Author Topic: Some questions: Most probably not simple.  (Read 1804 times)

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Thread Necromancy a Specialty
Some questions: Most probably not simple.
« on: January 12, 2011, 06:02:56 PM »
Alright, here's the first question: Does Southern Magician allow you to enter a class that asks for, let's say, the ability to cast Arcane spells if you can cast Divine spells?

Another one would have to be: If you take levels in Emancipated Spawn, do you base the experience necessary to advance of off your original ECL, or off your new one?
[spoiler]Fighter: "I can kill a guy in one turn."
Cleric: "I can kill a guy in half a turn."
Wizard: "I can kill a guy before my turn."
Bard: "I can get three idiots to kill guys for me."

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.
probably over on "Off-topic".
might want to put a little disclaimer in the first post.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
Re: Some questions: Most probably not simple.
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2011, 08:14:15 PM »
1: This is a DM's call here. If you are comfortable with high-tier games, then by all means. Otherwise, restrict that to very specific cases or disallow it outright.

2: New one.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 08:43:01 PM »
Alright, here's the first question: Does Southern Magician allow you to enter a class that asks for, let's say, the ability to cast Arcane spells if you can cast Divine spells?
According to the FAQ, no.  They answered it when they did the "book of heavily debated topics" answers.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 08:46:22 PM by The_Mad_Linguist »
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Thread Necromancy a Specialty
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2011, 08:54:28 PM »
According to the FAQ, no.  They answered it when they did the "book of heavily debated topics" answers.

Huh, I remembered that as you being unable to advance arcane spellcasting through divine spellcasting advancing PrCs with that feat, and vice-versa.

Thanks guys.
[spoiler]Fighter: "I can kill a guy in one turn."
Cleric: "I can kill a guy in half a turn."
Wizard: "I can kill a guy before my turn."
Bard: "I can get three idiots to kill guys for me."

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.
probably over on "Off-topic".
might want to put a little disclaimer in the first post.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.