Author Topic: Campaign Thread IV: Losing Your Virginity is Easier in the Woods  (Read 131728 times)

bhu

• Organ Grinder
  • Convincing the rich whale fat enemas are healthy
Re: Campaign Thread IV: Losing Your Virginity is Easier in the Woods
« Reply #440 on: July 22, 2011, 07:54:22 PM »
Bartholomeow shoots a glare at the audacious individuals and their man-crab. "Do not despair Truffles. I'm sure we shall find much more tasty morsels when we return to the city to purview the decimation of the Mage's Guild."
"Remember that it might be in our better interests to cut off the head and take control of the impressionable talent there, rather than slaughter them wholesale. I might be a killer, but I can see the tactical advantages in some trained pawns, no matter how lowly. They're still better trained than the average; we could use that.

"Though yes, it might be useful to... assist the medusa before we leave. What's the news from above, Ceus?"

Seeing the little squirrel challenge him, he finds himself incredibly amused. Crouching to see him eye to eye, he smiles and says, "With an attitude like that, I'm sure you could overcome me easily. I wish I had more readily strong agents like you around..." A lightbulb flashes in his head, which he found odd considering lightbulbs didn't yet exist in his realm. He stored the note away with the rest.

"LET'S WRASSLE!!!"

He grabs your foot and strains to absolutely no effect whatsover.

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #441 on: July 22, 2011, 07:55:41 PM »
Robby: "You interested in a +3 Ferret?"
"Um... what's it do? Just the normal ferret stuff, but better? I knew a guy who was into that, but it's not my cup of tea. Thanks."

"Whaddaya mean what's it do?  It kills stuff.  It can even track down stuff for food and/or killing.  What more do you want in a weapon?"

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #442 on: July 22, 2011, 07:58:39 PM »
"Though yes, it might be useful to... assist the medusa before we leave. What's the news from above, Ceusic?"
[spoiler]Your mixing the names of Ceusharath and Cusic.  :twitch

Also, please note that Italics indicate telepathic communication[/spoiler]

"Lycan's are killing of the rest of the Mages, Benny got a bunch of them already.

Also, I seem to remember Teo having a plan for the medusa.
:smirk"

Now that guy needing a job should be somewhere here. Say Ceus, rather loudly, hoping his potential assistant will here him.

"I'm looking for an evil minion position, what do you pay?  There's a ghost critter who may be your competition though."

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #443 on: July 22, 2011, 09:07:09 PM »
Now that guy needing a job should be somewhere here. Say Ceus, rather loudly, hoping his potential assistant will here him.

"I'm looking for an evil minion position, what do you pay?  There's a ghost critter who may be your competition though."

:lmao
"I doubt you'll be seeing him anytime soon. What Would you say is a fair wage?"
Manifesting Detect thoughts. DC 16 or I read his mind.
Further, Sense motive, taking ten and using inqusitor for a total of 34.
Countdown to Zombie Apocalypse 97
When you see this, copy it into your sig and -1
:lovefirefox
Quotes [spoiler]
In other words, he thinks there's a "correct" way to play D&D.  *sigh*
There is: Kill shit and loot the corpse!
When you use a tool the way it was designed for -- its intended function -- then it will work very well for you.

But it's not the tool's fault if you use it for something else and you fail utterly, such as trying to eat cereal with a butterknife, pounding nails with a screwdriver, blogging to voice your political opinions, and brushing your teeth with a hammer.
[/spoiler]

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #444 on: July 23, 2011, 11:43:52 AM »
"Whaddaya mean what's it do?  It kills stuff.  It can even track down stuff for food and/or killing.  What more do you want in a weapon?"
"Does it understand common, or does it just kinda do it's own thing? How much you want for it?"
My balancing 3.5 compendium
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
Quote from: Cafiend
It is a shame stupidity isn't painful.
Quote from: StormKnight
Totally true.  Historians believe that most past civilizations would have endured for centuries longer if they had successfully determined Batman's alignment.
Quote from: Grand Theft Otto
Why are so many posts on the board the equivalent of " Dear Dr. Crotch, I keep punching myself in the crotch, and my groin hurts... what should I do? How can I make my groin stop hurting?"
Quote from: CryoSilver
I suggest carving "Don't be a dick" into him with a knife.  A dull, rusty knife.  A dull, rusty, bent, flaming knife.
Quote from: Seerow
Fluffy: It's over Steve! I've got the high ground!
Steve: You underestimate my power!
Fluffy: Don't try it, Steve!
Steve: *charges*
Fluffy: *three critical strikes*
Steve: ****
Quote from: claypigeons
I don't even stat out commoners. Commoner = corpse that just isn't a zombie. Yet.
When I think "Old Testament Boots of Peace" I think of a paladin curb-stomping an orc and screaming "Your death brings peace to this land!"
Quote from: Orville_Oaksong
Buy a small country. Or Pelor. Both are good investments.
[/spoiler]

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #445 on: July 23, 2011, 05:12:52 PM »
"It understand s common at the least.  seeing as it's used we'll give you a discount at 15,000 GP."

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #446 on: July 23, 2011, 05:18:08 PM »

:lmao
"I doubt you'll be seeing him anytime soon. What Would you say is a fair wage?"
Manifesting Detect thoughts. DC 16 or I read his mind.
Further, Sense motive, taking ten and using inqusitor for a total of 34.

[spoiler]"Why the standard fees set by the Guild of Evil Minions of course."

He's not fibbing

His thoughts: "I hope this one doesn't try using me as cannon fodder or spell components or butt raping me in the night.  It's getting harder to murder Evil masters and make it look like an accident.  Too bad there isn't a Guild for good minions.  Working out servant contracts with good guys on your own is such a pain."[/spoiler]

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #447 on: July 23, 2011, 06:12:00 PM »
"I've only been around a few days, what are the standard wages?"
(his mind is still being read, and He only got 1 save :D)
Quotes [spoiler]
When you use a tool the way it was designed for -- its intended function -- then it will work very well for you.

But it's not the tool's fault if you use it for something else and you fail utterly, such as trying to eat cereal with a butterknife, pounding nails with a screwdriver, blogging to voice your political opinions, and brushing your teeth with a hammer.
[/spoiler]

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #448 on: July 23, 2011, 06:16:57 PM »
"I've only been around a few days, what are the standard wages?"
(his mind is still being read, and He only got 1 save :D)

"This is the standard contract."  He pulls a 200 page document from his backpack.

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #449 on: July 23, 2011, 07:34:50 PM »
"It understand s common at the least.  seeing as it's used we'll give you a discount at 15,000 GP."
"Hmmm... I don't have that kind of money. Oh well."
My balancing 3.5 compendium
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
Quote from: Cafiend
It is a shame stupidity isn't painful.
Quote from: StormKnight
Totally true.  Historians believe that most past civilizations would have endured for centuries longer if they had successfully determined Batman's alignment.
Quote from: Grand Theft Otto
Why are so many posts on the board the equivalent of " Dear Dr. Crotch, I keep punching myself in the crotch, and my groin hurts... what should I do? How can I make my groin stop hurting?"
I suggest carving "Don't be a dick" into him with a knife.  A dull, rusty knife.  A dull, rusty, bent, flaming knife.
Quote from: Seerow
Fluffy: It's over Steve! I've got the high ground!
Steve: You underestimate my power!
Fluffy: Don't try it, Steve!
Steve: *charges*
Fluffy: *three critical strikes*
Steve: ****
Quote from: claypigeons
I don't even stat out commoners. Commoner = corpse that just isn't a zombie. Yet.
When I think "Old Testament Boots of Peace" I think of a paladin curb-stomping an orc and screaming "Your death brings peace to this land!"
Quote from: Orville_Oaksong
Buy a small country. Or Pelor. Both are good investments.
[/spoiler]

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #450 on: July 23, 2011, 07:41:28 PM »
"This is the standard contract."  He pulls a 200 page document from his backpack.
"I think I can see why you're having trouble getting a job." :eh
Quotes [spoiler]

[/spoiler]

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #451 on: July 23, 2011, 08:40:57 PM »
"Hmmm... I don't have that kind of money. Oh well."

"Give us a price range brother and we'll find you something!"  :D

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #452 on: July 23, 2011, 08:42:17 PM »
"I think I can see why you're having trouble getting a job." :eh

"Yeah Guild rules are a bitch.  If you don't wanna go through them I spose I can freelance.  We can always have a lawyer up top write something up since you guys are a Guild."

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #453 on: July 23, 2011, 08:43:19 PM »
To the Squireels

"I'm  a awakened living spell. Pretty cool huh?"

"What kind of spell?  You ain't no curse are ya?"

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #454 on: July 23, 2011, 08:45:06 PM »
Alcy points at the points of her ears. "Do these look human to you?" She thinks for a moment, and says, "Nevermind, they probably do. No matter. For your information, I am not human. Best you ask one for the answer to your question."

"Holy shit you are huge for an elf."

Sir Shadow

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #455 on: July 23, 2011, 08:59:00 PM »
"Hmph... an individual's height is often used as a measure of their strength, but I think otherwise..."

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #456 on: July 24, 2011, 03:37:43 AM »
Alcy looks down at the creature and responds, "Actually, I am not an elf, either. Their eyes sometimes have colors uncommon to other humanoids, but they typically only have one color. My kind's eyes are more... opalescent." She moves her head a bit to show how the colors shift.

Responding to Bartholomew's comments, she says, "In that, I agree. One's height has nothing to do with their strength. It might give someone better leverage, but it is one's inner self that provides true strength... though muscles certainly help. Regardless, I have seen plenty of power coming from small packages, no less from those around me now."

The ghaele eladrin turns to face the rest of the group. "Have we resolved everything here? Should we return?"

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #457 on: July 24, 2011, 05:19:47 AM »
Kintal pipes up, "That's right, size isn't everything!"
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #458 on: July 24, 2011, 06:55:00 AM »
"Yeah Guild rules are a bitch.  If you don't wanna go through them I spose I can freelance.  We can always have a lawyer up top write something up since you guys are a Guild."
"Or we could wing it and say you do menial tasks for me in exchange for a certain amount of pay."
Quotes [spoiler]

[/spoiler]

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #459 on: July 24, 2011, 04:24:09 PM »
"Or we could wing it and say you do menial tasks for me in exchange for a certain amount of pay."

"Depends on the menial tasks and what they involve.  I'd prefer not to clean up after sacrificial murders if you're into that sort of thing.  Too much disease risk.  If you need to head upstairs I'll go on the plane with you, we can discuss it along the way."

Sprinting across the open field towards you from the forest appears to be a wooden automaton dressed in patched up shabby clothes.

"GREETINGS KINTAL!  THE OFFICIAL..."   "Goddammit guys turn down the speaker system..."  "The official representative of the Squirrel Warrens is ready to accompany you.  Pretend I am a normal human like any other."

The face pops open and a squirrel apparently driving the automaton gives you a thumbs up before it closes again.