Author Topic: Uncle Kitties Evil Bad Spookity Critters  (Read 106532 times)

bhu

• Organ Grinder
  • Convincing the rich whale fat enemas are healthy
Re: Uncle Kitties Evil Bad Spookity Critters
« Reply #320 on: October 30, 2010, 12:19:50 AM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akkorokamui

http://www.paranormalknowledge.com/articles/akkorokamui.html

http://www.cryptomundo.com/cryptozoo-news/akkorokamui/

Akkorokamui
                      Colossal Animal (Aquatic)
Hit Dice:             30d8+270 (405 hp)
Initiative:           +1
Speed:                20 ft. (4 squares), Swim 40 ft.
Armor Class:          18 (-8 Size, +1 Dex, +15 Natural), touch 3, flat-footed 17
Base Attack/Grapple:  +30/+63
Attack:               Tentacle +40 melee (2d6+17/19-20)
Full Attack:          8 Tentacles +40 melee (2d6+17/19-20) and 1 Bite +34 melee (4d6+8)
Space/Reach:          30 ft./30 ft. (60 ft. with tentacles)
Special Attacks:      Improved Grab, Constrict, Stench, Terrifying Appearance
Special Qualities:    Ink Cloud-jet, Low Light Vision, Jet
Saves:                Fort +25, Ref +17, Will +19
Abilities:            Str 44, Dex 13, Con 26, Int 2, Wis 16, Cha 8
Skills:               Escape Artist +18, Listen +13, Spot +13, Swim +25
Feats:                Alertness, Cleave, Epic Reflexes, Epic Will, Great Cleave, Improved Critical (Tentacle), Improved Toughness, Iron Will, Lightning Reflexes, Multigrab, Overwhelming Critical (Tentacle), Power Attack, Weapon Focus (Tentacle)
Environment:          Temperate Aquatic
Organization:         Solitary
Challenge Rating:     13
Treasure:             None
Alignment:            Always Neutral
Advancement:          31+ HD (Colossal)
Level Adjustment:     ---

"If we had a choice of fishing somewhere else we would take it..."

The Akkorokamui is a gigantic octopus up to 130 meters long living in Japan, and the terror of the native Ainu.  Unlike most octopi it seems singularly aggressive, and has obviously lost the typical camouflage ability common to most octopi.  It also smells quite horrible, enough to sicken some sailors.

Improved Grab (Ex): If the Akkorokamui successfully hits with it's tentacle attack, it may immediately make a Grapple Check as a Free Action without provoking an Attack of Opportunity.  If the Grapple is successful it may Constrict.

Constrict (Ex): The Akkorokamui does 4d6+34 with a successful Grapple Check.

Stench (Ex): All living beings with a sense of smell within 120' of the Akkorokamui must make a DC 33 Fortitude Save or be Sickened as long as they are within range of it (Save DC is Constitution based).

Terrifying Appearance (Ex): Whenever the Akkorokamui attacks, all living beings within 120' that have less Hit Dice than it must make a DC 28 Willpower Save (Save DC is Charisma based with a +4 Racial Modifier) or be Shaken for 24 hours.  If they succeed in making the Saving Throw, they are immune to the Akkorokamui's Terrifying Appearance.

Ink Cloud-jet (Ex): As a Free Action the Akkorokamui can unleash a cloud of ink once per minute.  The cloud covers a 60'x60'x60' area, and provides Total Concealment.  Vision in the cloud is obscured.

Jet (Ex): As a Full Round Action once per round the Akkorokamui can jet backwards in a straight line at a speed of 400'.  It does not provoke an Attack of Opportunity.

Combat: The Akkorokamui is easily seen due to it's bright coloring, so it dispenses with subtlety by swiftly approaching fishing boats to steal their catch, and perhaps a few sailors.  If the Akkorokamui is currently grappling someone, a Sunder attack against that tentacle will sever it once it reaches 20 points of damage.  If it loses more than 3 tentacles, or manages to get the catch, it will withdraw.  The limb will regrow in 1d10+10 days.

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #321 on: October 30, 2010, 01:29:50 AM »
Children of the Rose updated.  I was going with a changeling type thing.  Any requested abilities?

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #322 on: November 05, 2010, 04:12:40 AM »
Nudges agita!

Is that a camera she's holding?

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #323 on: November 05, 2010, 06:23:21 AM »
Children of the Rose updated.  I was going with a changeling type thing.  Any requested abilities?
Nope, run wild. :D
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #324 on: November 13, 2010, 04:28:06 AM »
The fluff for the Children of the Rose is up.  I tried to make it as disturbing as possible (within reason of course).

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #325 on: November 13, 2010, 09:27:18 AM »
Decidedly creepy yeah.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

Radmelon

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #326 on: November 13, 2010, 07:43:18 PM »
The fluff for the Children of the Rose is up.  I tried to make it as disturbing as possible (within reason of course).
Well, I may never sleep again.

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #327 on: November 13, 2010, 08:01:42 PM »
Well, I may never sleep again.

We need a t shirt for that.

"Can't sleep.  Pedo Fairies will get me."

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #328 on: December 11, 2010, 04:17:45 AM »
CHildren of the Rose almost done.

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #329 on: December 22, 2010, 03:33:45 AM »
If CR 4 seems good for Children of the Rose, I shall start the next of Agita's critters

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #330 on: December 22, 2010, 04:19:09 AM »
The exact effects of this will be left up to the DM since there are no current insanity rules.
Sorry, wrong. Linky.
Countdown to Zombie Apocalypse 97
When you see this, copy it into your sig and -1
:lovefirefox
Quotes [spoiler]
In other words, he thinks there's a "correct" way to play D&D.  *sigh*
There is: Kill shit and loot the corpse!
When you use a tool the way it was designed for -- its intended function -- then it will work very well for you.

But it's not the tool's fault if you use it for something else and you fail utterly, such as trying to eat cereal with a butterknife, pounding nails with a screwdriver, blogging to voice your political opinions, and brushing your teeth with a hammer.
[/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #331 on: December 22, 2010, 07:27:45 AM »
The fluff text on creepiness seems to suggest that they negate size penalties or bonuses on Intimidate. Just a random thought.

CR 4 sounds fine.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Monotremeancer

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #332 on: December 22, 2010, 08:00:11 AM »
I agree with Agita, they seem fine. I think I'll use them against my players one day as I've planned on sending them into a horror dreamscape
Who cares for realism when you can be awesome?

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #333 on: December 22, 2010, 03:54:07 PM »
I agree with Agita, they seem fine. I think I'll use them against my players one day as I've planned on sending them into a horror dreamscape

Lemme know how that turns out.  Take photos when it ends in the inevitable "WHADDA YOU MEAN MY CLERICS A PEDO NOW?" conversation.   :smirk

konner09

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #334 on: January 03, 2011, 04:29:08 AM »
Children of the rose are EVIL
[spoiler] Every generation has a teen heartthrob made for 16 and Tiger Beet magazine.

You can go back many years and there was a guy named Donny Osmond who probably every male teenager wanted to kick the crap out of. Leif Garrett, David Cassidy, The Mmm Bop kids, Justin timberlake, on and on.

This Bieber kid is just another of many over-hyped kids created? by the music machine geniuses to give them someone to grace the covers of 16 magazine and to get little teen girls excited. Random Youtuber [/spoiler]

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. - edgar allen poe

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #335 on: January 03, 2011, 05:02:00 AM »
Children of the rose are EVIL
I think thats the whole point.
Me like.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #336 on: January 04, 2011, 04:52:56 AM »
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Mimic, Concubine
                      Medium Aberration (Shapechanger)
Hit Dice:             10d8+40 (85 hp)
Initiative:           +6
Speed:                30 ft. (6 squares), Climb 30 ft.
Armor Class:          17 (+2 Dex, +5 natural), touch 12, flat-footed 15
Base Attack/Grapple:  +7/+9
Attack:               Slam or Bite +9 melee (1d8+2) or by weapon +9/+4
Full Attack:          2 Slams or Bites +9 melee (1d8+2) or by weapon +9/+4
Space/Reach:          5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks:      Adhesive, Devour
Special Qualities:    Shapeshift, Malleable, Immunity to Acid
Saves:                Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +9
Abilities:            Str 14, Dex 14, Con 18, Int 14, Wis 14, Cha 14
Skills:               Bluff +7, Climb +6, Diplomacy +7, Disguise +15, Escape Artist +10, Gather Information +7, Hide +6, Knowledge (Local) +6, Listen +6, Move Silently +6, Sense Motive +6, Spot +6, Tumble +6
Feats:                Improved Initiative, Improved Multiattack, Multiattack, Multiweapon Fighting
Environment:          Any
Organization:         Solitary
Challenge Rating:     5
Treasure:             Standard
Alignment:            Usually Neutral or Chaotic Evil
Advancement:          By Character Class
Level Adjustment:     ---

"I think the maid may be some sort of unholy shapeshifting abomination."

"You sure you aren't just drunk?"

"Oh no, I'm drunk.  I'm drunk as hell.  But her petticoat just ate Mr. Johnson's brain."

As if Mimics weren't bad enough, Mages later decided to tinker with them.  It's not as if their original master didn't design something bad enough.  No these assholes decided they had to go a step further and make seductive ones who could mingle socially and assassinate important people.  There are even rumors some of the Mages were devoured in their beds by them so the Mimics could gain their freedom.  So now they're pretty much the perfect urban predator, and have even picked up fighting skills so they can get into combat without revealing themselves.  They are proficient with all Simple weapons and Light Armor (though they usually don't wear it), and speak Common plus two other languages. As with other Mimics they appear to have no true natural forms, and are mostly inert blobs of matter.  But their bodies have a sort of memory, and they remain in whatever shape they have taken if they are somehow rendered unconscious.

Adhesive (Ex): Due to the Mimics sticky skin surface, it is considered to be Grappling anything successfully attacked by it's Slam/Bite attack.  An opponent so Grappled cannot escape until 5 rounds after the Mimic dies, it willingly lets go, or the adhesive is dissolved by applying strong alcohol.  Even without the adhesive the Mimic can Grapple normally.  Weapons striking the Mimic stick to it unless the wielder makes a DC 16 Reflex Save (or a DC 16 Strength Check once it has become stuck).

Devour (Ex): The Mimic does 2d6+2 bludgeoning/slashing/piercing damage with a successful Grapple Check.

Shapeshift (Ex): The Mimic Concubine can imitate virtually any being of the same size as itself with a DC 25 Disguise Check.  If it is familiar with that person the Check DC is -5, and if it knows them really well -10.  It can even imitate their voice.  Effectively you can cast Alter Self at Will, with a few differences.  Equipment does not meld with your body, the new form must be the same Size Class as yourself, you do not lose the Extraordinary Abilities of your normal form, and you can mimic things like armor/clothing.  Caster Level is effectively equal to Hit Dice.  Since this ability allows the Mimic to manifest multiple limbs the Mimic qualifies for the Improved Multiattack, Multiattack, and Multiweapon Fighting Feats (just not all of the time, when it has two limbs treat this as Two Weapon Fighting).

Malleable (Ex): Concubine Mimics are extremely malleable able to change their form, color, and texture at will.  Effectively they are immune to poison, sleep, paralysis, polymorph, stunning, and critical hits.  It also cannot be flanked.  It may squeeze through any door or fence which has at least a one inch gap between the floor/fence bars.  

Skills: Concubine Mimics get a +8 Racial Bonus to Disguise and Escape Artist Checks.

Combat: Concubine Mimics prefer to use their disguises to infiltrate balls and parties.  Once hey find sufficiently inebriated prey they try to seduce it away someplace quiet where it can't be interrupted and waits for it's prey to disrobe.  Once the prey is sufficiently unarmored and weaponless it shifts form, sticks to it, and munches away.  They are usually quite wealthy if they hire themselves out as assassins.  If found out they usually have a few weapons on their person to fight while hiding their true nature until escape is possible. 

« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 06:32:17 AM by bhu »

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #337 on: January 04, 2011, 07:45:18 AM »
Sexy.  :p
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #338 on: January 04, 2011, 08:27:47 AM »
Wow. For some reason, I didn't even consider that possibility. My hat off to you.

Radmelon

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #339 on: January 04, 2011, 10:14:31 PM »
What possibility?