Author Topic: .... Another Door Opens?  (Read 7585 times)

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
Re: .... Another Door Opens?
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2011, 02:05:17 PM »
Born of Three Thunders with any well aimed multi enemy spell isn't bad either.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

Nytemare3701

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2011, 02:27:35 PM »
Chain Spell on Chain Lightning with BoTT is hilarious.

wotmaniac

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Emperor's Enforcer
« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2011, 02:55:00 PM »
Born of Three Thunders with any well aimed multi enemy spell isn't bad either.
this + energy sub (electricity) + Acid Cloud:fu

[spoiler]
If you stop ignoring 289 pages telling what the intent is to stretch "more power" in your own god complexion of your interpretation trumps all to cover ability adjustments from aging then I will ignore a quarter page of rules that exist within a sidebar.
I think in this case the grammar is less important than whether the Str and Dex bonus provided to your created undead scales.

Greenbound Summoning RAI
Expanded Gestalt
More Savage Progressions[/spoiler]
Report any wrongs I have done here.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2011, 10:31:03 PM »
Chain Spell on Chain Lightning with BoTT is hilarious.
AND it'd appeal to the player's sensibilities.
Ka-fuckin boom bitches!
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Thread Necromancy a Specialty
« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2011, 07:39:31 PM »
The blasty (idiot) sounds like he needs some Warlock fun. Suggest Eldritch Theurge; point out that it let's you fire explosive blasts out of your hands and into someone's FACE! Plus, A build like this:

Warmage 2 (Precocious Apprentice for a 2nd level spell)/Warlock 3/Eldritch Theurge 10/War Mage 5 is actually semi-good (for a blaster), due to how he has CL 17 for Warmage, up to Greater stuff for his invocations (he'll definately LOVE that blast essence that grabs you fire damage to your EB and lights people on FIRE!) Of course, ET let's you add Essences to your spells and spells to your essences, and he can blast literally all day...

See if he'll do it (unless, of course, he hasn't picked Precocious Apprentice, which would be stupid of him, since it leads to more powerful blasty sooner (at least, in his mind that's a good thing)), and get him to grab Hammer Blast as one of his first Essences; tell him it lets him shoot through walls (it technically just does full damage to objects, but hey, why disable traps when you can just blast 'em, right?)

Searing Spell will be necessary, but I think he already understands that. Besides that, show him Mortalbane.
[spoiler]Fighter: "I can kill a guy in one turn."
Cleric: "I can kill a guy in half a turn."
Wizard: "I can kill a guy before my turn."
Bard: "I can get three idiots to kill guys for me."

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.
probably over on "Off-topic".
might want to put a little disclaimer in the first post.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing

Iskajir

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2011, 01:40:23 AM »
Is there a bitching/venting board around here somewhere? My fave player arrived to game with an unlevelled character sheet. He went from 5th to 6th about 4 sessions ago, and has missed a few due to holidays and work. Since we play bi-weekly, that was November. So game was delayed to level his character. He did apologetically order pizza.

VoP Monk 5/Favored Soul 1 going towards Sacred Fist. His spell choices: Ray of Hope and Summon Monster I.

WTF??? The entire cleric list, and THIS is what you pick, game delayed 30 minutes???  :debate

So, you'd think he would use one of these spells, right? Nope. Doh.

Despite Intuitive Strike, he only has a STR 10 before buffs, so does a flurry of blows, 2d8 + 2d6 Fiery Fist (never stunning fist) and touch of Golden Ice (which worked once, at 4th level), averaging about 12-15 dmg on a full attack action, pre-buff. To me this seems kinda low on a primary damage-dealer at this level. (It's about 1/3 of what the scout archer or daring outlaw do, a little over half the BFC chain fighter).

Plus he had to be reminded of the setting, time passed, etc often enough to get on my darn nerves. I almost tried to trade him for the pizza delivery guy, who says he loves 3.5.

/rant

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Thread Necromancy a Specialty
« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2011, 02:17:49 AM »
[spoiler]Here[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Fighter: "I can kill a guy in one turn."
Cleric: "I can kill a guy in half a turn."
Wizard: "I can kill a guy before my turn."
Bard: "I can get three idiots to kill guys for me."

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.
probably over on "Off-topic".
might want to put a little disclaimer in the first post.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing

Iskajir

« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2011, 02:19:48 AM »
Thanks!!!

Gods_Trick

• King Kong
« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2011, 09:00:07 AM »

Get the pizza guy.

Iskajir

« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2011, 07:27:08 AM »
Thanks everyone. First session went pretty well. I played Druid 1, which was well-prepared for most challenges, and left my background as I wrote it for Ninja1/Druid19 in case I need to retrain and slide in there later. My fellow players were a melee Cleric (towards Fist of Raziel), a Scout (toward Swift Hunter), a Beguilger (possibly towards MT), a Psychic Warrior (picking up Fighter levels and Dungeon Crasher), and Warmage.

Honestly, a Warmage 1 could actually have been useful. If he listened to the plan at all rather than fire off spells almost randomly in ways that made the groups tactics more challenging. For having a 17 INT the guy was having a bloody hard time with "things we want to blow up" and "things we DON'T want to blow up".

On the other hand, he's planning some sort of Warmage/Diviner/UM combo that he thinks is super spiffy. If the party doesn't slaughter him for a misplaced Hail of Stone, he might even get to try it out.

I am super pleased with my Druid, who was useful in combat, diplomacy, and environmental challenges, and my animal companion, who was just about cooler than me.