Author Topic: Things That Make You LoL, Act 3  (Read 148223 times)

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
Things That Make You LoL, Act 3
« on: January 22, 2011, 07:13:48 AM »
Because the old one was at 100.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

altpersona

• Organ Grinder
  • BG forum Emperor Ad Litem
    • Altpersona.net
Re: Things That Make You LoL, Act 3
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 09:09:45 AM »
euthanthreadsia
The goal of power is power. - idk
We are not descended from fearful men. - Murrow

The Final Countdown is now stuck in your head.

Anim-manga sux.

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2011, 02:14:40 PM »
Say kids, has anyone been chronicling my awesome exploits? I'm having a hard time keeping track.

...I feel like I'm getting old.
Gendou Ikari is basically Gregory House in Kaminashades. This is FACT.

For proof, look here:

http://www.layoutjelly.com/image_27/gendo_ikari/

[SPOILER]
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Katana of Enlightenment.
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

I HAVE BROKEN THE 69 INTERNETS BARRIER!

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2011, 07:03:04 PM »
Say kids, has anyone been chronicling my awesome exploits? I'm having a hard time keeping track.

Somebody should make a book of them.
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

Monotremeancer

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2011, 07:38:00 PM »

If I ever get myself some kids, I'll read it to them
Who cares for realism when you can be awesome?

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2011, 07:48:23 PM »

If I ever get myself some kids, I'll read it to them

That right there, it touched my heart. Thank you.

For proof, look here:

[SPOILER]
Final Fantasy 7
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2011, 11:08:07 PM »
I forget, did I show this to you, Kuro?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_N4dXcrhO8
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2011, 01:59:24 AM »
I forget, did I show this to you, Kuro?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_N4dXcrhO8
Nope, I don't think so.

Kinda missed the point other than OMFG THAT GUY DOESN'T EXIST though.

For proof, look here:

[SPOILER]
Final Fantasy 7
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2011, 11:38:51 AM »

For proof, look here:

[SPOILER]
Final Fantasy 7
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

altpersona

• Organ Grinder
  • BG forum Emperor Ad Litem
    • Altpersona.net
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2011, 11:41:12 AM »
glad to see they dropped the price on hentai games
The goal of power is power. - idk
We are not descended from fearful men. - Murrow

The Final Countdown is now stuck in your head.

Anim-manga sux.

BrokeAndDrive

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
  • Why are there no ghosts of dinosaurs?
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2011, 09:15:50 PM »
NSFW[spoiler]http://bayimg.com/JadokAadH[/spoiler]Supposed to be sexy, but all it does for me is make me snicker. There's something about the look on her face that tickles the shit out of me. "That ass. It's mine. Miiiiine."
Random quotes:[spoiler]I think Roy's coinages are shitty and dumb, but Failroy has to take the cake for the dumbest new compound word of the year
~

That was kind of the point. I was trying to be a Roy parody, but I guess it didn't come across overly well.

==

JaronK is of course most famous for his massive thought experiments into placing classes into tiers. While a kind of nifty idea, and a decent enough way to think about stuff, his particular tier assignments were basically insane. Apparently the criteria he used was to assign classes relative strength based on what bullshit he personally would let them get away with at 20th level.

So Factotums were rated very highly, because apparently he would let them use Rokugan-exclusive skills with Forgotten Realms-exclusive weapons from the back of MM2 templated warbeasts. But Rogues suck donkey dick, becuase he wouldn't let them use Use Magic Device to read scrolls of Planar Binding. It was a very surreal argument.
~

And to think the system was immortalized in OOTS. As a general rule, I try to avoid all tier discussion there because it's the De Facto system at BG, and I'm not going to change anyone's mind.

Besides, I think if most people are pressed, they will admit that it's just an estimate, anyway, and that results can vary from table to table.
~

My only real complaint with the tier system is that at one point I was tired (tiered?) of hearing about it.[/spoiler]

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2011, 09:19:20 PM »
NSFW[spoiler]http://bayimg.com/JadokAadH[/spoiler]Supposed to be sexy, but all it does for me is make me snicker. There's something about the look on her face that tickles the shit out of me. "That ass. It's mine. Miiiiine."

Kinda half-and-half for me.

That's a Japanese girl's ass for ya. XD

For proof, look here:

[SPOILER]
Final Fantasy 7
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

BrokeAndDrive

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2011, 09:22:49 PM »
Kinda half-and-half for me.

That's a Japanese girl's ass for ya. XD
Random quotes:[spoiler]I think Roy's coinages are shitty and dumb, but Failroy has to take the cake for the dumbest new compound word of the year
~

That was kind of the point. I was trying to be a Roy parody, but I guess it didn't come across overly well.

==

JaronK is of course most famous for his massive thought experiments into placing classes into tiers. While a kind of nifty idea, and a decent enough way to think about stuff, his particular tier assignments were basically insane. Apparently the criteria he used was to assign classes relative strength based on what bullshit he personally would let them get away with at 20th level.

So Factotums were rated very highly, because apparently he would let them use Rokugan-exclusive skills with Forgotten Realms-exclusive weapons from the back of MM2 templated warbeasts. But Rogues suck donkey dick, becuase he wouldn't let them use Use Magic Device to read scrolls of Planar Binding. It was a very surreal argument.
~

And to think the system was immortalized in OOTS. As a general rule, I try to avoid all tier discussion there because it's the De Facto system at BG, and I'm not going to change anyone's mind.

Besides, I think if most people are pressed, they will admit that it's just an estimate, anyway, and that results can vary from table to table.
~

My only real complaint with the tier system is that at one point I was tired (tiered?) of hearing about it.[/spoiler]

InnaBinder

• Grape ape
  • OnnaTable
    • Okay - - Your Turn: Monte Cook's Message Board
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2011, 10:28:30 PM »
Winning an argument on the internet is like winning in the Special Olympics.  You won, but you're still retarded.

I made a Handbook!?

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2011, 10:36:47 PM »

For proof, look here:

[SPOILER]
Final Fantasy 7
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
  • Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2011, 10:44:51 PM »
I think that's 3.0. The nitpick they have with the balor seems to be that the enhancement bonus on the weapon is too low to hurt other demons and devils, which implies that they're not just using DR/magic.

InnaBinder

• Grape ape
  • OnnaTable
    • Okay - - Your Turn: Monte Cook's Message Board
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2011, 11:10:54 PM »
I think that's 3.0. The nitpick they have with the balor seems to be that the enhancement bonus on the weapon is too low to hurt other demons and devils, which implies that they're not just using DR/magic.
You may be right; it says 3e at the top, but makes reference to both updates and errata, which led to the 3.5 label I gave it.
Winning an argument on the internet is like winning in the Special Olympics.  You won, but you're still retarded.

I made a Handbook!?

BrokeAndDrive

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2011, 12:08:38 AM »
3.5 errors list

"You backwoods Dwarves still dig, what ever for?"
Wall of Iron produces real iron as an instant spell (so it can't be dispelled and is non-magical) and by the price guidelines on PHB 96 & 114 and the Avaibility guidelines on DMG 137, you can hire a wizard to cast a spell that produces roughly 1800 gp worth of iron for only 500 gp in any small town or larger settlement. And yet iron mining supposedly exists in the game world.
The way I've always thought it is: yes, you COULD... well, if you can find one that isn't using his 11th-lvl wizardry to advise the world's greatest king or emperor, or isn't trying to take over the world, or isn't concerned (with his Int of 30+) about the repercussions or upsetting the world's balance by magic'ing in all this material -- with those smarts, he probably calculates the planet's volume of a given ore as morning mental calisthenics! -- or is using all his spell slots to protect himself from other powerful casters' divinations, teleportations, and minions

And hope he's willing to work for YOUR sorry, peasant asses. That is, if your sorry, peasant asses can reach him. Wouldn't that be about on-par with one of us trying to get an audience with a reclusive hollywood celebrity?

AND if he is by some miracle, the price for his servitude (just because the DMG says that's the cost, doesn't mean every wizard will agree with that "minimum wage") isn't so high that it's cheaper to just hire miners anyway.

Just like in the real world. Yes, there are HD plasma screens. And everyone COULD go to a doctor to do twenty scans and tests on your body each and every week looking for every sort of ailment. And there exists white linguine shrimp in the face of Long John Silver's and Cheez Whiz. And there's such things as beach-side homes in Los Angeles. And yet, not everyone has these things, and still choose other stuff, when the's so much better. I wonder why.

"So that's what those pointy bits do..."
The 20th level Expert Trapmaker with Search, Profession: Trapmaker, Craft: Trapmaking, Knowledge: Famous Traps and Knowledge: Magical Traps all maxed out at 23 ranks, cannot attempt to find a trap if the Search DC is over 20, but the 1st level rogue with none of those skills can.
I agree. Let's slaughter that sacred cow already.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 01:37:39 AM by BrokeAndDrive »
~

==

~

~

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2011, 10:52:21 AM »
Two more of Kuro's improbable tales, which happened over the weekend, plus this morning.

Chapter ??: The case of the Satanized Hobo.

I was walking to the home of a friend of mine, who was throwing a reception party (he was graduating). On the way I get stopped by a hobo. Dude stank so badly that "high heaven" doesn't do it justice. Mostly booze and pot. "Hey dude, give me some change so I can buy food." "I ain't got any to give you." "Wasn't asking." So he pulls a switchblade on me.

Cue eyeroll.

"Look, I really don't have time for this shit. I'm late for my thing already." "The hell kind of thing do you have going at midnight?"

"Satanic ritual." /deadpan.

"?!?"

"Yeah, we're going to eat the heart of a hobo to obtain eternal life. That reminds me, I'm in charge of getting the hobo..." *cracks neck and knuckles* "I think you'll do."

Cue hobo running in terror and screaming something to the effect of "Get away! Evil skull! Demon!"

Chapter ??+1: Return of the S10 thief.

I was on the way home from the local bus station this morning after I worked out (I had to buy a bus ticket for one of my cousins who would be going back home, we decided to buy the ticket in advance), when I start getting this feeling that I'm being followed. Eventually, I stop by this dumpster and turn around. There's this gaggle of punks, maybe six or so. But I get this weird feeling that I recognize one of them.

"Can I help you, gentlemen?"

"We want your cell phone, your money, your shoes..."

"As the Rolling Stones used to sing, You Can't Always Get What You Want. By the way, I think I recognize that little pudge over there."

I point to the guy. Sure enough, it was the punk I had stopped when I was run over by that S10.

"Small world, huh?"

The guy starts sweating bullets, while the others turn to mock him. Meanwhile, I peer into the dumpster and I see this broom stick poking out. I grab it and spin it around a little.

"Glad you guys could have a laugh. Bye bye."

"Hold on, you ain't given us anything yet."

"And I don't plan to."

"Shake him."

Cue me falling back on my old kenjutsu days to force them to regret it. The Pudge, however, hadn't even moved.

"Better call an ambulance. I think this shit's infected with something."

And I walk.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 10:53:54 AM by Kuroimaken »

For proof, look here:

[SPOILER]
Final Fantasy 7
Get yours.[/SPOILER]