Author Topic: Lovecraftian campaign set in colonial america  (Read 15601 times)

beardman

• Monkey bussiness
Re: Lovecraftian campaign set in colonial america
« Reply #60 on: March 21, 2011, 04:15:28 AM »
Sorry I haven't checked on this lately.  I'd just like to clarify, that while the federal government owed money to the government of France the individual state governments owed a greater sum to American citizens and businesses.  I could see how that could be misconstrued. 

Thanks for the offer.  I'll check out that thread.

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Thread Necromancy a Specialty
« Reply #61 on: March 21, 2011, 08:31:40 PM »
Hamilton banked on that debt, unless we aren't that late yet...
[spoiler]Fighter: "I can kill a guy in one turn."
Cleric: "I can kill a guy in half a turn."
Wizard: "I can kill a guy before my turn."
Bard: "I can get three idiots to kill guys for me."

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.
probably over on "Off-topic".
might want to put a little disclaimer in the first post.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing

bhu

• Organ Grinder
  • Convincing the rich whale fat enemas are healthy
« Reply #62 on: March 22, 2011, 03:05:06 AM »
Hamilton banked on that debt, unless we aren't that late yet...

officially we are starting in september of 1776

bhu

• Organ Grinder
  • Convincing the rich whale fat enemas are healthy
« Reply #63 on: May 28, 2011, 06:09:23 AM »
Okay for those Revolutionary War buffs amongst us I set a date for the beginning of this with a very basic sketch of what's happening.  Without going into detail I'd like some thoughts from people on what I'll need to decide since this is the diverging point in history:

The September 11th meeting on Staten Island by Franklin and others begins the secret phenomenon that will be the end of the war.

On September 21st what will be the first of many tragic fires erupts in New York, and many ships (British or otherwise) are destroyed or disappear around this time.  On the 22nd appearing pale and possibly terrified, General Washington and Benjamin Franklin begin informing the public the war is over, though they refuse to go into specifics other than the cost was great.  Ships begin to disappear if they go out of sight of land and there are rumblings of discontent.  The remaining British, uncertain of what to do after being cut off from their homeland, hole up and begin to plot and ponder.  The local Natives begin to go into hiding.

The campaign starts the morning of the 23rd.

miz redavni

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • all your planets are belong to us
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: July 13, 2011, 09:10:31 PM »
I'd like to run a Lovecraftian campaign set in America after the Revolutionary War, and I'd like a few history bufss to weigh n on some questions:

The US will be cut off from the outside world.  How will this effect the economy, particularly now that there will be no more slaves or imports?

Would the US be likely to remain a united group or would the states fragment?

How long after the war should I wait before it starts?

The idea is that it was the world as it really was, but several people on either side managed to accidentally open Gates that randomly lead to other realities, and now the areas around them are swarming with monstrosities from dozens of worlds.

Even though you asked for histiry buffs, if you happen to have necronomical help let me know. I'm a big hpfan and own a copy of the necronomiconand have readthrough it 3 times.