Author Topic: Gnaughty Gnome Tavern (OOC)  (Read 21786 times)

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
Re: Gnaughty Gnome Tavern (OOC)
« Reply #60 on: January 11, 2011, 05:37:07 PM »
Ok I though I didn't say anything on it.
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: January 11, 2011, 06:50:08 PM »
Count the points, they are correct. MW crashed once on me during an update with this character and since then it's been adding phantom skill points. Only CC skill points are for Arcana at level 1.
[Spoiler]
A gygaxian dungeon is like the world's most messed up game show.

Behind door number one: INSTANT DEATH!
Behind door number 2: A magic crown!
Behind door number 3: 4d6 giant bees, and THREE HUNDRED POUNDS OF HONEY!
They don't/haven't, was the point. 3.5 is as dead as people not liking nice tits.

Sometimes, their tits (3.5) get enhancements (houserules), but that doesn't mean people don't like nice tits.

Though sometimes, the surgeon (DM) botches them pretty bad...
Best metaphor I have seen in a long time.  I give you much fu.
Three Errata for the Mage-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Barbarian-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Monks doomed to die,
One for the Wizard on his dark throne
In the Land of Charop where the Shadows lie.
[/spoiler]

Hallack

• Hong Kong
« Reply #62 on: January 11, 2011, 07:25:22 PM »
It seems there was Huge amount of destruction from the war with it very significantly changing the physical and social structure of the land.  Is there now much in the way of Kingdoms, large cities, and such or is it a more scattered post apocalyptic sort of situation?
Placeholder - T'tosc

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: January 11, 2011, 07:35:16 PM »
It seems there was Huge amount of destruction from the war with it very significantly changing the physical and social structure of the land.  Is there now much in the way of Kingdoms, large cities, and such or is it a more scattered post apocalyptic sort of situation?
There are a few cities and small kingdoms in the southwest quarter of the continent. The northwest is mostly planes, the north and east is savanna like, the south west is a lot of jungle. Map is linked to in the first post of this thread. click to make bigger.
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

Hallack

• Hong Kong
« Reply #64 on: January 11, 2011, 07:40:21 PM »
Cool thanks, I had forgotten I could enlarge that map for more detail
Placeholder - T'tosc

raith0

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #65 on: January 11, 2011, 09:53:36 PM »
My points were good sorry about the mistake on flaw penalty.  fixed everything else quick.  can i take suelean as a bonus language or do i have to spend the 2 points on it next level?

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: January 11, 2011, 11:27:17 PM »
you can nab it with your bonus from int.

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: January 12, 2011, 04:08:20 AM »
Is there a specific place that would have more of a military presence?

Ah shit, must not have saved the sheet.... easily repaired, but meh.....

Also, all the 1st level tiger claw maneuvers but one have pre-requisites of 1; if that makes as little sense to you as it does me, then might I be able to take sudden leap (the boost) without having to nab that strike with both weapons maneuver? If you'd rather keep it, that's fine. I promise no double-jump shenanigans, even though it's a totally sick way to use that boost.  :D

Ah, one more thing before I rebuy my items. For flaws, the standard get dull, and as it's a piece of my characters history if allowed or not, I was wondering if the Insomniac and Wild flaws would be allowed for this game.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 04:38:07 AM by Flay Crimsonwind »

raith0

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #68 on: January 12, 2011, 08:54:02 AM »
okay i should be done now

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #69 on: January 12, 2011, 10:38:18 AM »
I'm ok with those flaws. I don't have a particularly militaristic state in mind, though they all would have some military. The First level maneuvers shouldn't have any pre-reqs, i'm fairly certain that would have been fixed in the errata if they hadn't of changed to CM in the middle of it.

InnaBinder

• Grape ape
  • OnnaTable
    • Okay - - Your Turn: Monte Cook's Message Board
« Reply #70 on: January 12, 2011, 11:36:15 AM »
Sheet's been updated, along with the post to list the special qualities Arcos normally has available.  Let me know if something didn't show up the way you wanted or expected to see it.

For Crusader maneuvers, I was thinking I'd recover them via die roller with each being assigned a number; I'm okay with you rolling them, or rolling them myself. 
Winning an argument on the internet is like winning in the Special Olympics.  You won, but you're still retarded.

I made a Handbook!?

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #71 on: January 12, 2011, 11:42:55 AM »
You can roll them. I normally just go down the list of readied that haven't been assigned yet to number them. just link the IC rolls when you are granted them.

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #72 on: January 13, 2011, 10:38:17 AM »
Since I'm a warforged, and Heal doesn't really apply in any way to myself, can the Self-sufficient feat grant bonuses to Survival and Craft (armorsmithing) only for repairing myself, instead of Survival and Heal?
[Spoiler]

They don't/haven't, was the point. 3.5 is as dead as people not liking nice tits.

Sometimes, their tits (3.5) get enhancements (houserules), but that doesn't mean people don't like nice tits.

[/spoiler]

Hallack

• Hong Kong
« Reply #73 on: January 13, 2011, 10:58:03 AM »
Also, probably won't do me much good but given the historical significance of Trian Aeducan can I also make a Knowledge Local check?  Of course if it succeeds it would only give me info that was contemporary to the time of my demise.  

Nevermind, I don't want the roll.  It will be more fun to play out the info that Tosc will be frustrated at not remembering when he does learn the info.

@Mandoor, Tivus only gets a 10 on that History check as he doesn't have that particular knowledge :P
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 11:01:53 AM by Hallack »
Placeholder - T'tosc

Mandoor

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
« Reply #74 on: January 13, 2011, 10:02:25 PM »
"Another was a rather chatty wood elf... going on about the wine and art of the place. It was slightly disconcerting, to say the least. Weren't wood elves very... isolationistic and territorial? You'd think they'd be antisocial or something, or so he'd assumed. Was he wrong?"

Yes, wood elves are normal quiet but this elf never grow up in the quiet forest like most wood elves do.  He got his elven skills from the refurge camp "village" that was formed 200 years ago after the great wizard war.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 10:10:36 PM by Mandoor »

Epimetheus

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #75 on: January 13, 2011, 10:29:28 PM »
I see, but our characters have yet to find this out.

---

We need more casters. :D

Then again, this comment comes from someone who enjoyed a nearly all caster party.

Also we're going to die when it comes to traps.

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #76 on: January 13, 2011, 11:52:47 PM »
Since I'm a warforged, and Heal doesn't really apply in any way to myself, can the Self-sufficient feat grant bonuses to Survival and Craft (armorsmithing) only for repairing myself, instead of Survival and Heal?
yes you can do that. Sorry I just realized i hadn't answered this.

raith0

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #77 on: January 14, 2011, 12:19:50 AM »
yeah traps are going to be a problem.  not to worried tho im sure the DM will be looking at that, not sure we need a whole lot more on casters. 

we have a dread necromancer, i am going into suel arcanamach so we have an anticaster caster, and we have a bard and a spirit shaman if i remember correctly so we should have everything covered

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #78 on: January 14, 2011, 12:28:56 AM »
And Dinobot. Don't forget that integral requirement.
[Spoiler]

[/spoiler]

InnaBinder

• Grape ape
  • OnnaTable
    • Okay - - Your Turn: Monte Cook's Message Board
« Reply #79 on: January 14, 2011, 12:46:08 AM »
yeah traps are going to be a problem.  not to worried tho im sure the DM will be looking at that, not sure we need a whole lot more on casters. 

we have a dread necromancer, i am going into suel arcanamach so we have an anticaster caster, and we have a bard and a spirit shaman if i remember correctly so we should have everything covered
Once I get the DN underway a bit more, traps can be handled via skeleton minions and IRON HEART SURGE!!!!!!!!!!!  :P
Winning an argument on the internet is like winning in the Special Olympics.  You won, but you're still retarded.

I made a Handbook!?