Author Topic: [Pathfinder] pathfinder and it's treasure system.  (Read 6486 times)

shades of eternity

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
[Pathfinder] pathfinder and it's treasure system.
« on: January 24, 2011, 09:16:59 AM »
pathfinder and it's treasure system.

I'm looking over the treasure system of pathfinder and have a question.

http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/gamemastering.html

looking at Table: Treasure Values per Encounter

how the heck do you determine between individual and lair treasure using this model?

was looking at the 2nd edition model and they had a definate split between the two different category's even if it was volatile.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
Re: [Pathfinder] pathfinder and it's treasure system.
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 12:54:32 PM »
^^
To keep with WBL, if you're using Lair treasure, you simply remove the loot from the encounters before and after, to pile in a great big shiny heap.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

alphacentaurus

• Monkey bussiness
    • Pathfinder RPG Random Treasure Generator
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2011, 10:05:20 PM »
I created a tool to generate random treasures. It's name is Pathfinder RPG Random Treasure Generator, try it and give me your feedback!

http://pathfinder.zonegamma.com

b100d_arrowz

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2011, 12:38:40 AM »
I created a tool to generate random treasures. It's name is Pathfinder RPG Random Treasure Generator, try it and give me your feedback!

Doesn't let me generate a new set of treasure after the first iteration.

It seems to me Pathfinder is a little more loose with its treasure generation then 3.x was, giving you the option to throw things together until you reach a certain gold threshold per encounter.
I'm delirious from lack of sleep, but am sustained by the power of the Gatling Gun!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

alphacentaurus

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2011, 12:37:52 PM »

Doesn't let me generate a new set of treasure after the first iteration.

It seems to me Pathfinder is a little more loose with its treasure generation then 3.x was, giving you the option to throw things together until you reach a certain gold threshold per encounter.

The treasures are added to the bottom of the list so maybe you did not see the newly generated items.
You can activate "Append to top of list" in step 9 to add on top of list.

The way Pathfinder builds treasure is exactly the same. Giving some specific parameters you roll treasures until you have that amount of gp value. You can check the generator process on my site ZoneGamma.

Thanks for the feedback.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 01:03:23 PM by alphacentaurus »

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2011, 11:10:17 PM »
You might want to start a thread for your generator in this section.
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

alphacentaurus

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2011, 11:51:09 AM »
You might want to start a thread for your generator in this section.

Thanks for the info. I'm not used to forums :)

alphacentaurus

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
Pathfinder RPG Random Treasure Generator
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2011, 12:01:10 PM »
As recommended by Prime32 I created a new thread for my Pathfinder RPG Random Treasure Generator.

You can keep up with the development and submit you feedback here:

http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=12175.0

Thanks!