Author Topic: Gnaughty Gnome Tavern (OOC)  (Read 21683 times)

Hallack

• Hong Kong
Re: Gnaughty Gnome Tavern (OOC)
« Reply #100 on: January 17, 2011, 12:14:59 PM »
So, I realize this should have been asked earlier, but what level of Tier-1 tech are we expected to deal with? DMM:Persisted buffs? High end polymorph tech? Simulacrum feeding circle magic? Polymorph fueled beholdermage retraining abuse? CoP chains? How optimized are these tier ones along the scale to near-TO, I suppose I am asking?
I planned on them starting off pretty dumb but getting smarter and more TO as I feel the need to challenge the group more. If the group ever thinks i'm going too far then I can scale it back some.

That's... that's just too reasonable.
Placeholder - T'tosc

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #101 on: January 17, 2011, 12:22:13 PM »
Just waiting on Shadowhunter to check into the game thread before the boss walks in.
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

Shadowhunter

• Hong Kong
« Reply #102 on: January 17, 2011, 01:35:54 PM »
Flay, you changed from Orange to Teal, so I stole Orange. :p
[Spoiler]
Quote from: Runestar
the most effective optimization is the one you can actually get away with.  :smirk

Quote from: Vinom
(A group of nerds are called a murder because like crows we are anti-social, like shiny things, and often squack at each other over nothing for hours)

I often have to remind people not to underrate divination.  The ability to effectively metagame without actually metagaming beats the ability to set things on fire more times than not.
[/quote]
[/spoiler]

Binder? You're Welcome

Zceryll makes Binders go from tier 3 to tier 2.
Cagemarrow is a Genius

Before giving the advice that build X would be better of with Fist of the Forest, take a long, good look at Primal Living. Twice.

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #103 on: January 17, 2011, 01:44:10 PM »
Flay, you changed from Orange to Teal, so I stole Orange. :p
Haha, orange is one of the npc superiors of his, so feel free; who knows if we'll see him again.

Also, arcanis, should I presume the guard let me in?

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #104 on: January 17, 2011, 01:45:21 PM »
Yes you would have been let in once you showed your invitation.
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

Hallack

• Hong Kong
« Reply #105 on: January 17, 2011, 03:16:46 PM »
So, is the Living Construct alive in the sense of Life Sense?  I was in the process of making an IC post and this will have a profound impact upon interactions with Carl.  I figure he does but wanted to make sure.
Placeholder - T'tosc

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #106 on: January 17, 2011, 03:19:14 PM »
So, is the Living Construct alive in the sense of Life Sense?  I was in the process of making an IC post and this will have a profound impact upon interactions with Carl.  I figure he does but wanted to make sure.
Lets go with half way. He would radiate but only half as bright as a normal creature of his size.

Hallack

• Hong Kong
« Reply #107 on: January 17, 2011, 03:28:11 PM »
Cool, seeing that the Warforged is actually "alive" is going to be surprising for Tosc.  Not that he had/has much experience with them but to him they were just constructs taht a few of the powerful wizards possessed.
Placeholder - T'tosc

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #108 on: January 17, 2011, 05:14:14 PM »
And I'm about done with the first opponent for you guys. He is built with the optimization skills of someone who frequents the roll vs role playing. I still think he can be dangerous but not overly so.

Mandoor

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
« Reply #109 on: January 17, 2011, 09:41:16 PM »
AA,

Do I need to make a bluff check to hide my reaction when I found out our host is a Arcanist? Tivus does not mind working for a Arcanist to bring down other Arcanist until it's time to take his host down.

Epimetheus

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #110 on: January 17, 2011, 09:56:32 PM »
Geez... Just remember that Favored enemy (arcanist) doesn't necessarily mean 'kill all arcanists'; it just means you're better at understanding and killing them.

But this sort of prejudice is making my character leery of joining up.

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #111 on: January 17, 2011, 10:38:58 PM »
AA,

Do I need to make a bluff check to hide my reaction when I found out our host is a Arcanist? Tivus does not mind working for a Arcanist to bring down other Arcanist until it's time to take his host down.
No need. He isn't looking for it anyway. But I will remind everyone that it is the tier 1 classes that are outlawed not magic either arcane or divine. So a bard, sorcerer, or any other arcane caster shows up with an aura the same as an evil cleric would for detect evil. Well bards would actually show up as 2/3HD since they are about 2/3 caster.

raith0

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #112 on: January 17, 2011, 11:06:17 PM »
Just wanted to thank McPoyo for the inspiration for my character in my groups run through the Worlds Largest Dungeon. 

We are doing gestalt and getting +1 level adjust for free so i have a Feral Water Orc Shapechanging Ranger/Barbarian to start with. 

hoping its a lot of fun.  going to have levels in natures warrior and warshaper eventually with the build.  with some house rules to Natures Warrior probably to fit better with the shape change over wildshape. 

having 3 attacks at level 1 at +11/+6/+6  or +13/+8/+8 when raging should be a blast.  adding in primeval eventually too i think just need it okayed.

mthor

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #113 on: January 18, 2011, 01:35:53 AM »
Is it just Me or is flay rifting heavily on Starcraft 2's single player for his background
The god of thunder....... yeah I'm the hammer

Just ask yourself..... W.W.T.D  what would Thor do
mthor, look what you did. You made people on the internet argue. We all hate you with a fiery passion, now. :P

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #114 on: January 18, 2011, 01:08:47 PM »
Just wanted to thank McPoyo for the inspiration for my character in my groups run through the Worlds Largest Dungeon. 

We are doing gestalt and getting +1 level adjust for free so i have a Feral Water Orc Shapechanging Ranger/Barbarian to start with. 

hoping its a lot of fun.  going to have levels in natures warrior and warshaper eventually with the build.  with some house rules to Natures Warrior probably to fit better with the shape change over wildshape. 

having 3 attacks at level 1 at +11/+6/+6  or +13/+8/+8 when raging should be a blast.  adding in primeval eventually too i think just need it okayed.
[Spoiler]
A gygaxian dungeon is like the world's most messed up game show.

Behind door number one: INSTANT DEATH!
Behind door number 2: A magic crown!
Behind door number 3: 4d6 giant bees, and THREE HUNDRED POUNDS OF HONEY!
They don't/haven't, was the point. 3.5 is as dead as people not liking nice tits.

Sometimes, their tits (3.5) get enhancements (houserules), but that doesn't mean people don't like nice tits.

Though sometimes, the surgeon (DM) botches them pretty bad...
Best metaphor I have seen in a long time.  I give you much fu.
Three Errata for the Mage-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Barbarian-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Monks doomed to die,
One for the Wizard on his dark throne
In the Land of Charop where the Shadows lie.
[/spoiler]

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #115 on: January 18, 2011, 05:26:09 PM »
Is it just Me or is flay rifting heavily on Starcraft 2's single player for his background
Y'know, I have been playing that religiously since I bought it a few weeks ago. In writing that background, 'I was trying to be all FF7... but now that I read it over again with SC2 in mind.... god damnit, it's taking over my life!

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #116 on: January 18, 2011, 05:37:04 PM »
Y'know, I have been playing that religiously since I bought it a few weeks ago. In writing that background, 'I was trying to be all FF7... but now that I read it over again with SC2 in mind.... god damnit, it's taking over my life!
I would rather it be SC2 based than FF7. Nothing against your character but I have had to deal with so many ripoffs from that game I have come to hate it. Too many times has one of out players forced their interpretation of one of the characters from the game into a D&D game. Very munchkin characters too.

raith0

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #117 on: January 18, 2011, 07:14:10 PM »
I would rather it be SC2 based than FF7. Nothing against your character but I have had to deal with so many ripoffs from that game I have come to hate it. Too many times has one of out players forced their interpretation of one of the characters from the game into a D&D game. Very munchkin characters too.

Never played SC2 so i thought it was a rip off of FF7 and made a wise crack right awy about it.  tho it may have been ignored

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #118 on: January 18, 2011, 08:00:46 PM »

Never played SC2 so i thought it was a rip off of FF7 and made a wise crack right awy about it.  tho it may have been ignored
No worries, I chuckled at the avalanche joke. And yeah, I still have a soft spot in my heart for that game, though I can understand the hate against it. I wanted to go with a genetic anomoly-character, since I was using a spellfire variant. The spectre/ghost plot of sc2 probably influenced the hell out of that, but while looking for a gish-warrior picture, one of the first were the original soldier artwprk, and I went from there. I added in the GHOST part, intending to make the alluded to next secretive level of organization spectre, but aside from the name and psionic thematics, no sc2 was specifically intended. Though I know I've got a very ghost-brainwashing background, come to think of it...

Problem being, I keep gettink a blue screen of death while playing, so I can't reliably play. Only started acting up this morning, something  about "driver irql not less or equal", and I can't figure out what the deal is. Thought it was my external harddrive, which has the sc2 files on it, but I've been using it the whole time, no problem...

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #119 on: January 18, 2011, 09:12:55 PM »
What chipset does your sound use, and are you using a nVidia gfx card? If it's Realtek sound, that's your problem. SC2 has issues with that combo. Updating your sound drivers (or rolling them back) should fix it.
[Spoiler]
A gygaxian dungeon is like the world's most messed up game show.

Behind door number one: INSTANT DEATH!
Behind door number 2: A magic crown!
Behind door number 3: 4d6 giant bees, and THREE HUNDRED POUNDS OF HONEY!
They don't/haven't, was the point. 3.5 is as dead as people not liking nice tits.

Sometimes, their tits (3.5) get enhancements (houserules), but that doesn't mean people don't like nice tits.

Though sometimes, the surgeon (DM) botches them pretty bad...
Best metaphor I have seen in a long time.  I give you much fu.
Three Errata for the Mage-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Barbarian-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Monks doomed to die,
One for the Wizard on his dark throne
In the Land of Charop where the Shadows lie.
[/spoiler]