Author Topic: Best martial anti-caster build?  (Read 24783 times)

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
  • Aistii valoa auttavasti
    • Email
Re: Best martial anti-caster build?
« Reply #120 on: February 07, 2011, 07:48:01 PM »
So shrink a few huge boulders, attach them to the bottoms of your shoes and when the AMF comes you are immediately elevated above it and you can teleport away? Not optimal, but I like the mental image.

Handy Links

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
  • Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.
« Reply #121 on: February 07, 2011, 07:50:38 PM »
So shrink a few huge boulders, attach them to the bottoms of your shoes and when the AMF comes you are immediately elevated above it and you can teleport away? Not optimal, but I like the mental image.
You also get points with the party cleric for being pious.

SorO_Lost

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • I'll kill you before you're born.
« Reply #122 on: February 07, 2011, 10:30:33 PM »
So I can't claim to be the person that did the thing that I did? Or am I reading the wrong tone into that statement?
I'm saying indirectly you claimed to be the one that did and we'll never know if it's true or not. However, if you did then it does explain a bit.

They don't share the same space, but they don't have to. You can stack the cones up like those doll-within-a-doll toys, and just have slightly smaller hats inside slightly larger ones. The largest one grants the next largest one total cover, allowing it to stay small until it's blown up via antimagic.

C'mon, man. It's not difficult to imagine.
Sure it is. You're still ignoring reality and presuming the exact moment a molecular sized peace of the hat enters the AMF it instantaneously expended in such a way no other hats, or wizard, were affected. In my head, the arrow still flies faster than gravity and is under neath all hats forcing them all to return to size. Well, maybe just the inner one since it the arrow lodge in the wizard's body the inner most one would provide cover for the rest and antimagic suppressed not dispels so they would return to normal size. And if it landed outside then the all mighty tower of hats would be there since the lowest part of each would stick out.

Hey, you're the one bandying your genitals about like you have something to prove. I'm just the idea-man.
And here is my idea. The hat thing is a joke on the wrong class it intended to. And so I want you know be aware of better options and not sit here ripping holes in this idea like I have to some how convince you to stop being mediocre.

If my contingency explicitly takes place after something, then no.
And you can stop there.
"Walking is hard if you cut off both feet."
Does not mean walking is hard.

Deliberately screwing up your contingency does not give you ground to argue on.

Because you can use the hat for so much more than just an AMF. It works against anything that requires LoE or LoS. Do something similar with the bottoms of your shoes and you've got a nice self-contained biosphere until you port out.
With a huge hole at the bottom so strike the concepts of ever using flight. Ph, and falling into liquids since you can't fly.

In fact, idk I haven't thought of this before. Sculpt Spell includes a "4 ten foot cubes" option and is only +1 level. Screw casting teleport via contingency, lock your self in one cube and up to three enemies in others. It's like the hat with god granted powers of ignorance in every regard, but immune to damage, traps opponents, doesn't render you blind against what ever preparations may be happening to murder you, and with some BSing you can try convincing your DM it isn't invisible, trade off you lose the chance to laugh when they slam their face into it, to make it look like this.

I like it better than the snowman shield. I dub thee, "The Hachi ~ Concept by Lost".
You can drop the last part, just claiming dibs in this post so I can prove I thought of it later.

That idea works too. Swap to stilts though, excludes the possibility of a Torc being dragged up with you if throw or in the arrow example missed but landed close.

Challenging a concept for usefulness has in turn produced three better alternatives almost overnight. Hate me, but I'm useful.
+2 to the guys coming up with improvements.
Tiers explained in 8 sentences. With examples!
[spoiler]Tiers break down into who has spellcasting more than anything else due to spells being better than anything else in the game.
6: Skill based. Commoner, Expert, Samurai.
5: Mundane warrior. Barbarian, Fighter, Monk.
4: Partial casters. Adapt, Hexblade, Paladin, Ranger, Spelltheif.
3: Focused casters. Bard, Beguiler, Dread Necromancer, Martial Adapts, Warmage.
2: Full casters. Favored Soul, Psion, Sorcerer, Wu Jen.
1: Elitists. Artificer, Cleric, Druid, Wizard.
0: Gods. StP Erudite, Illthid Savant, Pun-Pun, Rocks fall & you die.
[/spoiler]