Author Topic: Dread Necro->Prestige Bard  (Read 1542 times)

fuinjutsu

• Bi-Curious George
Dread Necro->Prestige Bard
« on: January 07, 2011, 05:31:46 AM »
It sounds like a Good Idea at first.

Animate an undead army, and then buff them yourself (Yay for Requiem)

Alas, prestige bard requires one divination, illusion and enchantment spell of 1st level.

Not at least 1st level.

1st level.

I'm already looking at blowing a feat on Apprentice to get perform as a class skill.

Is there any way to get those spells without massive feat wastage?
Eh, the wizard have more money than them combined, he could in theory just use all his money on a fleet of trained attack mules, but then we aren't playing 3.5 but zergling rushing in Starcraft instead.

X-Codes

• Organ Grinder
Re: Dread Necro->Prestige Bard
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 06:28:57 AM »
Detect Undead - Divination
Bane - Enchantment

All that's left is Illusion.  Take a page out of the PHB II and use your Advanced Learning at level 4 as Eclectic Learning instead, and pick up Ghost Sound as a first-level spell.  That should let you qualify at level 4.

Alternative 1: Arcane Disciple [Trickery] and a decent Wisdom score.  I think 14 is about ideal, since then you can use a +5 tome or standard +6 Wisdom item (cost vs. slot vs. permanency) later on and add Time Stop to your DN list.

Alternative 2: Punt.  Drop the idea of using Prestige Bard entirely and instead go for Heartfire Fanner.  In any game where a DM allows Dragon material, this will be an extraordinary addition to your DN.

fuinjutsu

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 05:23:19 PM »
Detect Undead - Divination
Bane - Enchantment

All that's left is Illusion.  Take a page out of the PHB II and use your Advanced Learning at level 4 as Eclectic Learning instead, and pick up Ghost Sound as a first-level spell.  That should let you qualify at level 4.

Alternative 1: Arcane Disciple [Trickery] and a decent Wisdom score.  I think 14 is about ideal, since then you can use a +5 tome or standard +6 Wisdom item (cost vs. slot vs. permanency) later on and add Time Stop to your DN list.

Alternative 2: Punt.  Drop the idea of using Prestige Bard entirely and instead go for Heartfire Fanner.  In any game where a DM allows Dragon material, this will be an extraordinary addition to your DN.

How did i miss that bane in enchantment?  *headdesk*

I took AD: Illusion domain.  If I get a plus wis item, I'll have access to displacement.

D-mag not allowed.  HF is kinda overpowered... i want to be effective, not OMGWTFBBQ.
Eh, the wizard have more money than them combined, he could in theory just use all his money on a fleet of trained attack mules, but then we aren't playing 3.5 but zergling rushing in Starcraft instead.

X-Codes

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 05:39:24 PM »
HF really isn't overpowered... unless you use it with Requiem and an Undead Horde necromancer or some manner of Thrallherd...  The feat tax required to get into the class is pretty fierce.