Author Topic: SRD  (Read 1220 times)

GrokThis

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
SRD
« on: January 10, 2011, 04:16:27 PM »
I guess this is a bit of a noob question, but since I never use the SRD, I should ask. Does the SRD supercede official errata or is it the other way around? Sorry if this has been asked before.

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
Re: SRD
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 04:19:31 PM »
Generally, the SRD contains the official errata pertaining to its contents. If it doesn't (either because it's not updated or because the errata is of a book not covered in the SRD), then I'm pretty sure errata takes precedence, since the SRD is just a listing of rules text, rather than an official source. I think even the books themselves overrule the SRD unless the text in the SRD reflects later changes (and the errata, by definition, overrules books printed before the errata was issued).
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Peaboo

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2011, 07:38:08 AM »
The SRD isn't intended to be used as a rule set at all. It's a listing for what third party publishers can use. So it doesn't supersede anything. 

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2011, 08:10:27 AM »
Both Agita and Peaboo are correct: The SRD is open content that can be used by other publishers, and contains errata up to the release of Complete Psionics (which is when they stopped updating the SRD at all).

For a more up-to-date rules list, check the Rules Compendium. It isn't worth the price tag on it's own, but if you can get a discount on it then it is worth having.

[spoiler][/spoiler]