Author Topic: So...anyone heard of this Dresden thing? lol  (Read 4185 times)

neko128

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
Re: So...anyone heard of this Dresden thing? lol
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2011, 02:37:39 AM »
^^
Yes, but fully nonhuman creatures can have free will(plus other than PCs, starting Refresh can be rather high too), seeing as Mouse is at a playble Refresh.
So from that, full Fae MAY retain free will, but most of them don't.

Also, Aurora was trying to give Summer power to Winter. By her own nature thats completely against everything she stands for.

I found the quote from the rulebook I was looking for:

And another (specifically talking about the Changelings, such as from Summer Knight):

If they're fully Fae or generally fully supernatural, they don't have free will or a choice - they have a nature.  The Lady of Summer is included.  It's just that her nature, which she intended to follow to the destruction of her own faction, included a driving necessity to protect mortals.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2011, 04:56:04 AM »
If they go fae, they get all the powers of their
type, but lose a lot of their free will
Reads to me like its essentially going White Court Vampire, which is still a playable character(arguably Red Court as well until the extinction level event), but they don't have far to fall.
You can resist your nature, but its difficult(Heck, strong as Thomas is, he'd probably be NPC material if not for his high base refresh compensating for all the hits hes taking).
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

neko128

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2011, 09:43:20 AM »
If they go fae, they get all the powers of their
type, but lose a lot of their free will
Reads to me like its essentially going White Court Vampire, which is still a playable character(arguably Red Court as well until the extinction level event), but they don't have far to fall.
You can resist your nature, but its difficult(Heck, strong as Thomas is, he'd probably be NPC material if not for his high base refresh compensating for all the hits hes taking).

Vampires are still at least partially mortal, so they can resist their natures.  The same with changelings, the Alphas, Hexenwolfs, wizards, psychics, etcetera.  Fae aren't.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2011, 11:50:54 AM »
^^
Changelings who have Chosen still have that little shred of mortality(though naturally all the buffs from going Ogre is going to blow your Refresh clean away)
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."