Author Topic: Song 1: Let Sleeping Tarrasques Lie (IC Thread):  (Read 9378 times)

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
Re: Song 1: Let Sleeping Tarrasques Lie (IC Thread):
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2011, 04:07:04 AM »
Malathar holds his weapons in his same defensive pose.

"Who cares about some measly little soul? We in the Abyss care little for the trafficking of souls. Take that up with those damned Devils. Besides, do you even have a soul in there, tin-man?"

konner09

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2011, 04:29:47 AM »
Leroy trots in and watches as a little brawl sprawls out before his eyes  speaking to anyone who feels like listening well this is intresting the fight of the hour Tinman against  Hellboy coming to you straight from a random  Dragon's cave
[spoiler] Every generation has a teen heartthrob made for 16 and Tiger Beet magazine.

You can go back many years and there was a guy named Donny Osmond who probably every male teenager wanted to kick the crap out of. Leif Garrett, David Cassidy, The Mmm Bop kids, Justin timberlake, on and on.

This Bieber kid is just another of many over-hyped kids created? by the music machine geniuses to give them someone to grace the covers of 16 magazine and to get little teen girls excited. Random Youtuber [/spoiler]

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. - edgar allen poe

Sohala

• Hong Kong
  • Hammer Smash Good
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2011, 04:39:16 AM »
"Tin-man? Tin-man?! Do you think me some construct?" Shouted back the figure, then in a whisper, "No offense Tego." A thought occurred to him then, "Why hasn't it killed me yet, and if it doesn't want my soul...then what does it want?"
"You think I'm talking about breaking the rules?"
"No I'm just trying to figure out how far you want them bent."
[spoiler]
Characters
Ixen-Elemental Mage Test Game
Torgthen-The Darkening
Eldak-The Neverending Dungeon
Games
Dungeon Delver's Delight
Adventures in Eberron
Town of Terror
Working Progress
[3.5] Mana Mage

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2011, 04:53:58 AM »
"A construct? No, you have too many soft, fleshy bits to be a construct. I don't know what you are, but you have mechanical, metallic components, thus tin-man is suitable enough. Besides, a flustered opponent makes mistakes." He smirks.
"You saw how your little light show had no effect on me. Give up, and I shall spare you the indignity of being just another nameless opponent felled by a Demon's blade."

[spoiler]He's bluffing. He's in no position to accept surrender from someone, but that's not stopping him from trying. The front he's putting up is pretty obvious, too, given his poor roll. :P
Bluff: 1d20(6)+4=10[/spoiler]

Sohala

• Hong Kong
  • Hammer Smash Good
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2011, 05:13:19 AM »
[spoiler]1d20=4, for once I am happy for a low roll. I now actually have a reason to stick with the group!  :D

Though the chance at harvesting parts might have worked.... ;)[/spoiler]

"Should my quest end here and now with a final stand, or is there a chance to carry on..." Thought the figure as he went over his options, "It is clear I am no match for you. I surrender to you." As a gesture he took his crossbow from his back and nudged it a few feet towards the demon, as he came out from behind the still unmoved figure.
[spoiler]
Characters
Torgthen-The Darkening
Games
Dungeon Delver's Delight
Adventures in Eberron
Town of Terror
Working Progress
[3.5] Mana Mage

Krika

« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2011, 09:56:12 AM »
Ygish looked on in slight amusement as two more people entered the cave, this time from the other end. He was even more amused by them starting to fight. Still, he didn't want any brawl to disrupt their cave. He stepped forward and glared at both of the brawlers.

"You fight more, fight outside."

He flicked his tail towards the outside.

"Blood-river outside. Nice fighting ground."

He carefully shifted back toward the back of the cave (and his gold pile), while keeping both of his eyes on the two fighters.

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2011, 10:58:52 AM »
T-boy mutters to himself "I was hoping they would kill each other, I haven't eaten all day."

He looks at his dragon cavemates "Do you guys always have so many visitors? I can look for another cave if this one is always so full of traffic."
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2011, 12:37:59 PM »
At his attacker's surrender, Malathar smirks. "Good. Now, are you familiar with this place? I need to know everything I can about where I am and the surrounding areas."

As T-boy talks to Ailimith and Ygish, the demon briefly takes on a quizzical look, before returning to his previous visage.
"The beast speaks? Interesting..."

Krika

« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2011, 02:50:05 PM »
Ygish glared at the fiery smelling person He wasn't sure why, but he had an instinctive dislike of him.

"This is pack-home. Blood-river-falls outside. Blood-city nearby. Blood-city bad. Big danger there."

Sohala

• Hong Kong
  • Hammer Smash Good
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2011, 03:20:41 PM »
Mummbling to himself at the comment, "Blood, river, city..."

[spoiler]Geography 1d20+9=18
History 1d20+9=18
Local 1d20+9=13
[/spoiler]
[spoiler]
Characters
Torgthen-The Darkening
Games
Dungeon Delver's Delight
Adventures in Eberron
Town of Terror
Working Progress
[3.5] Mana Mage

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Thread Necromancy a Specialty
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2011, 05:46:05 PM »
[spoiler]You rolled high enough for info! Here, have a random, exposition laden bard's telling of the information![/spoiler]
Recall, my friends, the grand city of Tarresqalta, a city built around that greatest of monsters, the tarrasque. Chained at the center with chains made of Adamantite and hope, driven in place by harpoons unmoveable, the Tarrasque struggles against it's bonds. But a year or so earlier, the tarrasque entered one of it's long sleeps. Woe betide the being, man or beast, who would awaken the Tarrasque.

However, even now, the people feast on the bounty of it's flesh, and mighty rivers of it's blood flow like water; hear tell, then, that the people of Tarresqalta are more than beasts, and less than men.

Recall Tarresqalta, the Jewel of the Desert Canyons, the City of the Cursed.
[spoiler]Fighter: "I can kill a guy in one turn."
Cleric: "I can kill a guy in half a turn."
Wizard: "I can kill a guy before my turn."
Bard: "I can get three idiots to kill guys for me."

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.
probably over on "Off-topic".
might want to put a little disclaimer in the first post.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing

Sohala

• Hong Kong
  • Hammer Smash Good
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2011, 07:06:25 PM »
Nodding to nothing in particular, the thin figure spoke up, "Tego here says we are near Tarresqalta, the home..." He pauses for a second, nodded again, and then continued, "Pardon, it is the prison for a tarrasque, some large beast, caused some terrible damage and many deaths or some such..." Again he paused, and nodded, "Wait they do what? You don't think they would share would you? I could probably find a use for that, why if I used some of the hide..." He carries on, seeming to have forgotten those around him.
[spoiler]
Characters
Torgthen-The Darkening
Games
Dungeon Delver's Delight
Adventures in Eberron
Town of Terror
Working Progress
[3.5] Mana Mage

konner09

• Email
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2011, 02:12:33 AM »
"I am Leroy how about you people?
[spoiler] Every generation has a teen heartthrob made for 16 and Tiger Beet magazine.

You can go back many years and there was a guy named Donny Osmond who probably every male teenager wanted to kick the crap out of. Leif Garrett, David Cassidy, The Mmm Bop kids, Justin timberlake, on and on.

This Bieber kid is just another of many over-hyped kids created? by the music machine geniuses to give them someone to grace the covers of 16 magazine and to get little teen girls excited. Random Youtuber [/spoiler]

Sohala

• Hong Kong
  • Hammer Smash Good
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2011, 03:15:33 AM »
The figure stops mumbling to himself and turns to his, still unmoved companion, "No, there is absolutely no way a shark can be alive in this cave, there is a complete lack of water." He pauses for a moment and then shakes his head, "No I will not, there is no point...Fine! If it will make you happy, I will look over there, but there is no way a sha..." He spots Leroy, "I stand corrected."
[spoiler]
Characters
Torgthen-The Darkening
Games
Dungeon Delver's Delight
Adventures in Eberron
Town of Terror
Working Progress
[3.5] Mana Mage

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2011, 03:27:13 AM »
"So I've been summoned into a plane of madness. Just wonderful."

konner09

• Email
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2011, 04:49:28 AM »
"So I've been summoned into a plane of madness. Just wonderful."
"No thats just him most of us are Sane. I hope He says half jokingly

Krika

« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2011, 10:15:42 AM »
"Me not mad. Ailimith not mad. Others maybe. Why others here?"

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2011, 01:07:54 PM »
I'm more confused than mad. What is going on to have so many showing up at this cave all at once?
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

konner09

• Email
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2011, 03:05:19 PM »
Fate, Luck, The hand of a god, Coincidence. The last  one is a bit of a stretch. I came here because  i heard dragons lived in these case and i thought what the hell and set of to explore

Sohala

• Hong Kong
  • Hammer Smash Good
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2011, 03:33:33 PM »
"Do you think it is a new breed of shark? It doesn't look like one I have read about bef..." He turns back to his companion, "Oh, they are addressing me, why didn't you say so sooner?" The thin figure makes his way forward to better address the group as a whole. "Afternoon ladies, gentlemen, sharks, dragons, demons and..." He pauses a moment while looking at the quadruped, but then moves on as if nothing was missed, "I am the great, world renowned, master artificer and inventor, Periars." He gives a dramatic bow, and then waits.
[spoiler]
Characters
Torgthen-The Darkening
Games
Dungeon Delver's Delight
Adventures in Eberron
Town of Terror
Working Progress