritual of alignment)(+1)/ Telepath5/Incarnate 2 /Fiend of Possession6/ Soul Manifester 4

ML 9 (for powers known), 10 (with Practised Manifester)
Meldshaper 5

Feats:
hu: Psicrystal affinity
1: Midnight Augmentation
Psion1: Azure Talent
3: Practised Manifester (Psion)
6: Psionic Meditation
9: Linked Power
12: Psicarnum Crystal
15: Psicrystal containment
Psion5: EK(Mend Wounds)/Split Chakra (Brow)
18: Psicarnum Infusion/Split Chakra (Brow)

Essentia: 15 Soulmeds/day: 6 Chakra binds: 3

Powers known :
1: Vigor, Crystal Shard
2: Damp Power
3: Bestow Power, Share Pain
4: Open Chakra

Essential Equipment:
Torc of Power Preservation

Combos for this build:
First he will be my PP battery:

Torc of power preservation+Midnight augmentation+Bestow power: If you invest 2 essentia to MA, then you have that when manifesting Bestow Power, you can spend 6-2-1: 3 pp to gain 4pp-->Unlimited PP.

Also the Dvati can inhabit both my second thrall and his weapon giving both the bonuses.

My second Thrall I'm thinking a Warblade build of some sort. Possibly a trip build or Thicket of Blades build.
I was also looking at a Bone Knight build with troll-blooded and a weapon of legacy as a candidate for my second Thrall.

Anyways I want to be able to have the Dvati Possess the Warblade and then I Fuse with the Warblade. Ive researched the different ways to get a 24 hour Fusion and it is both costly and very complicated. I'm thinking it will be nerfed or just straight up disallowed. So....

Is there another way then the "Metamind - Font of Power - Fusion - Temporal Reiteration" method. Possibly something that utilizes the Erudite Spell to Power conversion. I believe there was a Persistant Power feat in a 3rd party source somewhere I might be able to pull off also.

I understand that I can fuse with multiple targets but I'm trying to make it simple and just fuse with one target. All together if I fuse with the Warblade while possessed by the Dvati I will have more than enough fun. What you do you think? Is it possible without too much cheese. What do you think the tank should be. 

Ive been trying to make this build for awhile but my lack of play with psionics has me stumped on this one. I cant seem to get started and I hoped I could get some direction on the whole fusion thing. Thanks.

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
Re: Thrallherd build help.
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 04:48:25 PM »
Make all of your thralls weasel-oriented. Were-weasels, dire weasels, weasel swarms, etc.

WEASEL MASTER AHOY!
[spoiler]Masculine men like masculine things. Masculine men are masculine. Therefore, liking masculine men is masculine.

I dare anyone to find a hole in that logic.
[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
Which book is Lycanthromancer in?
Lyca ... is in the book. Yes he is.
 :D
shit.. concerning psionics optimization, lycan IS the book
[/spoiler]

sir_argenon

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 07:12:08 PM »
you didnt post your build, so i will say this, remember that you can only have less than your erudite level in other psionic classes or you can no longer get bonus powers when you level up.

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2011, 07:25:51 PM »
you didnt post your build, so i will say this, remember that you can only have less than your erudite level in other psionic classes or you can no longer get bonus powers when you level up.
Yeah, it's a stupidhorrible rule. Why should it matter? I mean, really.
[spoiler]Masculine men like masculine things. Masculine men are masculine. Therefore, liking masculine men is masculine.

I dare anyone to find a hole in that logic.
[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
Which book is Lycanthromancer in?
Lyca ... is in the book. Yes he is.
 :D
shit.. concerning psionics optimization, lycan IS the book
[/spoiler]

sir_argenon

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2011, 09:04:43 PM »
Yeah, it's a stupidhorrible rule. Why should it matter? I mean, really.

lots of those in comp psi

fuinjutsu

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2011, 04:20:54 AM »
Incarnate/That PRC that can bump up essentia caps by CHA, a few times per day, with Charming Veil....

Everyone is your buddy.  EVERYONE.
Eh, the wizard have more money than them combined, he could in theory just use all his money on a fleet of trained attack mules, but then we aren't playing 3.5 but zergling rushing in Starcraft instead.

JohnnyMayHymn

• Bi-Curious George
  • Lord of the Kitchen Sink
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2011, 05:46:20 AM »
major bloodlines will advance your ML, PP and effective thrallherd level....   

but not powers per day or powers known,  i think ardent gets around that idk about spell to power erudite...
My (sometimes offensive) Web Comic Faux Blast
Can you find the Wumpus? (Hint: start with the spoiler....)
[spoiler] :beathorse [/spoiler]
...........  :joystick