Author Topic: Things That Make You LoL, Act 3  (Read 148217 times)

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
Re: Things That Make You LoL, Act 3
« Reply #160 on: February 28, 2011, 01:50:11 AM »
Pretending to be unicorn eh, thats one way to get maidens.
Old maidens.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
« Reply #161 on: February 28, 2011, 02:50:57 AM »
Alter, please spoiler that. I now need brain bleach in excessive quantities.

Of the many horrifying possibilities on the net, this is the one that requires bleach for you? 

Oh I simply must send you some links  :smirk

Furries are OK by my standards.
Cosplaying is OK by my standards.

Furries cosplaying and LARPing is not OK by my standards.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #162 on: February 28, 2011, 02:09:03 PM »
Alter, please spoiler that. I now need brain bleach in excessive quantities.

Of the many horrifying possibilities on the net, this is the one that requires bleach for you? 

Oh I simply must send you some links  :smirk

Furries are OK by my standards.
Cosplaying is OK by my standards.

Furries cosplaying and LARPing is not OK by my standards.
Sifi, Larping in general isn't okay unless you are a hot Scandinavian chick, or you are participating in one of the awesome Scandinavian larps with the full orc regalia, because those guys are just awesome.
[Spoiler]
A gygaxian dungeon is like the world's most messed up game show.

Behind door number one: INSTANT DEATH!
Behind door number 2: A magic crown!
Behind door number 3: 4d6 giant bees, and THREE HUNDRED POUNDS OF HONEY!
They don't/haven't, was the point. 3.5 is as dead as people not liking nice tits.

Sometimes, their tits (3.5) get enhancements (houserules), but that doesn't mean people don't like nice tits.

Though sometimes, the surgeon (DM) botches them pretty bad...
Best metaphor I have seen in a long time.  I give you much fu.
Three Errata for the Mage-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Barbarian-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Monks doomed to die,
One for the Wizard on his dark throne
In the Land of Charop where the Shadows lie.
[/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #163 on: February 28, 2011, 04:32:59 PM »
Roleplaying Experiences Thread from SA
A friend of mine, one of my regular players, borrowed my Call of Cthulhu material and decided he was going to run a game at the gaming society we both attend. This was a bad idea for a couple of reasons, the first being that it's hard to do evocative horror when you have a busy, happy background going on around you (unless you're specifically playing up the social alienation angle). The second, and more important, reason it was a bad idea was because he invited Donnie to play.

Donnie is a good guy. I ran a Blue Rose campaign, he played in it, and it was great fun for all involved. However, Donnie is not a subtle guy, and he's not the sort of guy who can experience horror or exercise fearful judgement when it's required. As evidence toward this, when the group was rolling up reasonable, urbane, ordinary Call of Cthulhu characters, he decided to make a doctor.

With maximum ranks in the "headbutt" skill. More points in "headbutt" than he had in "medicine", and his character was a doctor. My friend convinced him to at least make his "medicine" skill equal to "headbutt", and the game proceeded on track.

You know the old saying, "Give a man a hammer, and everything looks like a nail?" Well, when you turn a man into a hammer, the same thing is true. Donnie tried to headbutt everything even vaguely problematic. It started with a door that wouldn't open, escalated to an ATM (which he scored a critical success against, and landed some free cash) and climaxed with him headbutting a skeleton after stumbling out-

Let's wind it back a bit. During the course of the adventure, when they started encountering horrific skeletons that stalked their every move during the night, the party decided to tool up on weaponry. They visited a mall, broke in, and decided to ransack some of the shops to acquire weapons. Someone got a fire axe from a hardware store. Most got guns from a gun store. Donnie, since he liked fireworks, decided to drive to the local mining supply depot while this was happening, and after headbutting his way into a badly locked supply shack he made off with a backpack full of dynamite.

Eventually they tracked the skeletons down to an old well in the back garden of a manor house, and after a bit of research discovered that it had a cursed stone in at the bottom. Being pro-active, Donnie suggested they lower him into the well with a flashlight and his dynamite, and he'd rig it to blow. It sounded plausible, so they lowered him down with the flashlight and a pistol, and waited until he was in place.

Messing around in the thick mud at the bottom, his flashlight soon failed. Not alarmed, Donnie started feeling around to find the cursed stone, and was in the process of feeling its edges when the cursed blood he was sloshing around in began to form into yet more skeletons, as it was so dark down there it might as well be night. A skeleton grabbed the rope and pulled it down, and then began wrestling with him, dragging him into the mud.

Donnie let out a shout. Up at the top of the well, the rest of the party thought he was asking for the dynamite, and tossed it down. Desperately, Donnie began to headbutt the dynamite, hoping to set it off before the skeleton flayed him alive. Cue the following exchange:

"He's taking a long time down there."
"Can you see what's going on?"
"No, my flashlight isn't working."
"Give me those matches."

The player fumbled and dropped the match, and Donnie simultaneously landed a critical hit with his headbutt.

A massive explosion blew the well to smithereens. Rolling on the resistance table, Donnie survived the initial explosion, was thrown several blocks away, and crashed into some lady's house, breaking his legs. Understandably panicked, the lady called an ambulance, and five minutes later it turned up. At this point Donnie regained consciousness, and rather than be taken to hospital, he held the ambulance crew up with his pistol and stole the ambulance.

Meanwhile, a horrible, rapidly decaying, muddy skeleton made from blood and charred, broken stone clawed its way out of the well in the shadow of the (now wrecked) house and began to advance on the party. Cue a massive combat that grew rapidly more tense, until it was interrupted by the sound of...

Sirens? The ambulance crashed through the fence, ran over the skeleton and screeched to a halt. Donnie, his legs broken, staggered out of the ambulance and fell to the ground, right beside the pinned monster. It proceeded to try and grab him, and he responded the only way he knew how.

With a headbutt.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #164 on: February 28, 2011, 08:45:40 PM »
It made me lol, and marvel at the manliness.
"You'll still be living in caves."
"Hell I don't mind that."
[spoiler][/spoiler]
befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #165 on: February 28, 2011, 09:52:06 PM »
How did he drive WITH HIS LEGS BROKEN?
Gendou Ikari is basically Gregory House in Kaminashades. This is FACT.

For proof, look here:

http://www.layoutjelly.com/image_27/gendo_ikari/

[SPOILER]
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Katana of Enlightenment.
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

I HAVE BROKEN THE 69 INTERNETS BARRIER!

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
  • Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.
« Reply #166 on: February 28, 2011, 10:54:02 PM »
How did he drive WITH HIS LEGS BROKEN?
He headbutted the pedals.

Gods_Trick

• King Kong
« Reply #167 on: March 01, 2011, 12:04:44 AM »
Roleplaying Experiences Thread from SA
A friend of mine, one of my regular players, borrowed my Call of Cthulhu material and decided he was going to run a game at the gaming society we both attend. This was a bad idea for a couple of reasons, the first being that it's hard to do evocative horror when you have a busy, happy background going on around you (unless you're specifically playing up the social alienation angle). The second, and more important, reason it was a bad idea was because he invited Donnie to play.

Donnie is a good guy. I ran a Blue Rose campaign, he played in it, and it was great fun for all involved. However, Donnie is not a subtle guy, and he's not the sort of guy who can experience horror or exercise fearful judgement when it's required. As evidence toward this, when the group was rolling up reasonable, urbane, ordinary Call of Cthulhu characters, he decided to make a doctor.

With maximum ranks in the "headbutt" skill. More points in "headbutt" than he had in "medicine", and his character was a doctor. My friend convinced him to at least make his "medicine" skill equal to "headbutt", and the game proceeded on track.

You know the old saying, "Give a man a hammer, and everything looks like a nail?" Well, when you turn a man into a hammer, the same thing is true. Donnie tried to headbutt everything even vaguely problematic. It started with a door that wouldn't open, escalated to an ATM (which he scored a critical success against, and landed some free cash) and climaxed with him headbutting a skeleton after stumbling out-

Let's wind it back a bit. During the course of the adventure, when they started encountering horrific skeletons that stalked their every move during the night, the party decided to tool up on weaponry. They visited a mall, broke in, and decided to ransack some of the shops to acquire weapons. Someone got a fire axe from a hardware store. Most got guns from a gun store. Donnie, since he liked fireworks, decided to drive to the local mining supply depot while this was happening, and after headbutting his way into a badly locked supply shack he made off with a backpack full of dynamite.

Eventually they tracked the skeletons down to an old well in the back garden of a manor house, and after a bit of research discovered that it had a cursed stone in at the bottom. Being pro-active, Donnie suggested they lower him into the well with a flashlight and his dynamite, and he'd rig it to blow. It sounded plausible, so they lowered him down with the flashlight and a pistol, and waited until he was in place.

Messing around in the thick mud at the bottom, his flashlight soon failed. Not alarmed, Donnie started feeling around to find the cursed stone, and was in the process of feeling its edges when the cursed blood he was sloshing around in began to form into yet more skeletons, as it was so dark down there it might as well be night. A skeleton grabbed the rope and pulled it down, and then began wrestling with him, dragging him into the mud.

Donnie let out a shout. Up at the top of the well, the rest of the party thought he was asking for the dynamite, and tossed it down. Desperately, Donnie began to headbutt the dynamite, hoping to set it off before the skeleton flayed him alive. Cue the following exchange:

"He's taking a long time down there."
"Can you see what's going on?"
"No, my flashlight isn't working."
"Give me those matches."

The player fumbled and dropped the match, and Donnie simultaneously landed a critical hit with his headbutt.

A massive explosion blew the well to smithereens. Rolling on the resistance table, Donnie survived the initial explosion, was thrown several blocks away, and crashed into some lady's house, breaking his legs. Understandably panicked, the lady called an ambulance, and five minutes later it turned up. At this point Donnie regained consciousness, and rather than be taken to hospital, he held the ambulance crew up with his pistol and stole the ambulance.

Meanwhile, a horrible, rapidly decaying, muddy skeleton made from blood and charred, broken stone clawed its way out of the well in the shadow of the (now wrecked) house and began to advance on the party. Cue a massive combat that grew rapidly more tense, until it was interrupted by the sound of...

Sirens? The ambulance crashed through the fence, ran over the skeleton and screeched to a halt. Donnie, his legs broken, staggered out of the ambulance and fell to the ground, right beside the pinned monster. It proceeded to try and grab him, and he responded the only way he knew how.

With a headbutt.

I love this campaign. He ruined/made it better. With a headbutt.

bhu

• Organ Grinder
  • Convincing the rich whale fat enemas are healthy
« Reply #168 on: March 01, 2011, 07:07:48 AM »
You know I think there's an actual Korean fighting style based on headbutting...

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #169 on: March 01, 2011, 08:52:07 AM »
According to that wiki, I dunno about Korean, but there's an African martial arts style that focuses on it called Testa. Which is doubly funny for me, because "Testa" means "Forehead" in Portuguese.

For proof, look here:

[SPOILER]
Final Fantasy 7
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
  • Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.
« Reply #170 on: March 01, 2011, 01:53:46 PM »
According to that wiki, I dunno about Korean, but there's an African martial arts style that focuses on it called Testa. Which is doubly funny for me, because "Testa" means "Forehead" in Portuguese.
Apparently it's also the Italian word for head.

InnaBinder

• Grape ape
  • OnnaTable
    • Okay - - Your Turn: Monte Cook's Message Board
« Reply #171 on: March 01, 2011, 07:49:04 PM »
Another from DYAC: http://damnyouautocorrect.com/6039/auto-engrish/ Site is NSFW
Winning an argument on the internet is like winning in the Special Olympics.  You won, but you're still retarded.

I made a Handbook!?

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #172 on: March 02, 2011, 12:12:39 PM »
Yesterday, I coincidentally found a homebrew 3.5 adaptation of the Forsaker PrC. The material itself is nothing to write home about (pretty much what you'd expect), the notes are what qualifies it for this.

Are you tired of the materialism and emphasis on acquiring new gear, fostered by high-magic games? When you escape into a fantasy world, do you really want to worry about things like money and equipment? [...]

The D&D 3.0 book Masters of the Wild has a prestige class called Forsaker. You can probably appreciate the concept: a character without magic items; who doesn't even notice an Antimagic Field; who doesn't suffer greatly when all his stuff is taken away or destroyed; who doesn't need to participate in all the nitpicking of treasure division.

But most important, the Forsaker is a character defined entirely by who he is and what he does. It lets you more fully explore the nuances of a race, and focus on role playing in tough situations.

[...]Regardless of the reason, they have also learned that by forsaking magic, they can become as powerful and resilient as their magic-using peers.

Forsakers have no trouble adventuring with parties of magic-using characters. At the same time, forsakers are highly self-sufficient and well-suited to the occasional solo adventure. It is often said that forsakers are harbingers of a time to come, when magic will have less influence in the world. At times, forsakers seem to embody the inevitable and unstoppable force of nature, leaving behind a wake of devastation.
*snicker*
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #173 on: March 02, 2011, 06:52:20 PM »
Danbooru link, NSFW as always.

I thought this was cute.

Edit:

[spoiler][/spoiler]
This, however...
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 10:29:31 PM by Sinfire Titan »

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #174 on: March 02, 2011, 10:33:27 PM »
[spoiler][/spoiler]
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #175 on: March 03, 2011, 04:47:52 PM »
This belongs in the "Cannot Unsee" and "ROFLLAMO" piles. (More Danbooru links, NSFW as always).

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #176 on: March 03, 2011, 05:31:48 PM »
Wow. Who needs Prozac when you've got that pic?  :P

For proof, look here:

[SPOILER]
Final Fantasy 7
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

bhu

• Organ Grinder
  • Convincing the rich whale fat enemas are healthy
« Reply #177 on: March 03, 2011, 10:18:46 PM »

Risada

• Grape ape
  • Wearing this outfit in the name of SCIENCE!
    • Email
« Reply #178 on: March 03, 2011, 10:48:49 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6CcxJQq1x8

One thing scared me: a cat was reading a book about militry strategy.

YOU AND YOUR KIN WANT TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD, RIGHT!?  :twitch :lmao

Gods_Trick

• King Kong
« Reply #179 on: March 03, 2011, 11:34:47 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6CcxJQq1x8

One thing scared me: a cat was reading a book about militry strategy.

YOU AND YOUR KIN WANT TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD, RIGHT!?  :twitch :lmao

Want to? I thought they already did and have enslaved the weak willed?