Author Topic: D20 modern christmas massacre  (Read 966 times)

NecroticBanana

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
D20 modern christmas massacre
« on: January 13, 2011, 08:20:22 AM »
Hey guys and gals, i'm kind at a loss this week, I've been running a pretty successful shadow chasers game, but my players are itching to really get into a bit of a firefight, and I've been meaning to crank up the "dark and moody" aspects of my game. I wanna do something involving Christmas (current game time) I'm inspired by the eviscerated Santa pic int he book, so i figured, what would hunt and murder Santa? Well i looked up St. Nick and found out he drove out some cannibal butcher in his day, and also stumbled on the myth of Krampus. figured I'd make them one and the same and now its back for revenge...I'm just having a hard time setting down a good, interesting adventure that will get my players going.....any help would be awesome  :(

there currently 3rd level and still quite squishy.
You magnificent Bastard

Jesus saves...Allah protects...and Cthulhu thinks you'd make a great sandwich

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

No man should outlive his fictitious wizard -Homer Simpson

Any legal defense starting by: ''I was drunk'' is bound to fail.-Alastar

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
Re: D20 modern christmas massacre
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 01:56:00 PM »
Have Dog the bounty hunter trying to bust Santa. You could even use clips from his show edited to make him a real bad guy. Then the players can break Santa out of prison. This gives you something from reality to get your players envisioning everything and has a very slid-able scale for how difficult you want it to be.
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren