Author Topic: "Approved" Homebrew  (Read 1702 times)

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
"Approved" Homebrew
« on: July 13, 2008, 01:37:18 PM »
There are some cool homebrew classes and feats out there, but since some of it is horribly unbalanced, it can be tough to get your DM to allow them.

I suggest that a small group of users with an eye for balance form a sort of committee. Any class that all members think is balanced will be added to a stickied list.

If a class is in this list, a DM should be able to use it in his campaign with as much confidence as an official publication.

So, does anyone feel that they are interested and qualified for this?
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Stratovarius

• Hong Kong
  • Player Resource Consortium
    • Player Resource Consortium
    • Email
Re: "Approved" Homebrew
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2008, 05:07:28 PM »
I can try giving it a stab, but I'm certainly not in the top tier of optimization gurus.
Arhosa Campaign World - Always Recruiting
Past, Present, and Future
Osteomancy - Rune Magic - Astral Magic
Class and Rule Collection
Player Resource Consortium
That is not dead which can eternal lie
And with strange aeons even death may die

OneWinged4ngel

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
Re: "Approved" Homebrew
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 02:28:09 PM »
There are some cool homebrew classes and feats out there, but since some of it is horribly unbalanced, it can be tough to get your DM to allow them.

I suggest that a small group of users with an eye for balance form a sort of committee. Any class that all members think is balanced will be added to a stickied list.

If a class is in this list, a DM should be able to use it in his campaign with as much confidence as an official publication.

So, does anyone feel that they are interested and qualified for this?

...I guess I could try to find time to do it.  No promises though.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 02:30:48 PM by OneWinged4ngel »